Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Not Worth the Price Now [Nov 2022]

Is the Current Price on the MY LR Overpriced?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Majority of the deliveiries that have happened over last 2 months are booked before current prices ...
seems there are no buyers at the current prices coupled with high interest rates.
Yup. I'm hesitant with these rates. Interest wasn't so high when I ordered.
check inventory near you...
NY/NJ area.... there is every possible combination available.
point of the matter is - there are many/many cars available despite $3750 discount PLUS $3000 EAP discounts...
run with it however you like
They're doing EAP discount now too???

Reactions: Eric9610
it's amazing how 4-5 members come to defend Tesla/Musk for 100 different memebers posting onething or other....
these are the same people that said no way price cut happening in USA... now that it happened.. it's only TEMP...
noway to win an arguement on this thread or even express freely... since some are fully obligated to come to defend Tesla/Musk ... and reply to every post!!!
Let's go!!
you are free to disagree, no problem.
but Tesla doesn't have a demand problem; they're selling all they can make.
there will come a time, but not real soon, when adjustments will be made. that's a real world response.
but fearmongering just for it's own sake? nah.

it was just an example - there are base models available - even after discount!! data points are data points..
let's see where the end of the month takes us to and next year...
enjoy rest of the day!!
so we all get to see what happens after EoY.
Tesla learned from last year, when everyone wanted to delay deliveries until Jan1 22 to capture the rebates - that didn't happen.
to avoid that chaos again, they are trying something.
if it continues well into Q1, you're right. if not, we're right.
doesn't matter if you aren't buying - which apparently you're not.

there will come a time, but not real soon, when adjustments will be made. that's a real world response.
how is cutting price (temp or otherwise) and still showing local inventory (they never had inventory a month ago) - is equal to - selling everything they make and doesn't have demand problem!

I also have an R1S and a CT on order. If you just ordered the Rivian then yes it’s $96k for the 4 motor version but if you had an order in for a while it’s $79k. A far better car in every aspect than the Y.

If you're gonna play the I-use-an-older-ordered-price game, then you have to compare to a $10k cheaper Model Y ordered a year and a half ago.

Either compare 2020 prices, or 2022 prices. For BOTH.

I think a lot of cars are suffering from a demand issue. I saw a Kia dealer post 25 Tellurides at MSRP on FB and I just got two calls today for Telluride SXs at MSRP which was impossible 3 months ago. Markups were $10K+ typically.

Also, I have a Kia EV6 Wind AWD order arrive today - MSRP. A GT-Line (not my order) is being offered at MSRP by the same dealer.

Genesis GV60 Performances are numerous on CT + NY. There was a dealer with 13 on the lot a month ago (now 12 https://www.genesisofmilfordct.com/...GV60&_dFR[type][0]=New&_paymentType=our_price) and another with 10+ too. These are not "orders" as I inquired about them and was told I could buy and self-organize shipping (they had issues with shipping out of state so they no longer offer it).

how is cutting price (temp or otherwise) and still showing local inventory (they never had inventory a month ago) - is equal to - selling everything they make and doesn't have demand problem!
as I elaborated already, last year the (failed) BBB legislation had everyone scrambling to delay deliveries and caught Tesla off guard.
This year they're being proactive to compensate for a similar trend.

$3750 is probably the rebate that would be available after Jan 1, so now they can give buyers the option for NOW or LATER, without impact.
Tesla also can capture more people who might not have qualified (ie income too high or vehicle price too high).

It's just good order flow management. Tesla learned from last year.
Reading more into it, as your take on it does, is just speculative wishful thinking to justify your decision not to buy.
Good Luck with whatever you do. It's your decision. Just don't ask us for our approval.

I guess, you read too much in my post...
I took delivery of one in Nov.. and simply won't take second one for quality and other reasons
I won't qualify for any rebates next year due to income limits... if I really want it, it's the best deal as of now with 3750 off and 3000 off EAP..
you see... i am not trying to justify not taking delivery.. just laying out the facts... you keep missing the point that cars are not flying off the shelf despite two types of dicounts!!! we can resume at the end of the month or when Jan '23 kicks in..

Reactions: Eric9610
I guess, you read too much in my post...
I took delivery of one in Nov.. and simply won't take second one for quality and other reasons
I won't qualify for any rebates next year due to income limits... if I really want it, it's the best deal as of now with 3750 off and 3000 off EAP..
you see... i am not trying to justify not taking delivery.. just laying out the facts... you keep missing the point that cars are not flying off the shelf despite two types of dicounts!!! we can resume at the end of the month or when Jan '23 kicks in..
But no one knows what quantity is or isn't moving.
Tesla hasn't published weekly delivery info, only monthly.
And November was over 100,000. A record.
So.....

Same, I'd likely bite at $3k.
I think the only thing out of all the features that I would find valuable is the auto lane change. Probably still not worth $3,000 to me but at least it would have me considering it. $6,000 just seems crazy for what you get, especially considering that other companies are starting to add those same features for less.

The fact that new stock inventory exists points to a slowdown in demand... if every car was sold then they would not have stock cars. This is real world data available on Teslas website... several months ago when the wait was 6 months+ no new stock existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.