Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X September Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My DS confirmed today that my car is finally in production. This has been an extremely long waiting game, fraught with delays. Now we'll see if I can get it before my birthday at the end of the month.

I feel your pain. I confirmed a very similar X to yours at almost the same time as you back in March. I didn't get my VIN (#117xx) until near the end of June. When did you get yours?

Both our orders have taken forever to get done, and no real explanation or information from Tesla as to why.

Reactions: S-2-X
Just to bring you guys up to date, the Model X is arriving at the Orlando location earlier than initially thought. So, I'm scheduled tentatively to take the delivery on 09/19/16. I'm trying not to get too excited as there have been posts previously where the delivery was delayed due to findings during the final check by the local team at the delivery center. Check my signature for full information about my order. Fingers crossed.

For financing, I went with Alliant in the end due to the ease of working with them. I filled the application that literally took 5 minutes. I received an email from their agent by the end of the day saying the loan has been pre-approved. He requested the Tesla order agreement that I emailed him back. He also mentioned about the GAP insurance for under $400 that I thought was well worth it. So, I took that option also. Not that it mattered to me, but he said the GAP premium would be bundled into the loan. He mentioned he will open a savings account under my name (required to get the loan) and deposit $5 dollars to keep the loan active. Bottom line is that this company has been the easiest to work with to get the loan even though my experience with loans previously is limited to only an auto loan and a mortgage loan.

What's up Tesla owners and soon-to-be owners!

My X90D went into production on 8 SEP and finished on 9 SEP. DS said that it should be at the Alabama hub in a week, then up to Maryland 2 days after that, then 3 days for inspection, wash, detail, etc, etc. Should have it in my garage before the end of the month!

Reactions: S-2-X
Just to bring you guys up to date, the Model X is arriving at the Orlando location earlier than initially thought. So, I'm scheduled tentatively to take the delivery on 09/19/16. I'm trying not to get too excited as there have been posts previously where the delivery was delayed due to findings during the final check by the local team at the delivery center. Check my signature for full information about my order. Fingers crossed.

For financing, I went with Alliant in the end due to the ease of working with them. I filled the application that literally took 5 minutes. I received an email from their agent by the end of the day saying the loan has been pre-approved. He requested the Tesla order agreement that I emailed him back. He also mentioned about the GAP insurance for under $400 that I thought was well worth it. So, I took that option also. Not that it mattered to me, but he said the GAP premium would be bundled into the loan. He mentioned he will open a savings account under my name (required to get the loan) and deposit $5 dollars to keep the loan active. Bottom line is that this company has been the easiest to work with to get the loan even though my experience with loans previously is limited to only an auto loan and a mortgage loan.

Wow, your car spent nearly 3 weeks in production! Though I have a delivery date scheduled, I'm heading into the fourth week of "production" for my car.

Did you ever find out why yours took so long?

Congratulations.
My 90D has been in production since 8/22, no word yet on when it will be ready. My DS estimated 2 weeks back then. Loan from Alliant was approved 8/20. They have 30 day lock-in. Hoping to get mine before 9/20.
Vin 144xx. Fremont pickup

And now delivery date is set in NJ.
Confirmed 8/6 ; Completed production 8/25 (!); In Transit 9/4 ; was avail. for delivery starting 9/19 but we picked 9/21. Pretty fast - actually faster than my S90D refresh earlier this year. Let's hope there are no quality issues.

Last edited:
1 word - smiling!!
image.jpeg

Factory tour with Kim was fascinating!

Greetings Team:

Having bounced back and forth for a couple months, we jumped into the water. Our order dates are below.

MX 60D
| Reserved Aug 30, 2016| Confirmed Sept 6, 2016 | 6 Seat | VIN 203XX
Cool to see that we are already above VIN 20000. I wonder if Tesla will manage to deliver as much Tesla X this year than it delivered in the second year of Tesla S (in 2013), so something like 22000 cars...Personally, I hope they will deliver even more.

Congratulations! Have fun with this special car! Do you have any estimate how many other people took delivery with you?
Thank you! Joyriding as we speak.
We were there at 9 o'clock for the first round of deliveries and the show room was full! There were 5 MXs and one MS being delivered in the first go-round. Lots of other people pouring in as we were leaving. They're having a very busy day in Fremont today!

Reactions: SDMPdM
Did you ever find out why yours took so long?

I did ask them when I called a week ago. They gave me a canned answer that Model X has a lot of moving parts and that it takes time sometimes to secure the parts. I don't think that is the case. I read somewhere that they were re-tooling the production line for something around the same time my car went into production. I'm not sure why they were re-tooling and I don't want to speculate. Anyways, I'm just glad it is making its way to me. I need it ASAP as the miles on my leased Lexus are gonna be over in 2 weeks. I only have 1500 miles left and I drive around 700miles/week.

Reactions: TslaMom