Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - No VIN, Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all! I’m new here! I have been so anxious about my model Y and just cannot wait haha.

I ordered my pearl white LR AWD MY, no tow, 7 seats, w/ white interior on March 28th and still have yet to receive a VIN.
Initially the delivery date range was April 27 - May 17 and I cannot even tell you how many times this has been pushed back further and further almost everyday - sometimes it would change multiple times a day.

Current ETA is May 19 - June 5

When I had first placed my order it was a range of 1-10 weeks, so yes it is in the time frame still but gahhh it’s killing me lol.

I know the range of delivery can change etc. and I know some people have gotten a VIN within a few days but also within a few weeks. How long did you wait for your VIN? I’m thinking it’s taking much longer because I ordered a 7 seater. What do you think?

Reactions: cancoi and Tesslady
theres 300+ pages of this. Come on in the water of despair is fine. Settle in for the wait lol

lol it's true! I am so grateful for this forum haha - I am in SB CA and REALLY want to stalk the Tesla lot - ordered white 7 seater on 4/16 - thinking my car has not even been built yet :(

Reactions: Peelz
Upvote 0
I ordered my LR MY, 5-seat, red ext, white int, +tow, 20" wheels on April 11. Yesterday my estimated delivery date was Jun 16-30 with no VIN. However, tonight it updated, I have a VIN ****195843 and estimated delivery date is May 28-31st, so I think the traffic jam is opening up and the sun is coming out!
Oh man I odered 2 days after you so hopefully mine is coming up quick! Leave for a trip on Tuesday and would love to take it

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

New here!

I ordered my LNG Range 7 seater white on white MY on April 9. Currently waiting for VIN and delivery day.
First mybestimated delivery day was June 1 to June 30, then last week June 10 - June 30 and today, June 16 - June 30. 😩

I'm so anxious!!!! I guess I'm not The only one. Thank you for creating this post that way I don't feel alone on this. Lol 😆
Ordered our MY white with white and black interior, 5 seats with FSD on 04/17 and no VIN until now. No estimated delivery date shown on our account since Saturday after the date went beyond the Estimated delivery date. yesterday it shows 3-13 weeks from order date today it's 2-13 weeks. Our SA told us last week that our car maybe available on or after 6/2 and the latest will be end of June. I am just wondering why there is no VIN assigned to us yet. I read somewhere that delivery for Bay Area customer is always the last priority which I find unfair. I understand they need to have a scheduled delivery for out of state but at least have a cut off date for order and delivery for those customer instead of putting Bay Area customer last when it comes to delivery if this is true.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

New here!

I ordered my LNG Range 7 seater white on white MY on April 9. Currently waiting for VIN and delivery day.
First mybestimated delivery day was June 1 to June 30, then last week June 10 - June 30 and today, June 16 - June 30. 😩

I'm so anxious!!!! I guess I'm not The only one. Thank you for creating this post that way I don't feel alone on this. Lol 😆
Hi! New here too and same boat as you lol Ordered mine on Mother's Day and shows 6/17-30. Long range, 7 seats, white/black, no tow hitch. I'm anxious too so you're not alone lol

Upvote 0
Hi All,
Ordered my MYLR on April 26th. In 1 week I got an estimate of May 19th - Jun 1 ... only for it to be pulled 2 days later and has been 4-9 weeks since.
Yesterday I got a text saying "This is the Tesla Delivery Team... good chance your car might come in this week." My Account showed "Prepare For Delivery" but no VIN. But still I was very hopeful.

This morning back to "4-9 weeks". Tried to call Advisor at 10:30am. "Tesla is closed - please leave a voicemail"
I'm guessing (hoping) there's some big fix / update going on and everyone is busy.

Thoughts on whether I should hold out any hope on that text or was that just an automated fluke - or worse there was a car potentially available and now it isn't?
ordered my YLR on April 26 now have delivery date of July 19-Aug 8th

Reactions: Tesslady
Upvote 0
I ordered my Model Y on 5/14. Over the past few weeks it's gone from saying "4-11" weeks to then giving a date range near the end of June. At first this was 6/18-6/30, and in recent days, the beginning date has been creeping back, but the end date staying the same. This morning it said 6/24-6/30. Then I got an email just now saying I needed to approve the lease offer I applied for. Logged on and now I have a VIN. Delivery still says 6/24-6/30, so I reached out to sales consultant to see if they can see more info than me. We shall see!

Reactions: Tesslady
Upvote 0
Ordered MYLR on 5/14. At first it said 4-11 weeks, then it gave me a date range of between 6/18 and 6/30. That started ticking up on the beginning date only...as of this AM it was 6/24-6/30. Just got an email asking me to approve the lease agreement, and when I logged on I had a VIN! Still says 6/24-6/30 so I reached out to the salesperson who helped me. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Tesslady and MYgirl
Upvote 0
Hey all! I’m new here! I have been so anxious about my model Y and just cannot wait haha.

I ordered my pearl white LR AWD MY, no tow, 7 seats, w/ white interior on March 28th and still have yet to receive a VIN.
Initially the delivery date range was April 27 - May 17 and I cannot even tell you how many times this has been pushed back further and further almost everyday - sometimes it would change multiple times a day.

Current ETA is May 19 - June 5

When I had first placed my order it was a range of 1-10 weeks, so yes it is in the time frame still but gahhh it’s killing me lol.

I know the range of delivery can change etc. and I know some people have gotten a VIN within a few days but also within a few weeks. How long did you wait for your VIN? I’m thinking it’s taking much longer because I ordered a 7 seater. What do you think?
Did you ever get your car?

Reactions: Vic155
Upvote 0