Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Overall it was good enough.
There are a bunch of pretty bad scratches down to the primer, mostly around things like the mirrors and headlights where someone wasnt very careful while installing, the rear bumper has to big rectangle scuff marks on both sides that I cant fix, looks like the bumper of another car was touching it during transport. A bunch of other superficial scratches and nicks in paint and trime that I dont care about because I can clean them up easy enough and am not disillusioned enough to think it will stay pretty forever. You need to be careful though and document EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU LEAVE, even if you think it is nothing. When I got home I washed it and what I thought was a bunch of dust on the hood turned out to actually be a ton of scratches from a polisher. Looks like they tried to fix a big dust mark and used a pretty heavy abrasive to do it with and never finished the job. I told them the next day but was told it is too bad, my problem now. There was also a scratch by the RF mirror that is into the primer that we noticed on delivery but what we didnt see was one about 1" away that was way worse but hidden by the mirror. Mirror installer didnt have very steady hands. We were also told that we are out of luck on the big scratch because we didnt see it at delivery but the little one and the others will be addressed next month some time.
Other than that, all the panel alignment could be better, the paint could be better, but the gaps I can fix myself and the dust specs are not enough to bother me and Joe Public wouldnt probably notice most of it+. I used to be a Honda/Acura mechanic for 16 years though and I could say that other than the odd exception, no Honda would look like that post production and if I let it all slip by on the PDI I would be in the service managers office getting a talking to.
I am still really happy with the car and nothing about the state of it would have been enough to walk away from it over.
Thanks! That's very helpful and good to know!!!
I don't think I'll be super picky about everything either, just the big stuff.
I appreciate the detailed reply!

Awesome!! Congrats, you will likely get a text to set up delivery in the next day or so!
I haven't had any contact from my advisor as of yet..

So, I got my VIN (171xx) in this morning's source code and a couple of hours later, a Tesla text message giving me options for delivery on June 28 or 29 ... my wife and I are picking it up in the afternoon of June 28 in Vancouver... am trying to be calm...

Reactions: ObiWan
So, I got my VIN (171xx) in this morning's source code and a couple of hours later, a Tesla text message giving me options for delivery on June 28 or 29 ... my wife and I are picking it up in the afternoon of June 28 in Vancouver... am trying to be calm...
Congrats!!! You'll have a nice drive home after!
I live a 3 min drive away from the delivery center.
It's impossible to stay calm.. lol

In 5 1/2 hours! 1pm:)
I got a call last night, after 9pm from my SC. He said the car is here and will be ready. However when I saw the caller ID I was thinking, something was wrong. Phew!!! :cool:
Didn't sleep much, kept running through all the things for today..
Excited for you! last few hours must be hard. I think 11am for me is best because I can wake up, hit the gym, take a shower then grab an Uber to go ... won't be much sitting around for me :)

So I got the dreaded “your vehicle was damaged during shipping” phone call yesterday. So I’m pushed back til July 7th. Whole new car being made...
Damnnnnn that is depressing. But in the big scheme of things, that’s not too far away. I don’t get how difficult it is to wait in the last days/weeks I sometimes wish I never saw the forum or reddit because I’d be blissfully waiting for a call or text without any expectations.

Excited for you! last few hours must be hard. I think 11am for me is best because I can wake up, hit the gym, take a shower then grab an Uber to go ... won't be much sitting around for me :)
I still have to work today, I start early so I am powering through. I work in finance 1pm is market close here in the west!
Your way sounds much better however :)
I am a 10-15 min walk from the delivery center, at least that's easy.

I still have to work today, I start early so I am powering through. I work in finance 1pm is market close here in the west!
Your way sounds much better however :)
I am a 10-15 min walk from the delivery center, at least that's easy.
I found some other things you may want to look at. Someone spent a ton of time trying to align the doors after it was painted. THere is a lot of damaged paint and bare metal where the door hinges are mounted and the bolts. I am also missing all the certification labels and tire pressure information stickers. I think the sticker guy was sick that day.

I found some other things you may want to look at. Someone spent a ton of time trying to align the doors after it was painted. There is a lot of damaged paint and bare metal where the door hinges are mounted and the bolts. I am also missing all the certification labels and tire pressure information stickers. I think the sticker guy was sick that day.
Thanks, added to the list!
So if you want to just swing by the delivery centre around 1 and do the inspection for that would be great! Ha