Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting checked the order page on the X and it is now estimating delivery December - January. I ordered 5 days ago and it was estimated November-December. Must be a lot of orders. The S is still showing November - December.

Yeah, if you ordered 5 days ago, the chances of you getting a car in December is very low. Most deliveries are now into March. People are starting to get VINs who ordered 9/4-9/5 for mid-November delivery.

Interesting checked the order page on the X and it is now estimating delivery December - January. I ordered 5 days ago and it was estimated November-December. Must be a lot of orders. The S is still showing November - December.
Or possibly the Tesla website is defaulting to only estimating Nov-Dec deliveries to give potential customers a false sense of hope of meeting the tax credit deadline delivery and place their order/deposit 🤔

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Tiger
Yeah, if you ordered 5 days ago, the chances of you getting a car in December is very low. Most deliveries are now into March. People are starting to get VINs who ordered 9/4-9/5 for mid-November delivery
Well it probably also depends on where you live. I played this game 4 years ago. Ordered a new X on October 16 was finally delivered on December 20 And that was the second order. First order they gave me a VIN and it was the wrong build. I live in Northern California under 200 miles from the factory. So the closer we get to the end of the quarter, the closer will be the delivery so the sale can go in the books. And knowing they care about profit the Plaid will probably get priority.

Well it probably also depends on where you live. I played this game 4 years ago. Ordered a new X on October 16 was finally delivered on December 20 And that was the second order. First order they gave me a VIN and it was the wrong build. I live in Northern California under 200 miles from the factory. So the closer we get to the end of the quarter, the closer will be the delivery so the sale can go in the books. And knowing they care about profit the Plaid will probably get priority.
Not necessarily so if you ordered before the $5k increase for the Plaid. Many of us live in NorCal as well and we don't get priority just because we live closer. Everything you're saying is just assumptions, but I have yet to see any evidence pointing otherwise. End of Q3 in September didn't show a huge drastic change either. You're talking about Model X's not Model 3/Y which is their best seller. They can churn out way more of those than the Model X's. Only one factory makes Model X's and it looks like they make only 3-4k units a month based on VIN numbers being released.

Either way, it looks like orders in October will not get it delivered by Dec. 31st. You'll have better luck going with inventory models. Again, you just have to look at the trends. There are still people who didn't get the Model X who ordered the first week of September. They're only working on orders from 9/4-9/5 at this point, which is only 4 days post price drop.

If you get a VIN and you ordered in October, then most likely it was an inventory model or a reject that happened to be at the dealership near you.

Last edited:
Or possibly the Tesla website is defaulting to only estimating Nov-Dec deliveries to give potential customers a false sense of hope of meeting the tax credit deadline delivery and place their order/deposit 🤔
Except on the X they are now giving an estimate of December - January so I wouldn't call that a false hope. In contrast, on the S it is still November- December. So hopefully the estimates have some basis in fact. For the S they presumptively believe they can fulfill all orders this year. For the X they do not have the same belief and don't want to give false hopes.

Not necessarily so if you ordered before the $5k increase for the Plaid. Many of us live in NorCal as well and we don't get priority just because we live closer. Everything you're saying is just assumptions, but I have yet to see any evidence pointing otherwise. End of Q3 in September didn't show a huge drastic change either. You're talking about Model X's not Model 3/Y which is their best seller. They can churn out way more of those than the Model X's. Only one factory makes Model X's and it looks like they make only 3-4k units a month based on VIN numbers being released.

Either way, it looks like orders in October will not get it delivered by Dec. 31st. You'll have better luck going with inventory models. Again, you just have to look at the trends. There are still people who didn't get the Model X who ordered the first week of September. They're only working on orders from 9/4-9/5 at this point, which is only 4 days post price drop.

