Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X owners- What does your insurance card say?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i didn't want to hijack the other thread about a "70D" so I started a new thread:

I took Delivery a few days ago on my Model X. When getting my new auto insurance, I noticed that my insurance card shows "Tesla X 70D" rather than the 60D that I have. My insurance agent said that this is what prints out when my VIN# is put in.

Has anyone else experienced this?

• Informative
Reactions: Footbag
Who are your insurers? I am with Allstate, and they are in complete disarray. When I asked them to add my X 60D, my agent shot me an email within 2 minutes saying, "Done!" Only after a dozen follow-up questions from me did he reveal: (1) Allstate only has Model S rates in its system; (2) Allstate only has rates for the S 75D and 90D; (3) Allstate apparently does not know that the X exists or that there are battery options below the 75D.

Fortunately, after my inquiry Allstate is looking into adding the X into its system.

Who are your insurers? I am with Allstate, and they are in complete disarray. When I asked them to add my X 60D, my agent shot me an email within 2 minutes saying, "Done!" Only after a dozen follow-up questions from me did he reveal: (1) Allstate only has Model S rates in its system; (2) Allstate only has rates for the S 75D and 90D; (3) Allstate apparently does not know that the X exists or that there are battery options below the 75D.

Fortunately, after my inquiry Allstate is looking into adding the X into its system.
I specifically left AllState because their quote was ridiculous.

Mine is with Progressive, and I am paying like $50/mo more by adding the Tesla Model X 90D.

I have a similar issue, farmers insurance printed a card that said 75MX but i have a 90. I explained to them, and they said that is what comes up with the vin. They are also looking into it.

This is good to know that I'm not the only one with this issue. I use Acuity for insurance. I used to have Allstate, but agree the cost was much more.

I'm with Allstate and am only paying $377 additional to cover my X 75D (6mo premium, comp and collision, $500 deductible). Also have 3 other vehicles and homeowner's coverage with them. Total auto premium is $1,375 for 6mo. It was pretty reasonable considering what I've seen others being quoted. Just wish I could lock in that rate for a longer period! No tickets or accidents.

My card says 2016 Tesla X. When I gave my agent the VIN she said she only found 70, not 75 at the time in the computer (this was shortly after the time when they made the announcement that 70 is now 75).