Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y comfort suspension?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the standard light on a model Y? HID?
The standard lights on the North American model are also LED. The matrix lights have a slightly better beam pattern, illuminate a bit better, and have an LED array that could be used in the future (if Tesla implements which they probably will) to allow for advanced features like dipping the high beam on the driver's side to avoid blinding oncoming traffic while keeping the passenger side high beam active. Competitor products have been delivering these features for about a decade or so.

I just picked up my 2023 Model Y LR yesterday. Did some driving around today, and I don’t feel any “comfort” in the new comfort suspension. HonestLy it was like I got motion sickness and a headache. Is this how its supposed to be?? It was just rough.

I just picked up my 2023 Model Y LR yesterday. Did some driving around today, and I don’t feel any “comfort” in the new comfort suspension. HonestLy it was like I got motion sickness and a headache. Is this how its supposed to be?? It was just rough.

If comfort suspension is any better, honestly, I can't tell the difference. My car, made Nov. 20th, should include it. I have the 19" Geminis. When we test drove a Y with 20" wheels, it rode tight and rough. This new car feels exactly the same. Comfort is not comfortable. Tires at 39 lbs.

If comfort suspension is any better, honestly, I can't tell the difference. My car, made Nov. 20th, should include it. I have the 19" Geminis. When we test drove a Y with 20" wheels, it rode tight and rough. This new car feels exactly the same. Comfort is not comfortable. Tires at 39 lbs.

Sub 20mph I noticed a difference (microbumps gone) but at 40mph it was like my Austin-built MYLR.

If you are expecting BMW iX air suspension.. then no.

I'm also not convinced Austin MYLRs have the new suspension even though an article says it should because I asked a Tesla insider to look at a few Austin VINs and the suspension part numbers. I don't know if the switchover happened for Austin or not.

Mine is Freemont, if that matters. And like with all Teslas, the included parts mix could be just rolling the dice. I shouldn't have matrix headlights on such a late 2022 build, but they put them in. Perhaps comfort suspension parts are just as hit or miss.

Did you guys see this story?

I can't find any details anywhere about what changes were made. Anyone get told anything or notice anything with their recent pickups?
I picked up our 2023 ModelYLR on December 15th. My suspension is 40% better on the 2023 than on the 2022. Much better on bumps. I wonder if I can have Tesla change out my 2022 suspension to the 2023 Model suspension. I do not want to go after market as it may void my warranty.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2 and Steven_H
That happened to me the as well. I’ve only had it for 5 days and the first few days I had motion sickness and definitely a headache. I was like is this “comfort” suspension because I don’t feel any comfort.

@Jesseric Is it any worse than Model Y you test drove?

If it's the same, probably that's just how it is. If the one Tesla sold you feels worse than others you tested, then personally I would raise the issue with service to get it addressed.

That happened to me the as well. I’ve only had it for 5 days and the first few days I had motion sickness and definitely a headache. I was like is this “comfort” suspension because I don’t feel any comfort.
Did you test drive the performance model before you opt for the long range. I never test drove the long range as none of the 4 showrooms near me had one, they all had the long range! I wonder if you experienced that in the performance model..

Seems like many of you all think that this new "comfort suspension" just isn't. I'm with you. I could lower my tire pressures to 35psi and it might be better, but certainly not better for Wh/mi. When I got it back from service (minor refitments + front mud flaps and rear door PPF), they increased the tire pressures all around to 42psi. They also charged it back up to 90%. After the tire pressures were raised, it was even less comfortable.

Seems like many of you all think that this new "comfort suspension" just isn't. I'm with you. I could lower my tire pressures to 35psi and it might be better, but certainly not better for Wh/mi. When I got it back from service (minor refitments + front mud flaps and rear door PPF), they increased the tire pressures all around to 42psi. They also charged it back up to 90%. After the tire pressures were raised, it was even less comfortable.
What are you comparing it to? We had a 2019 M3 LR loaner for 1 month while our MY was in the shop and honestly, the ride quality (not just the height) is night and day. Driving the same area/roads, you can tell that there's definitely improvements.

Mine is stiff as all heck. I'm comparing it to a Freemont Y, with 20" wheels at 40psi, built in March of 2022 that we test drove.
When compared to high tier luxury euros, yes. However, the comfort suspension isn’t bad. Not great, but not bad. I have a lot of years behind the wheel of cars with no-*sugar* “stiff” suspensions. The comfort suspension is a pussycat by comparison. While I’ve grown to appreciate and prefer a softer ride as I get older, I can get along with the comfort suspension just fine. I’ve considered throwing on an aftermarket suspension kit, but honestly it would’ve been a waste of money. The MYP feels sporty as intended, and I’m good with that.