Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of our Model X LR yesterday in Cleveland, OH. Nothing wrong with the car so far, quality wise at least, though the delivery process is laughably anti-helpful. We had to futz around to figure it out (it's our first Tesla) and they offered no help whatsoever.

My main concerns so far are the annoying cruise/autosteer chime (which I take it you can't shut off, though Joe Mode quiets it a little), a bit of weirdness with the doors not opening all the way or closing completely, and getting used to the unusual controls.

Also waiting for our 14-50 to be installed in the garage, so I'm supercharging for now.

You can turn off Cruise chime. Can’t turn off AP chime.

If you press and hold the FWD button, the door will continue to open all the way. Then, there will be an option on the screen to "Always open fully at this location." Tap that, and you should be good to go.
Sometimes it is difficult to get the top sensor to recognize something above. My garage has a 12 foot high overhead door and 14 foot ceiling, so it would never give me that prompt. What I ended up having to do was lower the overhead door down to about seven feet, then park the car directly under the partially open door, just to get the "Always open fully at this location" prompt. The top facing sensor is roughly in the center of the root (it's visible if you climb up and look for it). So if there is nothing immediately above the sensor, it may not offer the prompt, even though the side sensors cause it to stop opening.

I'm also having the charge port door issue.... I guess this is widespread with everyone who got the redesigned charge port? The funny thing is that it worked like the first 2 times and then just stopped working at all... I tried it at home with the Tesla wall charger, and at a supercharger as well.

Another issue I am having is that my phone suddenly stopped connecting to the car... Anyone know how to fix this? I tried rebooting the car, I've closed the app, signed out, deleted the app and reinstalled... Nothing seems to work.

I'm also having the charge port door issue.... I guess this is widespread with everyone who got the redesigned charge port? The funny thing is that it worked like the first 2 times and then just stopped working at all... I tried it at home with the Tesla wall charger, and at a supercharger as well.

Another issue I am having is that my phone suddenly stopped connecting to the car... Anyone know how to fix this? I tried rebooting the car, I've closed the app, signed out, deleted the app and reinstalled... Nothing seems to work.
Make sure your phone is updated to iOS version 15.4, that seemed to fix the problem with using the iPhone as a key for me.

Mine had a few creases too, I’m not sure there’s much they can do about it?
Any update on this?

My 1 week old MXP started doing this today.

Not the charger, as it opens the door on my MY every time.

My door opens from app. Opens from touchscreen. Opens when manually pressed. Just won’t open from pushing button on charging wand.

I tried pointing wand at just about every area of the side of the car, including trunk window. Even opened trunk and tried pointing to back of charging port.

I also reset car as well as a complete power down and restart.

Anyone else seen this?
My 2018 started doing that no button response thing a few weeks ago too. So must be a software update glitch they will fix later.

My 2018 started doing that no button response thing a few weeks ago too. So must be a software update glitch they will fix later.

At bit of an update on this. Mobile service is scheduled for Friday.

I messaged them this morning letting them know I had the new/updated charging port.

A few hours later I had software 2022.8.2 pushed to my car. I feel the push is related to my issue because I have only had the car 10 days. Never received an update on a new car so quickly.

We’ll see. Could be a random update. I installed remotely but won’t get back in town and able to test until Thursday night.

Hoping software update fixes it, but my gut tells me it’s a faulty charging port.

Anyone that updated to 2022.8.2 get this error? I rebooted but was only able to restore power to the left side. My right center chair won’t slide forward or backward and I cant unfold the right rear seat. Scheduled appointment… sigh

Attachments

• EE30E8DF-304C-4D98-83A2-78B1A5205B84.jpeg
    EE30E8DF-304C-4D98-83A2-78B1A5205B84.jpeg
    331 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Anyone that updated to 2022.8.2 get this error? I rebooted but was only able to restore power to the left side. My right center chair won’t slide forward or backward and I cant unfold the right rear seat. Scheduled appointment… sigh
Yes I received it on the left side only — it’s come on twice and clears when I turn the car off and let it rest for a half hour…. I have a sc appointment for 3/31

Yes I received it on the left side only — it’s come on twice and clears when I turn the car off and let it rest for a half hour…. I have a sc appointment for 3/31
Have you tried moving the left center seat since sliding forward or backward? Or folding the left rear seat? Its like the center and rear seats on my right side have no power. I also have a SC appointment on 3/31.