Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y RWD now available. RWD+AWD now eligible for iZEV Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was there yesterday to pick up a LR, but denied delivery due to pretty bad issues (Fremont LR). I kept comparing every issue to a RWD model right behind it and it was perfect.

Issues if you guys are curious:
-white on bumper didn’t match rest of the car (bumper had yellowish creme tint while rest of car had bright white paint with flakes)
-back of front seats had deep scratches in plastic, looked like wolverine scratched it (entire seat would have to be replaced I think)
-Driver door handle didn’t close on its own
-more panel gaps than I could count (including none of the trim around the window lining up)

I told them I’d wait for a Shanghai LR (I’m fine with waiting). Other Fremont builds there had exactly the same issues. It’s an expensive car so I’d like it to be perfect. [
The first Shanghai cars are now in Ontario . I found all these at the Kitchener store. Lots of white MY RWDs, three blacks and one red. There was a grey Model 3 as well. Quality looked superb on all of them.View attachment 945647View attachment 945650View attachment 945651
Is it the picture quality/colour distortion or the trims around the windows are not matt black anymore??

Tesla Vaughan refused multiple times to leave the front plate off the car at pickup. I messaged them yesterday and they confirmed that they were able to leave the front plate off and left a sticky note on the car.

But when I got there, the rep refused to give me the keys if they didn't attach the front plate. They were unwilling to provide replacement brackets or 3M tape or anything if I removed it once they put it on
when I picked up my MY LR from Oakville, I asked them not to install the front plates because I was just going to drive 5 mins to the PPF shop. They said ok, but the guy actually doing it did not get the message. Anyway, the ppf guy just yanked it off, no issues.

For those who are interested, picked up the RWD on Saturday. I’m not an expert, but the build quality is about 99%, small imperfections in aligning the headlights, left back door window isolation small issue that will be fixed by the mobile service team this week.

The card drives great ! Enjoying every moment in it :)
Did you point out the little imperfections to them on the spot or you noticed them once you got home and informed them afterwards?

Reactions: LeFrankeh
For those who are interested, picked up the RWD on Saturday. I’m not an expert, but the build quality is about 99%, small imperfections in aligning the headlights, left back door window isolation small issue that will be fixed by the mobile service team this week.

The card drives great ! Enjoying every moment in it :)
I am on the fence about the RWD MY. In my mind living in Canada cars should be AWD. Are there any drawbacks to the RWD? I know the pickup is a tad slower, but other than that I would love to hear thoughts and opinions.

For those who are interested, picked up the RWD on Saturday, not an expert, but the build quality about 99%, small imperfections in aligning the headlights,
Did you point out the little imperfections to them on the spot or you noticed them once you got home and informed them afterwards?
I showed them on the spot. There were people who work at the tesla service and you could ask them to take a look at any issues you find

Reactions: MisterX

Attachments

• IMG_8191.jpeg
    IMG_8191.jpeg
    214.5 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: coolangattic
I am on the fence about the RWD MY. In my mind living in Canada cars should be AWD. Are there any drawbacks to the RWD? I know the pickup is a tad slower, but other than that I would love to hear thoughts and opinions.
I guess I will be able to answer next spring :) no idea how it will be during winter, but a friend has a model 3 rwd and said she encountered no issue. We live in the Montreal area, so we’re mostly on highways and pretty level ground.

You can’t go wrong with AWD, but in Quebec that does not qualify for the 7K incentives

I guess I will be able to answer next spring :) no idea how it will be during winter, but a friend has a model 3 rwd and said she encountered no issue. We live in the Montreal area, so we’re mostly on highways and pretty level ground.

You can’t go wrong with AWD, but in Quebec that does not qualify for the 7K incentives
7K, nice. Ontario only gets 5k on incentives. Lucky. I have read and watched YT videos that the RWD is good, just really hesitant to go that route. Hopefully I can get more feedback from others that may have a RWD. Hopefully I will get to join the Tesla club soon.

For those who are interested, picked up the RWD on Saturday, not an expert, but the build quality about 99%, small imperfections in aligning the headlights,

I showed them on the spot. There were people who work at the tesla service and you could ask them to take a look at any issues you find
Thanks, I pick up my RWD this Friday at the Tesla Laval location so wanted to know if it was so ridiculously busy that I wouldn't be able to get a hold of anyone. I read they delivered 200+ cars last Saturday!

My RWD M3 is really good in the snow, with excellent traction even with the stock ASR tires. I had to visit the BC interior last November and I had no problems.

Thank you for the feedback. Appreciated. Makes me feel better hearing some first-hand accounts of RWD use.
My 2018 M3 RWD was great in the snow. Weight and drive coming from the back meant no issues where you might expect them - hill starts in slippery snow etc. The single most important thing on any car is decent winter tires. Didn’t notice any winter driving difference when I switched to MY AWD.