Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X September Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope, it's still mid to late September. My DS will know more once my X is out of QA.

I'm picking up in Marietta.

How about you? Did you decide whether or not you want to keep your order?
Keeping. I'm picking up in Decatur. Ordered at Lennox. Live 2.5 hrs away though. Got an exact pick up date shortly after vin. Seems different than most. And today it moved up two days. Mine should start build 9/12

Reactions: S-2-X
Been lurking for a while my first post.

Ordered 7/18 confirmed 7/25. Delivery was slated to be mid-late Sept. Just got the email this morning that my X has entered delivery. From what I have read here it seems it will be about 2-3 weeks from this point I should expect delivery. Does that sound right?

Ordered 7/18 confirmed 7/25. Delivery was slated to be mid-late Sept. Just got the email this morning that my X has entered delivery. From what I have read here it seems it will be about 2-3 weeks from this point I should expect delivery. Does that sound right?
Do you have a delivery estimate? Where is sc?

My DS said if its on the truck pick up in Van Nuys is this week. It finished production yesterday. Maybe they are speeding things up?

Man, I'm going to hit almost 4 weeks waiting on an inventory car here for delivery - almost should have just ordered new I feel now seeing all these fast deliveries ;-) It's odd they take so long to inspect, then a week to ship, then 3-4 days to arrive say 1000 miles by truck, then days to inspect again, and hopefully allow for a delivery after that.

You will be enjoying your X before you know it. Great color combination! I think most of us on here it's 6-8 weeks for delivery. Maybe some a little faster based on what they ordered.

Glad to hear many people are taking delivery of their X.

I didn't get any email from Tesla directly regarding to my X's progress. Called DS last week, was told it was in the middle of production. Called OA today and was told production is completed but is waiting for paint finishing (Hmm, weird, maybe I didn't hear correctly). Then called DS again and was told my X is still in production (very close to near end of the production), but DS refused to give any delivery estimation and asked me just to wait, and she didn't know when my X will get out of the production line. - Not sure why for some people, the production is very quick while for others the production is so so slow. The day-2-day waiting is just frustrating.

Fingers crossed my X will get out of the production line soon.

[Ordered 07/15, confirmed 07/22. 75D]

• Informative
I got that email last night at 8:52PM. Today at 1:34PM, I got an email stating "Your Tesla is complete". Dang... But the DS said it entered production on Tuesday (8/30). Good luck!
Never get
Glad to hear many people are taking delivery of their X.

I didn't get any email from Tesla directly regarding to my X's progress. Called DS last week, was told it was in the middle of production. Called OA today and was told production is completed but is waiting for paint finishing (Hmm, weird, maybe I didn't hear correctly). Then called DS again and was told my X is still in production (very close to near end of the production), but DS refused to give any delivery estimation and asked me just to wait, and she didn't know when my X will get out of the production line. - Not sure why for some people, the production is very quick while for others the production is so so slow. The day-2-day waiting is just frustrating.

Fingers crossed my X will get out of the production line soon.

[Ordered 07/15, confirmed 07/22. 75D]
I just found we both from WA,I got the same word that you did. I believe Lexi is your DS, she said the same thing to me. I guess we just wait. BTW no email either.

• Informative
Keeping. I'm picking up in Decatur. Ordered at Lennox. Live 2.5 hrs away though. Got an exact pick up date shortly after vin. Seems different than most. And today it moved up two days. Mine should start build 9/12

Wow, an exact pickup date? Tesla is definitely ramping up.

From Elon:

I thought it was important to write you a note directly to let you know how critical this quarter is. The third quarter will be our last chance to show investors that Tesla can be at least slightly positive cash flow and profitable before the Model 3 reaches full production...

Guess we September deliveries are the lucky ones! :D

Man, I'm going to hit almost 4 weeks waiting on an inventory car here for delivery - almost should have just ordered new I feel now seeing all these fast deliveries ;-) It's odd they take so long to inspect, then a week to ship, then 3-4 days to arrive say 1000 miles by truck, then days to inspect again, and hopefully allow for a delivery after that.

They're not all that fast, I just got word from my DS that mine was in production on 8/29 and still an estimated delivery of the second half of September (although possibly as early as the 17th).

As much as I want to see mine done, I'm still trying to understand the comments I see from the people who pre-ordered that haven't received theirs yet.

It is curious how some are getting emails saying "you're entering production". Some got emails saying "production is complete". One person on this thread even posted about receiving an email directly from Elon himself regarding delivery.

All of my updates have come solely through my DS. I have never received any production related email from Tesla. I only received my MVPA & near my targeted delivery date I got the 'Here's how to pay your balance' email.

Tesla missed my delivery date of 8/24 and our car has been in the "final stages of production" for more than 2 weeks where it remains. Still no delivery date. Beyond frustrated here! I had hoped to avoid the end of Q3 push. Overworked employees are bound to make mistakes. :(

• Informative
Reactions: nuevodesi
I see some are trying to decide whether to spring for the upgraded charging capabilities. The NEMA 14-50 has been sufficient to keep our MS P85 ready to roll every morning even when we come home fairly "empty" after a long trip. I saw no need to order the higher amperage for our MX and incur an additional electrician charge. We had to upgrade our electrical panel to get the NEMA 14-50. We used an electrician recommended by Tesla.

It is curious how some are getting emails saying "you're entering production". Some got emails saying "production is complete". One person on this thread even posted about receiving an email directly from Elon himself regarding delivery.

All of my updates have come solely through my DS. I have never received any production related email from Tesla. I only received my MVPA & near my targeted delivery date I got the 'Here's how to pay your balance' email.

Tesla missed my delivery date of 8/24 and our car has been in the "final stages of production" for more than 2 weeks where it remains. Still no delivery date. Beyond frustrated here! I had hoped to avoid the end of Q3 push. Overworked employees are bound to make mistakes. :(

Have a little faith! Things always have a way of working out!

Re the emails, it's something new that they're rolling out. Your DS is still your primary source of information.

• Funny
Reactions: S-2-X and nuevodesi

I'm in the same boat as you are. All I get is late stages of production. Should have delivered by now

• Helpful

What's the name of your DS?
Mine is Brandon Honeycutt

• Informative