Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will report back when I get final repair invoice as they are also working on a dashboard noise so not sure what the final cause was. I also heard back they adjusted the FWDs as much as they could and if I don’t like them when I pick up Friday they will have to send to the body shop. I could have lived with the minor trim alignment issues but when one door doesn’t work without manually overriding on the screen and the other hitting the car body wearing away the paint that’s what I want fixed. Will see how things look when they are done.
Update:

Forgot to update this report from when I picked up my X. The SC had it for 1 week and completed the following:

1. Replaced instrument panel screen due to dust (now looks good)
2. Adjusted driver side FWD (operates perfectly now and doesn’t rub, alignment is 85% but not off enough to send to body shop to me)
3. Adjusted passenger side FWD and replaced broken interior door sensor which prohibited closure without manual override (same 85% as above on alignment)
4. Adjusted trunk trim to not catch
5. Located dash noise as being a speaker grille that was rubbing against windshield
6. Ordered 22” wheel inserts (I have grown to like the wheels without, just wanted to have them in case I change my mind later)

Unfortunately, it is going back into the SC this week for the following:

1. Scratched main central screen during dash removal
2. Scratched secondary PRDL controls under the screen during dash removal
3. Scratched white vinyl dash panel under screen during dash removal
4. Damaged upper dash speaker grill under windshield (happened when they tried to reinstall to avoid noise)
5. Damaged passenger side A-pillar trim damaged during dash removal

So basically they fixed some stuff, broke some others in the process due to a “very complicated dash removal process” and the fact that they said this was their first one attempting to repair. Honestly, if this next appointment resolves everything I will write it off as a technician’s learning curve using my vehicle unfortunately and move on.

Hope this update helps.

Today I am getting an error that says “Rear left safety restraint system fault” in my MXP. Anyone had this issue or know what the problem is ?
Had that problem on my Model 3, except it was for the drivers seat. Mobile service replaced a failed wiring harness for the seat. It is important and needs to be fixed. Open a service ticket in the app.

my rear vents work. I checked it last night. Make sure you have the rear HVAC on. Sometimes it can just be off when there is no one present in the 2nd and 3rd row seats
I
Today I am getting an error that says “Rear left safety restraint system fault” in my MXP. Anyone had this issue or know what the problem is ?
I have the exact same fault, comes and goes randomly. I brought the car in last Friday and they spent about 2 hours trying to figure it out, took the entire floor out. Couldn't figure it out and I had to go so they put the car back together and now I have a service appointment for this late next week. Hopefully they will know what's going on by then.

I

I have the exact same fault, comes and goes randomly. I brought the car in last Friday and they spent about 2 hours trying to figure it out, took the entire floor out. Couldn't figure it out and I had to go so they put the car back together and now I have a service appointment for this late next week. Hopefully they will know what's going on by then.
I got a call from service and they said many model X’s having been getting the error since updating to the new software and it’s definitely a software issue.

I’ve had this issue since they tried to fix my seat which had an issue from delivery. When I picked up the car, error message appeared, they took the car back and a few days later they said they fixed it. When I went to pick up the car, the issue appeared again. They let me take the car home, was going to order wire harness and seat buckle.

I just got a call today from my service advisor and said the engineering is working on the problem. Seems to be a wide spread problem. The master tech told me to change the size of the tire and change it back when the issue appears. That seems to be the temp fix until engineering figures out what the issue is. Glad to know it isn’t a wire harness issue. They will call me with an update when they have one.

Sucks.

• Informative
Reactions: Jbell
I’ve had this issue since they tried to fix my seat which had an issue from delivery. When I picked up the car, error message appeared, they took the car back and a few days later they said they fixed it. When I went to pick up the car, the issue appeared again. They let me take the car home, was going to order wire harness and seat buckle.

I just got a call today from my service advisor and said the engineering is working on the problem. Seems to be a wide spread problem. The master tech told me to change the size of the tire and change it back when the issue appears. That seems to be the temp fix until engineering figures out what the issue is. Glad to know it isn’t a wire harness issue. They will call me with an update when they have one.

Sucks.
What do you mean change the size of the tire?

Reactions: Vitaman
I got a call from service and they said many model X’s having been getting the error since updating to the new software and it’s definitely a software issue.
Have you checked the rear seat warmers? I can’t tell if they work or not. It’s so faint if it is. Also the “bacons” are no longer present in the app for my 3rd row seats . Anyone test the seat warmers that have this error? Also check if the “bacons” disappeared in app. I will note the power (to slide 2nd row) didn’t work and I couldn’t fold the 3rd row seat down or in fold up either. It seems ok now but for a few hours I was stuck with 2 seats that wouldn’t move.

Attachments

• EDA7A8CB-0AA6-475F-8370-B08FA1850561.jpeg
    EDA7A8CB-0AA6-475F-8370-B08FA1850561.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: tintedrosie
Have you checked the rear seat warmers? I can’t tell if they work or not. It’s so faint if it is. Also the “bacons” are no longer present in the app for my 3rd row seats . Anyone test the seat warmers that have this error? Also check if the “bacons” disappeared in app. I will note the power (to slide 2nd row) didn’t work and I couldn’t fold the 3rd row seat down or in fold up either. It seems ok now but for a few hours I was stuck with 2 seats that wouldn’t move.
🥓 Present

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220324-203429_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220324-203429_Tesla.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: MLo1
At bit of an update on this. Mobile service is scheduled for Friday.

I messaged them this morning letting them know I had the new/updated charging port.

A few hours later I had software 2022.8.2 pushed to my car. I feel the push is related to my issue because I have only had the car 10 days. Never received an update on a new car so quickly.

We’ll see. Could be a random update. I installed remotely but won’t get back in town and able to test until Thursday night.

Hoping software update fixes it, but my gut tells me it’s a faulty charging port.

FWIW, I installed 2022.8.2 and my charge port door issue (would not open when charger button is pressed) has gone away. I will monitor it. Keeping my SC appointment until I am comfortable it is working consistently.

Also, I had GPS drift previously. Small sample size so far, but I have not noticed it since the update.

I did also get the Rear Restraint System error after installing 2022.8.2. Changed wheel config to 20 (reboot) and then back to 22 (reboot). That error is gone. Hopefully it will stay gone, but it is definitely a software issue. I expect to get a 2022.8.2.x at some point soon.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Jbell and JER85