Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Not Worth the Price Now [Nov 2022]

Is the Current Price on the MY LR Overpriced?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually just cancelled my order (my VIN was assigned) unfortunately because of the tax credit kerfuffle. I'll reorder when the price becomes more reasonable. I'll also check out the used options.
Good call. Especially once the face lifted Model 3 LR comes back out and likely just under $55k to qualify… arguing that the Model Y is worth $10k more than the 3 is hard… given that both vehicles are nearly identical with a tad more ground clearance and cargo rear seat room in the Y (meaningful when most cars on the road aren’t even occupied by 2 people on average)

Good call. Especially once the face lifted Model 3 LR comes back out and likely just under $55k to qualify… arguing that the Model Y is worth $10k more than the 3 is hard… given that both vehicles are nearly identical with a tad more ground clearance and cargo rear seat room in the Y (meaningful when most cars on the road aren’t even occupied by 2 people on average)
You get a ton more space in the Y lol. Also a ton more practical because of the hatch alone. You’ll be waiting a long time for the refresh

which is still awful news for the stock.

Wall Street expected Tesla to sell all their cars they make in 2023 ... they still do expect that but the price for the cars sold just got much lower.... hurting EPS
Production cost is also going to be lower. Overall profit margin will be smaller but the smaller margin will be made up for by quantity. Looks like Tesla’s market share dominance is going to be extended for another few years.

Reactions: Yelobird
Production cost is also going to be lower. Overall profit margin will be smaller but the smaller margin will be made up for by quantity. Looks like Tesla’s market share dominance is going to be extended for another few years.
how are they magically going to produce MORE cars than they already projected for 2023 ? is there a secret factory coming online investors don't know about?

Reactions: bobbyjae
I actually just cancelled my order (my VIN was assigned) unfortunately because of the tax credit kerfuffle. I'll reorder when the price becomes more reasonable. I'll also check out the used options.
Wow I made a good choice!

Still weighing reordering vs buying a cheaper used. With this price drop the $2000 CA rebate comes back into play too.

Reactions: DrGriz
Status
Not open for further replies.