Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y RWD now available. RWD+AWD now eligible for iZEV Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Australia just dropped prices on the RWD by another $2300 USD coming in cheaper then the Canadian model, this can be followed with price cut here as well.
I wonder how they adjust prices when you have a car on order awaiting vin or already have a VIN. Should we push our delivery ;)
They will adjust pricing if it gets lower before you take delivery. That's a big if they lower.

just went on a tiny road trip and the power consumption is quite concerning…

I have 1 adult and 1 child in my car with 2 suitcase so around 200-250kg of weight, took 18% battery to drive 59.5km on the way back, and total today, it was 41.6% to drive 133.2km…

so overall the range is around 300-350km

I guess that’s normal, i have sentry on, which wasn’t taken into calculation (sentry took 7-8% battery for only a few hours?), ended the day with 50% battery and drove only 133.2km. Without sentry it would be at around 58.4% (100-41.6) i guess. The energy graph shows some harsh drop in energy, those are when it’s parked with sentry on and no climate control or overheat protection)

The park graph shows 7.5% but only 1.8% from sentry, not sure why it uses 4.6% for screen time because the screen wasn’t on when it was parked,( nobody was in the car when parked for the majority of time parked)

let me know your range number.

Will need more time to investigate, but the range is quite low with sentry on, i will test without it next week or the week after.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    507.3 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    456.2 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    613.5 KB · Views: 40

I have 1 adult and 1 child in my car with 2 suitcase so around 200-250kg of weight, took 18% battery to drive 59.5km on the way back, and total today, it was 41.6% to drive 133.2km…

I guess that’s normal, i have sentry on, which wasn’t taken into calculation (sentry took 7-8% battery for only a few hours?), ended the day with 50% battery and drove only 133.2km. Without sentry it would be at around 58.4% (100-41.6) i guess. The energy graph shows some harsh drop in energy, those are when it’s parked with sentry on and no climate control or overheat protection)

The park graph shows 7.5% but only 1.8% from sentry, not sure why it uses 4.6% for screen time because the screen wasn’t on when it was parked,( nobody was in the car when parked for the majority of time parked)

Will need more time to investigate, but the range is quite low with sentry on, i will test without it next week or the week after.
Hmm that’s weird, my overnight battery drain is around 3-4% with sentry on. Perhaps you parked in a high traffic area with a lot of sentry activations. Also constantly opening the app while it’s parked will also drain battery as it wakes up the car every time.

Last edited:

Weather, rain, snow, cold or hot weather, wind, sentry mode on, drive fast, looking at the app and not let the car sleep, roof box and/or roof bike rack, towing, hitch mount bike, etc. One and/or all of the above will drain your battery slow, medium or faster than usual.

In winter, you'll see a significant drop in range.

Edit. Sentry is a minimum of 1% an hour. If you are in a high traffic area it will drain your battery faster. That is why you keep it off if you don't need it (ex : at home). By keeping it off, your car will go in deep sleep. Keep in mind your car even if it's parked, will heat or cold the power pack from time to time. This also drain a bit of battery.

Reactions: Esan na
just to reply to everyone, i didn’t look at the phone app at all today because i was on the lake, car is parked at a place with minimum traffic (like 1-5 car/people going in/out the lot every hour)

In the graph at around 70km, you can see the period it was parked for a few hours, then I came back and drove 5 mins to a new parking lot where we dragged the boat onto, and then parked there for an hour or so to load everything into the car.

The first dip in graph (around 15km) that was me having the trunk open, doors maybe open occasionally, for 30 mins to load stuff into the car.

Anyway the drive itself doesn’t seems to take much battery (with ac on the whole time, music blasting, 250kg load including driver), if trusting the tesla measure, 41.6% battery to drive 133.2km with ac on full blast and 90-120km/h, that would give it full range of 320km continuous driving.

Reactions: Esan na
We picked up our RWD MY from Toronto on Thursday last week. Could not find anything wrong with it. Really impressed so far. Our MY is white because we really didn't care about the colour and spending an extra $1000 or $2000 for a different colour was not worth it to us.
Also I see that today Tesla has changed the colour pricing options. Now Silver is free and White is the $1,300 upgrade so funny how even Tesla doesn't really care which colour is the free one.

We picked up our RWD MY from Toronto on Thursday last week. Could not find anything wrong with it. Really impressed so far. Our MY is white because we really didn't care about the colour and spending an extra $1000 or $2000 for a different colour was not worth it to us.
Also I see that today Tesla has changed the colour pricing options. Now Silver is free and White is the $1,300 upgrade so funny how even Tesla doesn't really care which colour is the free one.
They seem to switch periodically, grey and balck was offered for free in the past.

Parked at work for 8 hours, sentry took 4% battery. My drive to and from work took 1% in total lol…

I will keep sentry on for the rest of the week and get a better estimate on range.

also lowered tire pressure yesterday, it was at 48 psi at delivery, lowered to 42 cold in the morning, around 45 when driving for a while, def noticed huge difference in comfort, road noise is a lot quiter

Any recent Model 3 or Y owners experience the blank screen issue?

I've had to reboot my M3 twice in a month.
Talking to another MY owner on another forum who had the same issue.

I haven't bothered opening a service issue yet, just keeping track ATM.

So did everyone who ordered MSM get their $1300 refunded back? And if so, did you also get the ~$700 price adjustment as well?
My SA is telling me I don’t qualify for the $1300 refund because I was matched to an “inventory” vehicle which gave me the $700 price adjustment already…..

I put a USB nvme drive to replace the tesla usb drive, but it dies after a day of use… then i switched to another different usb nvme drive, died after a day as well… not sure what’s going on, but tesla doesn’t like those drives for some reason.

I put a USB nvme drive to replace the tesla usb drive, but it dies after a day of use… then i switched to another different usb nvme drive, died after a day as well… not sure what’s going on, but tesla doesn’t like those drives for some reason.
if you can still find one this IS the one to get to withstand extreme hot and cold. DO NOT BUY Samsung T7. I have had mine 3 years in my Tesla and not one issue.

Samsung T5 Portable SSD - 500GB - USB 3.1 External SSD (MU-PA500B)​