If you get a VIN and you ordered in October, then most likely it was an inventory model or a reject that happened to be at the dealership near you.
Well I would not call it "assumptions" but deductive reasoning. Tesla wants to maximize "sales" for 2023. They do not get to "book it" until the vehicle is delivered. The last @10 days of production are going to be delivered close to confirm the "sale" happens in 2023. And I actually ordered it after the price increase. So even if not "right" they have an incentive to deliver mine before someone who ordered before the price increase. And as to my experience 4 years ago, it was not a reject, they actually built it wrong - had the optional 22" wheels that I was not interested in. I was able to track it to the delivery center and rejected it when it came in. I was dealing with a sales manager who had direct contact with the factory and got the replacement vehicle in a rush - advantage of being close to factory. Of course we will know the reality within 2 months.

Well I would not call it "assumptions" but deductive reasoning. Tesla wants to maximize "sales" for 2023. They do not get to "book it" until the vehicle is delivered. The last @10 days of production are going to be delivered close to confirm the "sale" happens in 2023. And I actually ordered it after the price increase. So even if not "right" they have an incentive to deliver mine before someone who ordered before the price increase. And as to my experience 4 years ago, it was not a reject, they actually built it wrong - had the optional 22" wheels that I was not interested in. I was able to track it to the delivery center and rejected it when it came in. I was dealing with a sales manager who had direct contact with the factory and got the replacement vehicle in a rush - advantage of being close to factory. Of course we will know the reality within 2 months.
I'm just saying, don't be surprised when you get an EDD change to sometime in Feb-March. It's already on Reddit that those who ordered MXP got estimates in Feb-March.

People have said the same thing you did back in September 2023 when it was the push for Q3. Still same problem. There was no crazy push at the end of Q3. You MAY get lucky if you order the stealth gray, as there seems to be a lot of them available, but be prepared to pick up one from inventory if you want one before Dec 31.

Maybe this will help you.

Placed order 10/23, Blue, Black, 5 seater No PLAID, with 20 inchers.

Updated today with Est. Delivery: January 2 - February 27 slipping from Nov/Dec...

Greg's Model X

I place order on 10/20 the SAME DAY @ 4pm for a Model X Plaid only a few hours after I got the email promotion (email sent 10/20 @ 10am) for transfer of unlimited free supercharging. When I ordered, it said Nov-Dec delivery.

My current EDD is 12/29 to 02/24/2024... :mad::mad::mad:

If my EDD doesn't change, this is a complete scam to get people to order cars without any ability to deliver.

For anyone ordering now, I don't see how anyone can get a delivery by end of the year for an X.... yet Tesla still keeps promoting the transfer via Emails, multiple texts to my phones, and even today when I got into my Tesla.

I really hope they extend the free transferring of the unlimited supercharging beyond 12/31, or I'll just cancel my order and they'll piss off a long time customer. I've been a long time Tesla loyalist and have probably gotten 20+ people to buy Tesla's including family/friends.

I call this promo bait & switch as there is NO WAY anyone can qualify unless you find an inventory car.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 6.27.32 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 6.27.32 PM.png
    337.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 6.27.06 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 6.27.06 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 6.45.37 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 6.45.37 PM.png
    263.8 KB · Views: 22
I place order on 10/20 the SAME DAY @ 4pm for a Model X Plaid only a few hours after I got the email promotion (email sent 10/20 @ 10am) for transfer of unlimited free supercharging. When I ordered, it said Nov-Dec delivery.

If my EDD doesn't change, this is a complete scam to get people to order cars without any ability to deliver.

For anyone ordering now, I don't see how anyone can get a delivery by end of the year for an X.... yet Tesla still keeps promoting the transfer via Emails, multiple texts to my phones, and even today when I got into my Tesla.

I really hope they extend the free transferring of the unlimited supercharging beyond 12/31, or I'll just cancel my order and they'll piss off a long time customer. I've been a long time Tesla loyalist and have probably gotten 20+ people to buy Tesla's including family/friends.

I call this promo bait & switch as there is NO WAY anyone can qualify unless you find an inventory car.
A good chance they’ll honor the fusc xfer since you ordered in good faith and they’re honoring the fsd xfer now.

However, do you think Tesla cares about customer loyalty? They burned a lot of bridges by dropping the prices by 30-40% and tanking values for current owners, build quality still isn’t great, fsd still seems like a pipe dream, USS has been gone for about a year and the vision replacement still leaves something to be desired.

