Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Not Worth the Price Now [Nov 2022]

Is the Current Price on the MY LR Overpriced?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Mach-E is always qualified.. even now.. 1. less than 200k sold 2. Assembled in NAmerica..
Well, if the requirement is 'assembled in the US of A', it won't. Unless they do some nonsense like ship it to the dealer without some random part installed, and they install it there, thus making it 'assembled in the US of A'....

Edit: Just looked and NA does qualify. So your post above that indicated 'assembled in the US' was actually incorrect. :cool:

• Informative
Reactions: CHILLIBAJJI
here you go :

and this..

Last edited:
Reactions: Daekwan
just talking to another EV car dealer... seems IRS suspended the battery rules until end of march..
meaning the only two rules that matter are - 1. Income limits 2. Assembled in USA .. to get max $7500 rebate.. from 1/1/23 thru 3/31/23.....

meaning more people want to take delivery in Jan!!
correction: 1. Income limits 2. Assembled in USA North America

Reactions: Daekwan
Expect a 10-12% reduction on the Y LR now that it no longer meets the Tax credit requirement (what a joke in IRS ruling) ... I can see them reducing the price by $7,500 putting the Y at $60,450 with 20" rims. I thin this is the sweet spot. expect to see this pricing by March- April.
disagree. the Mach E doesn't qualify either because neither the Y or Mach E are truly a "SUV or pickup-truck or Van". Why in the world should the price cap for the Y be a whopping $80k - but for the Model 3 just $55k ? That would make no sense.

disagree. the Mach E doesn't qualify either because neither the Y or Mach E are truly a "SUV or pickup-truck or Van". Why in the world should the price cap for the Y be a whopping $80k - but for the Model 3 just $55k ? That would make no sense.

The rules don't make sense in general. I think the Model Y should be able to get it in the 5 seat configuration if the platform can hold 7 seats. ID4 AWD qualifies simply due to it being a fat porker and falling into SUV gross vehicular weight category 😁 The rules are stupid

The rules don't make sense in general. I think the Model Y should be able to get it in the 5 seat configuration if the platform can hold 7 seats. ID4 AWD qualifies simply due to it being a fat porker and falling into SUV gross vehicular weight category 😁 The rules are stupid
Nonsense… the ID.4 is under $55k and would qualify regardless … as sedan or SUV

The Mach-E is $63,500 for a comparable car to the MY LR... at current price that's $4k cheaper and it includes a charger and USS... Tesla must lower prices to keep the factory moving.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
The Mach-E is $63,500 for a comparable car to the MY LR... at current price that's $4k cheaper and it includes a charger and USS... Tesla must lower prices to keep the factory moving.
The current Y without USS , radar, charging brick, license plate holder and whatnot else they cut out due to cost savings… is a horrible value at $66k

Priced like a Cadillac lyriq and more expensive than a decked out Mach E… but noisier interior and cheaper materials … customer service I won’t even go there. But “Uber credits only” isn’t something you hear at your local Cadillac or Ford service department

Status
Not open for further replies.