Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model x orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
looks like she’s running a little late

upload_2020-3-7_8-29-46.png
upload_2020-3-7_8-29-46.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-7_8-28-24.jpeg
    upload_2020-3-7_8-28-24.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 37
  • upload_2020-3-7_8-28-24.png
    upload_2020-3-7_8-28-24.png
    738 KB · Views: 20
I ordered at the end of October/ November for 6 seat, performance, white seats and 22inch wheels. Had the vin through about 3 weeks ago but still no update on delivery.

I've had cars from Lamborghini come quicker than this o_O

I've just heard from Tesla that my MX LR, ordered on 22 Jan, is estimated to arrive at my service centre on 6 April. Tesla couldn't say what ship it is on, but they did indicate that that it was the Safmarine Mafadi in a previous call (though all other information in that call turned out to be wrong!). Looking at the Maersk shipping schedules, I think it could be the Mafadi or the Montana. Does anybody know what the turnaround timetable is like in Tilburg?

Reactions: GrumGrum
I've just heard from Tesla that my MX LR, ordered on 22 Jan, is estimated to arrive at my service centre on 6 April. Tesla couldn't say what ship it is on, but they did indicate that that it was the Safmarine Mafadi in a previous call (though all other information in that call turned out to be wrong!). Looking at the Maersk shipping schedules, I think it could be the Mafadi or the Montana. Does anybody know what the turnaround timetable is like in Tilburg?

No idea on turnaround I'm araid. They have to rebuild the car but not sure to what extent.

What spec did you order out of interest?

You may find this interesting. This link is a little old but I think the process is still the same....
Tracking your Tesla from the factory to the UK

For those waiting on their Xs, just be patient, remember good things come to those who wait :).

I cannot quite believe its coming up to 4 years since we first ordered our X, my daughter was much less demanding back than....

28709774022_12f33a103c_c_d.jpg

3 years on from pick up, 45k miles in, our X had been the a daily commuter car, family wagon, summer road trip machine, done house moving skip runs, sofa transporting, air port shuttle, fun runs, Ferrari chasing, and ofcourse indoor picnic area for when its just too cold outside for a picnic.....

32506273357_d3ca18d8e6_c_d.jpg

The utility of this car is only limited by your imagination. More recently I've been discovering the joys of a tow bar (never had a car with one before), been able to fit the car in the garage without having to take the pedal bike off!! Crazy talk but there it is :).

49587557081_52a7d98bbd_c_d.jpg

I've owned many cars in my time, the X is my 9th, normally I would be itching for a change (petrolheads will know what I mean), but the X has got under my skin like nothing else.

It really is now part of our family, for a lump of metal (a white one at that), to make me feel so warm/fuzy inside takes some doing.......Tesla hit on something really great with the X, am sure it was more by accident than design, but bravo all the same. It painful for me to hear Elon says Tesla will never make another car like the X, but at least we have ours.

Waiting a few extra weeks for the best car you will ever own, that's a luxury not a hardship :).

44946045532_48d3d04bf7_c_d.jpg

Hi all.

As an update i'd cancelled my X order out of frustration at no news for 5 months. i ordered a Taycan 4S even though my family would prefer the practicality of the X. Out of the blue yesterday Tesla called to say they had a car for me in stock! Apparantly the lease company never told them id cancelled. Im now trying to get the lease comapny to revive the order at their end so i can take it!

I'm desperate to order one but need a test drive first to check the doors will open on my drive. So I've been stymied for weeks!

I’d offer to drive my MX down from Aberdeen to your drive, open and close the doors on your drive while you stood at least 2m away from me to see if they opened then drive all the way back home again. This would be a round trip of about 1000miles. However I don’t think that it really counts as “essential” travel so sorry but I can’t do it!!

I know that - but until I can confirm it for my drive I can't place the order! I think it will be fine but it's just bad timing meaning it's held me back for a few weeks...

Just for you :)

I park our X every day in the garage and use the rear doors for my daughter.

As you can see the space is just a bit tight, both to the ceiling - 50cm, and side wall - 90cm.

49871192177_a2c9bea35c_c_d.jpg

49870884581_3772185cc2_k_d.jpg

49870354433_c2a903014a_c_d.jpg

If you have close to 1 meter side clearance there are no issues, even for my garage it's the height which I worry more than the side.

3 years and 46k miles on, the FWD are by far the most robust part of our X, they just work as advertised and feels better built than any other part of the car.

Reactions: Mr Miserable