Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems there will be a a good number of Model X's in Norway. :)

I know there's at least 4 in Norway out of 33 reservations in Europe. Wouldn't surprise me if half the reservations are in Norway.

I'm P14.

I'm P5 and my friend who also lives in Drammen is P2. Oddly enough I reserved before him, both our bank transfers took place monday morning but somehow he got a higher number than me. Doesn't matter though I think, both our cars should be arriving on the same boat. Your's as well I'd suspect :). I'm anxious to see how Tesla prices the Model S for Europe, from that I guess it wouldn't be hard to guess the Model X pricing. Norway is special in the sense that there is neither customs, VAT or "car tax" on fully electric cars which is why I suppose Norway will be the cheapest country in Europe for Model S/X? Or would Tesla even try to differentiate pricing between different European countries? That would surprise me.

I was told by Tesla the first X reservation in Europe was from Norway, so then we should be at least be 5 based on your information, and I was told that a handful come from Norway. If correct that is not very promising. Without good marketing here and way more charging points throughout the country I fear we will not be the largest country in Europe.

With respect to price I hope that the general high price level of cars in Norway, and no EV tax or WAT, does not tempt Tesla Norway to go for a higher revenue in this marked. I asked a German college about the TM price there. He send me this link:
Tesla Model S: Erste Sitzprobe im sportlichen Elektro-Siebensitzer - autobild.de
where they say about the S lowes range: " If the car is coming the end of 2012 to Germany, it should cost about 50,000 € - base price." Assuming this includes all taxes and comparing with the american price of 42,500 € that is only 7500EUR tax and freight for the German market. My feeling is that the base price for the S in Norway will be at least equvalent=370.000NOK in Norway. If my interpretation of this is correct, this tells me that Norway do not necessarily have extremely favorable EV prices to other EU countries, but favorable comparing to equivalent quality, size and at least performance cars of gasoline inside Norway which has a extreme high car tax level. Assuming the X will also here be equvalent to the S price also here, the X will be relatively cheaper to equivalent quality cars of its size than the S because of the Weigh, motor, CO2 and seating tax system. Typical SUV equivalent to the X quality start at 100.000EUR with smallest motor and I am not willing to pay anything near this for the TM EV in Norway.

2 weeks and 650+ X reservations. Sweet!! I wonder what the rate of decline in reservations per day (for now), and per week and per month later will end up being. I'd guess closer to actual production those rates would start to rise again.

Just 40 more in another week. Pretty sharp decline. But, that was expected. How long did it take the S from start of reservations to hit those key markers, 1000, 5000???

Signature reservations are going a *lot* faster for X than for S. I managed to get my early Sig reservation for model S in January of 2011; and reservations had been available since mid-2009. In contrast, a similar Sig number for model X is going to be gone within a month, most likely.

General production reservations, on the other hand, seem to be going just a bit slower for X than for S (though comparably).

Just 40 more in another week. Pretty sharp decline. But, that was expected. How long did it take the S from start of reservations to hit those key markers, 1000, 5000???

So, week 1 was approx. 550 X reservations.
Week 2 - add 100 or so to 650
Week 3 - up 40'ish to 690.
I don't know about weeks 4-6 (I was sleeping). Wish I had paid more attention since look at 7th week after reveal. 300 reservations in 3 weeks!
Week 7 and we're at 990

Someone posted earlier the S reserved 850 in the first 30 days (we'll just say week 4). Looks like the X is reserving pretty close to the same rate the S did.

What will happen after first S's are delivered?? :biggrin:

Looks like the X is reserving pretty close to the same rate the S did.
But reserving early for the Model S meant taking a flier on a vehicle that was hardly more than a concept car, using an unproven (and unbuilt) powertrain, from a company with no demonstrated experience in building cars on a production line.

The Model X started with the Model S powertrain (more-or-less proven) and a "come ride with us" prototype. Far less risk overall, yet still the same reservation rate. Sooo...I'd say that the Model X is trailing.

In some fairness to Tesla, they expected this: the target sales for the Model X are only 75% of the target sales for the Model S.

The Model X started with the Model S powertrain (more-or-less proven) and a "come ride with us" prototype. Far less risk overall, yet still the same reservation rate. Sooo...I'd say that the Model X is trailing.

In some fairness to Tesla, they expected this: the target sales for the Model X are only 75% of the target sales for the Model S.

Most people who I meet nowadays who know of Tesla and the Model S have not heard of the X.

But reserving early for the Model S meant taking a flier on a vehicle that was hardly more than a concept car, using an unproven (and unbuilt) powertrain, from a company with no demonstrated experience in building cars on a production line.

Yeah, maybe. But we have to remember Model S is still vaporware. Same as Model X.

Things will change when normal people get to drive the real thing. I will be a huge surprise for the majority. Almost no one I know, know about Tesla.

I would tend to think X reservation rate will boom after S hits the streets.

Yeah, maybe. But we have to remember Model S is still vaporware. Same as Model X.

Things will change when normal people get to drive the real thing. I will be a huge surprise for the majority. Almost no one I know, know about Tesla.

I would tend to think X reservation rate will boom after S hits the streets.

How is the Model S vaporware? Yes, you can't drive it yet but it's much different than something that's been announced, long delayed and never officially canceled even though everyone knows it's never going to come out. They're taking firm orders now. I don't think the Model S qualifies as vaporware.

How is the Model S vaporware? Yes, you can't drive it yet but it's much different than something that's been announced, long delayed and never officially canceled even though everyone knows it's never going to come out. They're taking firm orders now. I don't think the Model S qualifies as vaporware.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's real and great.

But most people need to touch and feel before buying, to them, it is still vaporware.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's real and great.

But most people need to touch and feel before buying, to them, it is still vaporware.

Model S does not fall under the vaporware category. They have working versions of the car that are pretty close to production and multiple versions. Also, according to the Wikipedia link dsm posted, Model S does not fit. Besides, even by what you just said in this people can touch and feel it.

-Shark2k

Model S does not fall under the vaporware category. They have working versions of the car that are pretty close to production and multiple versions. Also, according to the Wikipedia link dsm posted, Model S does not fit. Besides, even by what you just said in this people can touch and feel it.

-Shark2k
Prototypes and production versions have huge delta between them.

Believe me, I build software and my prototypes are always perfect ;)

Prototypes and production versions have huge delta between them.

Believe me, I build software and my prototypes are always perfect ;)

Ok but still, vaporware usually only has a prototype (or in the case of software/video games a video showing it off or a demonstration only). At least 2 of the betas at the latest event in CA were done on the production line I believe and pretty sure they have been using the production line to build cars to help sort out issues. Model S is not vaporware.

Anyway, we are off topic.

-Shark2k

Sounds like everyone agrees, but are just going about looking at it in different ways. The only difference is a definition. Everything else is agreed upon on both sides. I see both sides point and can make a sound argument for both, either individually or collectively.