Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
God we just all need to get our Ys delivered so we can stop obsessing over this thread :) I know it will improve my productivity significantly!
What happens to this thread when they are delivered? New thread model Y gripes and moans....
Parcel shelf drama ✅

"What is acoustic glass" drama ✅

Can we get some initial impressions on the important stuff please folks?!

Someone must have driven theirs by now, what's the sound system like, have you got AMD or Intel, how is the ride quality compared to the demo cars, what's your paint finish like, are you in love with it?!
Keep driving or play with my mobile? Difficult choice.
Oh dear, I was only behaving because I thought @Pandinium and @tomahhunt were better than me ;)

As a huge Tesla fan and $TSLA fan I am fearful of a cocktail stick buffet, but hoping for complimentary tow bars ready-fitted due to all that swag….pleeeeeease don’t let us down Tesla!

BTW, Austin has just shipped the first MY’s with 4680’s and front castings today, but I’m not prepared to wait a 4th year for for my MY 😊
The speed Tesla moves at, there is always a reason to never take delivery, that is why today’s car is as good as it is, good luck everyone👍

View attachment 769047
Just wait for the 5820 battery

So on a normal day , what is the timeline we are looking at ? An hour in total to collect the vehicle and be out of there ? I am also doing a trade in so I am assuming add another hour for that at the very most ? Jut weary of the fact that I am collecting on a working day and taking missus along who is also working. She would not be happy if I take most of her work day. While me on the other hand would not care lesser about my work. 🙃

• Funny
Reactions: ukmy
Heated wipers. How does that work, if the screen is snow/frost covered surely you would use a scraper or if you had preheated the car before you drove then you wouldn't have needed to have your wipers heated. Just a spanner for the thread.
Aha - having not seen this in the flesh so can't verify this but "Despite the name, it is not the wipers themselves that are heated, but rather the area of the windshield where the wipers sit when not active, meaning no retrofit for existing owners."

Aha - having not seen this in the flesh so can't verify this but "Despite the name, it is not the wipers themselves that are heated, but rather the area of the windshield where the wipers sit when not active, meaning no retrofit for existing owners."
I have had heated wiper park in various Subarus over the years. It did two things. Sped up windscreen defrost as the heat conducted upwards and secondly stopped the wipers freezing to windscreen. For most owners in the UK the former is most useful when you can't or haven't preconditioned the cabin to defrost the screen for what ever reason.

What about premium connectivity options ? I read its 9.99 per month. How does that work out ? Do they tie up with a carrier or its their own network ? How much data is included in it ?
It uses one of the mobile networks. There's no set limit, but there's a fair usage policy, so don't plan on living in the car watching Netflix for 12hrs per day.

The £9.99 includes a (car only) spotify premium account, which was enough for me to cancel my own spotify, as I only listen to it in the car..

What about premium connectivity options ? I read its 9.99 per month. How does that work out ? Do they tie up with a carrier or its their own network ? How much data is included in it ?

They charge you on the same card that they charge you for supercharging.

they have a SIM card in the car which they use for notifications of updates and sending destinations to it from your phone/google maps etc).

Data is unlimited as far as I know but you cant use it as a hotspot and bitrates for things like spotify may be lower than if you use your phone and stream over bluetooth.

Hi Everyone,

I'm picking mine up on the 25th in Manchester. Can't wait.🤩 Can anyone recommend an insurance company? I'm with AXA but they don't currently recognise the Model Y.

Cheers. Tim
Going via the comparison website confused.com worked cheapest for me with Admiral insurance. Many insurers are still not recognising the Model Y even with collections starting today!

Reactions: rnbetsy
It uses one of the mobile networks. There's no set limit, but there's a fair usage policy, so don't plan on living in the car watching Netflix for 12hrs per day.

The £9.99 includes a (car only) spotify premium account, which was enough for me to cancel my own spotify, as I only listen to it in the car..
Wow! I did not know it included spotify premium. Good to have that. I would have loved apple music as I already have the sub. But that is a touchy topic I am assuming.

Reactions: sircoynie
Just received a courtesy call from a friendly chap at Tesla for pickup on 19th at Southampton. He doesn't know much about special event other than saying a lot of resources went into planning the event and they weren't told what it is. And he said, they won't do personalised number plate assignment that day so no point in taking V750 document as it will most likely be blown away in strong wind. Asked to be there 30 mins prior to the collection time. Anyone else received their call as well?

Re, VIN searching in source code. can anyone tell me the variable name that the VIN equals. It would save having to search on 7SA, 5YJ and LRW. i.e. vin_number = 7SAxxxxxxxxxxxxx for example (hypothetically), with 'vin_number' being the variable name.

Going via the comparison website confused.com worked cheapest for me with Admiral insurance. Many insurers are still not recognising the Model Y even with collections starting today!
Did you manage to buy the policy with Admiral? I also had the cheapest (by a margin of just £15 though) from them on the comparison website and was not allowed to buy online and asked me to call them. When I called them, the agent said they can not insure unless the reg number is registered with DVLA. I told them that Tesla doesn't work like that and that I know people who have insured before the reg is registered with DVLA. But that also did not help. She just said she can't do that and that I had to call them on the delivery day and they will do the needful. I said thank you very much and went ahead with Direct Line (for £15 more). I had to call them as well (did not allow online buying because of no dvla look up), but it was straightforward. They knew how Tesla works and I had my policy in a few minutes.