I’m not around here to spew negativity all the time but I’m just trying to keep my expectations real.

Reactions: Foodnut and msm859
I actually stopped at Tysons Corner VA today to talk to my SR, he was busy with another dude, but another SR pulled up my order and told me I should look for an inventory car, then proceeded to tell me that they don't have any in my spec in inventory. Asked him if I should cancel due to impact to FUSC transfer must happen in DEC. He told me to sit tight HQ was tracking and it was impacting a lot of buyers.

First world problem, I was planning on surprising my wife with the X for our 29th anniversary, and we were going to drive to Miami from DC for our extended family cruise in December (Virgin Voyages). Guess I have to rent another Ford Exploder (the suspension in that thing is like a marshmallow), like we did last year. Nice part is it looks like a cop car and everyone gets out of your way on 95....

I ordered 10/26 with the Nov-Dec timeline and expected tax credit, shifted Dec-Jan, and then Jan-Feb is still all I see. At this point wait and see what the January pricing and tax incentive looks like and adjust from there. Upside being a 2024 VIN and possibly new features. If a price drop, do I cancel and reorder to get the price drop? Maybe then I can add yoke and cream interior, lol.

Meanwhile, Tesla newbie, can finally do the X because of the price drop, thank you Elon despite the aggravation for those buying at the beginning of 2023. Still an emerging commodity this EV thing, suspect prices will continue to drop as volumes increase.

I am looking forward to supercharging at a fraction of the cost of gasoline, hopefully without lines lol. Interesting the comments about free supercharging, some sort of past promotion I guess. While I would be happy to get that I am not seeing supercharging as some sort of unaffordable thing. Right now I am filling my truck with $100 per week — with the X I’ll plug it in at home a couple of times a week and only supercharge if on a road trip - and at a “fill cost” much less than that $100. In other words, the yearly cost of “fuel” is trivial, use the savings to fund auto insurance lol.

Still excited — next couple of months should be interesting!!!

Reactions: My_MMS_75D
I ordered 10/26 with the Nov-Dec timeline and expected tax credit, shifted Dec-Jan, and then Jan-Feb is still all I see. At this point wait and see what the January pricing and tax incentive looks like and adjust from there. Upside being a 2024 VIN and possibly new features. If a price drop, do I cancel and reorder to get the price drop? Maybe then I can add yoke and cream interior, lol.

Meanwhile, Tesla newbie, can finally do the X because of the price drop, thank you Elon despite the aggravation for those buying at the beginning of 2023. Still an emerging commodity this EV thing, suspect prices will continue to drop as volumes increase.

I am looking forward to supercharging at a fraction of the cost of gasoline, hopefully without lines lol. Interesting the comments about free supercharging, some sort of past promotion I guess. While I would be happy to get that I am not seeing supercharging as some sort of unaffordable thing. Right now I am filling my truck with $100 per week — with the X I’ll plug it in at home a couple of times a week and only supercharge if on a road trip - and at a “fill cost” much less than that $100. In other words, the yearly cost of “fuel” is trivial, use the savings to fund auto insurance lol.

Still excited — next couple of months should be interesting!!!
If the price goes down they adjust it automatically. I don't know if supercharging is a fraction of the cost of gas, but charging at home is, and I'll guarantee you won't miss gas stations. The idea is to top off your tesla everyday (ideally 80%) for optimal battery life, the software rotates which cells banks get charged.

Update: I went to the Tesla store on Friday evening on 11/3 to talk to one of the Sales Rep, and he told me Tesla changed their policy that day that if I had an original delivery date when I ordered, they would honor it even the FUSC transfer. I messaged in the Tesla App, and they also confirmed the same that my order will have FUSC transfer.

I ordered mine on 24th October and it is showing delivery between Dec 09 and Jan1. It better gets here before 31st of December or I’m cancelling my order as supercharging transfer is the main reason Im upgrading from 2017 MX P100D to Plaid. 🤞