Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X September Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's up Tesla owners and soon-to-be owners!

My X90D went into production on 8 SEP and finished on 9 SEP. DS said that it should be at the Alabama hub in a week, then up to Maryland 2 days after that, then 3 days for inspection, wash, detail, etc, etc. Should have it in my garage before the end of the month!

Congratulations! Wow, makes me wonder if they started production before they emailed you...one day, wow! Here's hoping mines the same... DS says week of sept 19th for production, we will see. Good luck to you!!!

Reactions: jonman
how long does the delivery process take? I'll also be picking up at fremont.

We drove away in just under 3 hours.
They tell you to allow 1:45 but we were delayed because
1) They had to correct typos on our final MVPA.
2) my husband found loose fabric hanging down under the passenger seat (that required a quick trip to the service center to fix) and
3) once we were parked out in the bright sunshine we found a couple of spots where they had to clean the adhesive off the exterior.
Other than that - perfect!!

• Helpful
Reactions: Niko0519 and SDMPdM
Update: Picking up my Tesla on 09/12 - Looking forward to it!!! (I was originally told 09/22)
Received a email saying "Your Tesla has entered production" - on 09/07, reached out to DS and she said it will be delivered on 09/22 at Fremont.

X60, Confirmed: 7/24; Blue/White, PUP, SWP, SAS, VIN: 155XX, Delivery: 09/12

Reactions: S-2-X
Did DS contact you to notify completion of the production?
My DS insists that I will receive confirmation email once production is complete
My DS had "Phone issues" She could not make outgoing calls...lol however she did expedite my order
after my 2 conversations with her. I am happy with her.
Don't beleive the website...it is way behind. I am picking up my Model X tomorrow
and the status in the website does not reflect.

Reactions: S-2-X
Hi everyone, I ordered my X 90D May 19, 2016 and confirmed May 26. My VIN is 121XX.

My spec: X 90D, Midnight Silver, Ultra White seats, 20" silver helix wheels, 6 seat interior, autopilot, accessory hitch.

I still have no delivery date. Other than pinging my DS, what should I do? At this point I kind of *need* the car. Original estimate was early July.

Oh and I'll pick it up at the factory so no shipping required.
You should receive a good news shortly..Elon's got some tight goals for this quarter. Call the customer care and get it escalated to your DS's boss.

• Informative
Reactions: S-2-X and TslaMom
She's home and charging! I did bring my DSLR...haven't had a chance to transfer the pic they took off my wife and I standing in front of our X so for now here is a smartphone pic from my garage
LRM_EXPORT_20160910_234635.jpg

Last edited:
I did ask them when I called a week ago. They gave me a canned answer that Model X has a lot of moving parts and that it takes time sometimes to secure the parts. I don't think that is the case. I read somewhere that they were re-tooling the production line for something around the same time my car went into production. I'm not sure why they were re-tooling and I don't want to speculate. Anyways, I'm just glad it is making its way to me. I need it ASAP as the miles on my leased Lexus are gonna be over in 2 weeks. I only have 1500 miles left and I drive around 700miles/week.

They must have been doing something in August because I've been seeing some large differences in production time on this thread. Some cars only a day and others almost a month!

I'm hoping that my car leaves "production" this week as this Friday will make it almost a month in production. My current vehicle is on its last legs.

Reactions: nuevodesi
They must have been doing something in August because I've been seeing some large differences in production time on this thread. Some cars only a day and others almost a month!

I'm hoping that my car leaves "production" this week as this Friday will make it almost a month in production. My current vehicle is on its last legs.

I really think it how they group production. Someone may have just got in under the wire with their color/options why we see such a short production run and others color/options are at the back of line why we see such a long production.

Reactions: TslaMom

Watching the factory at work yesterday… on a Saturday mind you… I was surprised that any cars get hung up in production. It seems like a very efficient operation that moves cars swiftly through all points. But I know from first hand experience that a car can get stuck in the production "blackhole" for an inordinate amount time.

• Informative
Reactions: TslaMom
I really think it how they group production. Someone may have just got in under the wire with their color/options why we see such a short production run and others color/options are at the back of line why we see such a long production.
Watching the assembly line at the factory yesterday, we saw Models S & X of all different colors rolling out one behind another. I've read several times on this thread that Tesla groups cars by color, configuration, etc for mass production. But from what I could see, that did not appear to be the case.

Watching the assembly line at the factory yesterday, we saw Models S & X of all different colors rolling out one behind another. I've read several times on this thread that Tesla groups cars by color, configuration, etc for mass production. But from what I could see, that did not appear to be the case.

Did they by any chance mentioned current weekly production rate? Are they at 2,000 cars (MX+MS) per week, or perhaps higher?

As I await delivery of my MX on Wednesday, I noticed that my Purchase Agreement says that the car has 50 miles on the odometer. Has anyone else seen this high of mileage on their deliveries? Many vehicles inventoried as "used" have around 50 miles, so I'm not sure I'm cool with this.

Update: Forget it, I just found another thread that says that 50 is the default on the paperwork and in reality it will be much less.