Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I were looking at the Q4 e-tron. Once we built it up to match the Model Y though (seats with memory settings, cameras all around) it actually cost more. Granted, we preferred the HUD on the windshield and interior comfort; but the lack of super charger network, shorter range, less cargo space, and rear drum brakes just added up to not be a fair trade for our interests (not to mention the significantly longer wait at the moment). Great car though still.
Did this as well. The cargo space in the Q4 is a joke; we actually found the model 3 to be better….luckily the Y was released for sale just before we hit the model 3 order button though :0).

Attachments

• D26C70CB-B5AA-4FDC-8AB9-4B06C93FEAF0.jpeg
    D26C70CB-B5AA-4FDC-8AB9-4B06C93FEAF0.jpeg
    640.6 KB · Views: 60
  • C65699D3-1AF1-429A-A223-CF711CFE3B61.jpeg
    C65699D3-1AF1-429A-A223-CF711CFE3B61.jpeg
    482.2 KB · Views: 40
  • B3FA2A33-2722-492F-BC00-D8F57561BF05.jpeg
    B3FA2A33-2722-492F-BC00-D8F57561BF05.jpeg
    550.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 7D728E49-DDB3-4443-AB1C-6BEA71667E58.jpeg
    7D728E49-DDB3-4443-AB1C-6BEA71667E58.jpeg
    439.1 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: RGZoro
Did this as well. The cargo space in the Q4 is a joke; we actually found the model 3 to be better….luckily the Y was released for sale just before we hit the model 3 order button though :0).
i tested a Q4 and didn’t even bother trying to get a buggy in the boot. For such a big car the space is pathetic and no fronk either. I tried the lowest power version and it was pretty uninspiring.

Who knows eh. See you there!
I’m more worried about what sort of handover we will get, then food and drinks 😂 I assume they would still do the pre delivery inspection, and we get the opportunity to check for damage etc.

Parcel shelf will be a bonus, but not deal breaker - more annoying is the USB and wireless charging potentially missing.

I did notice that there is a Teslas normal delivery place in Bristol now (different postcode than Cribs, which was a really good location as it’s next to the motorway!)

Europe are getting MYP this quarter, coming from China but the UK one seems to be TBC at this moment and the rumour is it will be made in Germany - so it will have to wait for that factory to start up.

I don't see how the lease company got an estimated delivery date of March, unless they are confused with the LR.
It’s not a rumour though is it? Few people on this forum have spoken to Tesla and have been told YP is coming to uk from Berlin. That’s the current plan. Of course it may change if Berlin production is delayed.

There is a huge backlog of YP orders for Europe for Y’s produced in Berlin. Particularly orders from Germany

I’m more worried about what sort of handover we will get, then food and drinks 😂 I assume they would still do the pre delivery inspection, and we get the opportunity to check for damage etc.

Parcel shelf will be a bonus, but not deal breaker - more annoying is the USB and wireless charging potentially missing.

I did notice that there is a Teslas normal delivery place in Bristol now (different postcode than Cribs, which was a really good location as it’s next to the motorway!)
I thought USB and wireless charging potentially missing was a M3 issue - is this possibly the case on MY??

Seems from earlier posts, I few people have had VIN's assigned today. My VIN was assigned this morning and I now have an estimate delivery of 02 Mar - 16 March displayed in the account page (Bluewater collection). I ordered on 02 Dec white on white with gemini's
This is so frustrating. I ordered 12mins after MY went on sale in UK in October. Refused the pickup from Southampton and now don’t even have a VIN in the source code let alone an estimated delivery date which I had pre-Southampton text. Now I see people who have ordered months after me getting delivery notification for my originally selected pickup point in Bluewater. Clearly Tesla have binned people who didn’t fancy a 5hr round trip to pick up their £60k car to the back of the queue!

This is so frustrating. I ordered 12mins after MY went on sale in UK in October. Refused the pickup from Southampton and now don’t even have a VIN in the source code let alone an estimated delivery date which I had pre-Southampton text. Now I see people who have ordered months after me getting delivery notification for my originally selected pickup point in Bluewater. Clearly Tesla have binned people who didn’t fancy a 5hr round trip to pick up their £60k car to the back of the queue!
Out of curiosity, what colour and combo did you choose? Red/black/20's appear to be short of supply at the moment.

We’re the same. Ordered a few days after launch in Oct but turned down 19 Feb delivery. And now have nothing on the account. Blue/black/inductions.
Spoke to Tesla after our Guildford test drive yesterday, and they said two ships coming in very close together, so for anyone without an allocated car, they should expect to get one within a week or so 🤞🏼

Reactions: Stuart1979
Exactly the same for me!

“Tesla Update - Your delivery is on the horizon. Only 14 days to go until you become one of the first Model Y owners in the UK at Southampton Horizon Cruise Terminal on 19th February, more details about the day coming soon”
Counting down the days!😁

Reactions: Brian50
We’re the same. Ordered a few days after launch in Oct but turned down 19 Feb delivery. And now have nothing on the account. Blue/black/inductions.
Spoke to Tesla after our Guildford test drive yesterday, and they said two ships coming in very close together, so for anyone without an allocated car, they should expect to get one within a week or so 🤞🏼
Same here. Ordered within 15mins of launch - before the email! Also blue/black/induction, although I did change my mind a couple of times…
I don’t mind though, as I’ve already told them I want a ‘22 plate.

I thought USB and wireless charging potentially missing was a M3 issue - is this possibly the case on MY??
I think both usb and wireless was confirmed for our model Ys?

Also I just got this.

Tesla Update - Only 10 days until you become one of the first Model Y owners in the UK. Get ready to take off at Aerospace Bristol on 15th February, more details about the day coming soon.