Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Not Worth the Price Now [Nov 2022]

Is the Current Price on the MY LR Overpriced?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they'll have to do something with interest rates this high.

Also anecdotally people are cancelling orders because of his behavior on the T word. Lower prices will help counter that impulse.
I don’t agree with people are canceling orders. I just left a showroom and I had to wait 15 minutes for an advisor.!‘people were sitting down waiting to pick up their teslas! So canceling orders no, not happening near me! Maybe near you. It my area they are in Demand!

I don’t agree with people are canceling orders. I just left a showroom and I had to wait 15 minutes for an advisor.!‘people were sitting down waiting to pick up their teslas! So canceling orders no, not happening near me! Maybe near you. It my area they are in Demand!
There is a difference if you ordered a year ago at lower prices. As well as orders placed now will mostly likely happen after January.

It's really more of a question of those people financing a significant amount at the latest prices that might rethink it.
What would be nice is if Tesla had an option of locking in financing rates at order time vs the 30 day window they give you.

I noticed tonight that the "custom order" option is gone from Tesla's web site. If you go to model 3 or Y pages, there's a "buy now" button which takes to you the New inventory page. I can't find a way to navigate to "custom order."
You have to scroll down a page or two, but custom order is still available.

Tesla has inventory they really really want to get rid of.

This 👆

Reactions: Daekwan and cdub
I noticed tonight that the "custom order" option is gone from Tesla's web site. If you go to model 3 or Y pages, there's a "buy now" button which takes to you the New inventory page. I can't find a way to navigate to "custom order."

Tesla has inventory they really really want to get rid of.
Just tried this and custom order is still working as usual at least for the MY..

Just tried this and custom order is still working as usual at least for the MY..

I see the "custom order" button on the Tesla main page (which shows the model 3), but going to the 3 or Y page directly I only see one button: "buy now." That goes to the inventory page.

*edit* - the link is gone from the main page too. I wonder if it's based on your location. If you are geolocated to an area with lots of inventory it might be removing the custom order link. Going directly to the page still works: Design Your Model Y | Tesla

Below is what I'm seeing currently:

Screenshot 2022-12-17 at 9.06.01 PM.png

I see the "custom order" button on the Tesla main page (which shows the model 3), but going to the 3 or Y page directly I only see one button: "buy now." That goes to the inventory page.

*edit* - the link is gone from the main page too. I wonder if it's based on your location. If you are geolocated to an area with lots of inventory it might be removing the custom order link. Going directly to the page still works: Design Your Model Y | Tesla

Below is what I'm seeing currently:

View attachment 886238
For me in socal, the 3 has both buy now and custom order buttons so maybe it is a regional thing?

Pick mine up 5 days before and they will not honor the super charge hours. Tesla service is already lacking, most dealers would honor incentives monthly not day by day.
I know going into a Tesla that they do not have great customer service. It is unfortunate and I am holding off on picking up my order until the last week in December. I had the option of picking up a car next Saturday but since this 10k free SC miles came out last week and it is not retroactive, I will take my chance and see what if any they add to sweeten the pot. Worst case scenario is I pick up a car in January and see if the full $7500 tax credit applies if not, I will hold out until 2024 and just keep saving for a larger down payment. Enjoy your car and try not too think too much about it..

I doubt that a dealer would give you an incentive announced as effective today if you bought a car 5 days ago.
Pretty sure you have a better chance in getting something done by a Tesla SA versus a regular dealership. Those dealership unless you have some nice rapport with them as a bulk buyer, is not going to give you the time of day unless it's written on the signed document when you buy your car.

With Tesla at the very least, I've seen more exceptions done by their SA as one offs. Sure, your mileage may vary BUT there are exceptions. I know for sure that I've had some of those exceptions (Freebie items because they are trying to make it right by me).

Reactions: Eric9610
I cant imagine either is going to do anything after the paperwork is signed and the vehicle is delivered. You have agreed to the terms. The deal is the one with your signature. Nothing more, nothing less.

Isnt that the entire point of signing a written contract?

As for taking delivery right now.. versus waiting a little bit longer for the deal to sweeten. Or even just waiting until Jan 1st for the 2023 tax credit? I certainly wouldn't be in a rush to deliver right now. With two weeks left in the quarter/year.. Tesla will do everything it can to sell every vehicle this year. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see free Supercharging for 1 year or more years.. maybe even for lifetime ownership come back on the very last weekend. They've certainly done it before. No reason to expect it's impossible to happen again.

1671475204961.png

Last edited:
I cant imagine either is going to do anything after the paperwork is signed and the vehicle is delivered. You have agreed to the terms. The deal is the one with your signature. Nothing more, nothing less.

As for taking delivery right now.. versus waiting a little bit longer for the deal to sweeten. Or even just waiting until Jan 1st for the 2023 tax credit? I certainly wouldn't be in a rush to deliver right now. With two weeks left in the quarter/year.. Tesla will do everything it can to sell every vehicle this year. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see free Supercharging for 1 year or more years.. maybe even for lifetime ownership come back on the very last weekend. They've certainly done it before. No reason to expect it's impossible to happen again.

View attachment 886835
You are correct but the difference between Tesla and standard dealerships is that Tesla's Service Advisors, folks that you talk to when you open a ticket is more customer service oriented than the normal salesy folks that you get when bringing a car in for service at a regular dealership. Once again, this is based on my experience (Lexus, Mazda, Toyota, BMW dealerships vs. Tesla SA).

I mean, Tesla's SA have the ability to code in Pay Type: Goodwill - Service. I've never seen that ever from any of the regular dealership service centers.

View attachment 886835
How did you get that summary of new and used Tesla for sale ?

Reactions: Eric9610
just talking to another EV car dealer... seems IRS suspended the battery rules until end of march..
meaning the only two rules that matter are - 1. Income limits 2. Assembled in USA .. to get max $7500 rebate.. from 1/1/23 thru 3/31/23.....

meaning more people want to take delivery in Jan!!
Yeah, they are going to have to drop/suspend that battery rule. I mean I get it.. its makes sense. You want the tax credit to encourage things to be sourced/built/produced here in the US. But we can't just make lithium magically appear in Florida. The materials used to build modern battery packs are sourced all over the world.. and there is no easy way to change that.

Maybe in 10 years more batteries will be produced here. But this is not something that will happen over night

just talking to another EV car dealer... seems IRS suspended the battery rules until end of march..
meaning the only two rules that matter are - 1. Income limits 2. Assembled in USA .. to get max $7500 rebate.. from 1/1/23 thru 3/31/23.....

meaning more people want to take delivery in Jan!!
So Ford is still screwed for the Mach-E... Until they change it to 'assembled in North America'...

Status
Not open for further replies.