Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my MXP today and everything looked good, no issues with alignment or paint. When I got home I did notice imperfections with one of the rear captain chairs.

Do you guys think this is worth bringing up to them?
A88A74D0-541C-4BD4-8B66-7B35EA4B6678.jpeg

I picked up my MXP today and everything looked good, no issues with alignment or paint. When I got home I did notice imperfections with one of the rear captain chairs.

Do you guys think this is worth bringing up to them?View attachment 782740
This is one of those things where I’d be afraid they would make it worse instead of making it better. I would need them to guarantee improvement.

The super charger button nor does my wall connector button open my charge door when pressed anyone else experiencing this?

Any update on this?

My 1 week old MXP started doing this today.

Not the charger, as it opens the door on my MY every time.

My door opens from app. Opens from touchscreen. Opens when manually pressed. Just won’t open from pushing button on charging wand.

I tried pointing wand at just about every area of the side of the car, including trunk window. Even opened trunk and tried pointing to back of charging port.

I also reset car as well as a complete power down and restart.

Anyone else seen this?

Any update on this?

My door opens from app. Opens from touchscreen. Opens when manually pressed. Just won’t open from pushing button on charging wand.

I tried pointing wand at just about every area of the side of the car, including trunk window. Even opened trunk and tried pointing to back of charging port.

Anyone else seen this?
I guess its either a problem with the new charge doors or its a software related issue with the new charge doors

Hey guys, I’ve had my MXP for about 4 days and loving it.

The FWD doors don’t open fully in my garage as they detect the garage door above, but I can override and have them open all the way comfortably without hitting anything.

I’d like for the FWD to open all the way in my garage as I have to manually do it every time. I was told that when you override on the screen there’s an option to set the height of the doors at that location, but I don’t see that. Anyone else having that problem?

Another Q is, anyone know if it’s possible to control the A/C fan from the yoke scroll wheels? I’m so used to doing that on my old S

The FWD doors don’t open fully in my garage as they detect the garage door above, but I can override and have them open all the way comfortably without hitting anything.

I’d like for the FWD to open all the way in my garage as I have to manually do it every time. I was told that when you override on the screen there’s an option to set the height of the doors at that location, but I don’t see that. Anyone else having that problem?

Another Q is, anyone know if it’s possible to control the A/C fan from the yoke scroll wheels? I’m so used to doing that on my old S
I haven’t seen it on V11. I had it on my 2019 MX.

Any update on this?

Anyone else seen this?
I’m having the same issue with my MXP. Have to manually push the charging port reflector to open it. Works just fine on my S. ‘

I haven’t seen it on V11. I had it on my 2019 MX.
I’m having the same issue with my MXP. Have to manually push the charging port reflector to open it. Works just fine on my S. ‘

I have the same issues, my doors won’t open fully upwards even though there is three feet of clearance above them. Can’t seem to make them open fully for ingress without getting out and pushing the manual up open button again. Never had an X
before but a friend did and he said you could set them to open fully. I would like help on this as well.
Also can’t get the scroll wheels to do much of anything except initiate auto pilot and adjust the volume. I’m batting at the screen to control fan speed instead of controlling it from my thumb. Also hate digging through menus to open the dang glove box to get my sun glasses as I’m driving , much more convoluted than my S as well and about on par with no center horn button……And No, this voice command does not work on the X either.Like most voice commands. Seems the future is not here yet… And where the hell is the energy consumption graph? I really use that on trips to make sure I can make the next supercharger on fast roads and hot windy days here in Texas. How can it be a fantastic idea for the MODEL S and the other cars but an unnecessary distraction on the Plaid X
which really really really drains the battery. Anyone know a workaround or if it’s coming soon? Lots of disappointment with the software so far, and I don’t care how hard they are working on FSD instead. It should be on par with the old software at least, doesn’t have to be better yet, just do the same things the older less advanced computers can do……then work on FSD, nastier farting sounds, or yet another unused video game.

I have the same issues, my doors won’t open fully upwards even though there is three feet of clearance above them. Can’t seem to make them open fully for ingress without getting out and pushing the manual up open button again. Never had an X
before but a friend did and he said you could set them to open fully. I would like help on this as well.
Also can’t get the scroll wheels to do much of anything except initiate auto pilot and adjust the volume. I’m batting at the screen to control fan speed instead of controlling it from my thumb. Also hate digging through menus to open the dang glove box to get my sun glasses as I’m driving , much more convoluted than my S as well and about on par with no center horn button……And No, this voice command does not work on the X either.Like most voice commands. Seems the future is not here yet… And where the hell is the energy consumption graph? I really use that on trips to make sure I can make the next supercharger on fast roads and hot windy days here in Texas. How can it be a fantastic idea for the MODEL S and the other cars but an unnecessary distraction on the Plaid X
which really really really drains the battery. Anyone know a workaround or if it’s coming soon? Lots of disappointment with the software so far, and I don’t care how hard they are working on FSD instead. It should be on par with the old software at least, doesn’t have to be better yet, just do the same things the older less advanced computers can do……then work on FSD, nastier farting sounds, or yet another unused video game.
If you press and hold the FWD button, the door will continue to open all the way. Then, there will be an option on the screen to "Always open fully at this location." Tap that, and you should be good to go.

IMG_4031.jpg

Took delivery of our Model X LR yesterday in Cleveland, OH. Nothing wrong with the car so far, quality wise at least, though the delivery process is laughably anti-helpful. We had to futz around to figure it out (it's our first Tesla) and they offered no help whatsoever.

My main concerns so far are the annoying cruise/autosteer chime (which I take it you can't shut off, though Joe Mode quiets it a little), a bit of weirdness with the doors not opening all the way or closing completely, and getting used to the unusual controls.

Also waiting for our 14-50 to be installed in the garage, so I'm supercharging for now.

Took delivery of our Model X LR yesterday in Cleveland, OH. Nothing wrong with the car so far, quality wise at least, though the delivery process is laughably anti-helpful. We had to futz around to figure it out (it's our first Tesla) and they offered no help whatsoever.

My main concerns so far are the annoying cruise/autosteer chime (which I take it you can't shut off, though Joe Mode quiets it a little), a bit of weirdness with the doors not opening all the way or closing completely, and getting used to the unusual controls.

Also waiting for our 14-50 to be installed in the garage, so I'm supercharging for now.
Congrats! Hopefully you can post some pics and give us a review after you've driven it for a bit?

Reactions: dbchilly
Maybe try recalibrating the cameras?
I’m 120 miles in and I still can’t get autopilot to work, the calibration in progress doesn’t show on the screen anymore, I also did a hard reset by pressing both wheel buttons. Any thoughts on what I can do?
Yes — drive in the center lane on the highway with clear lane demarcations on a sunny day and it should calibrate within 10 miles

• Helpful
Reactions: aerodyne