Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m one of the new malden lot. Just requested delivery as picking up from bluewater may now be tricky for me. FYI told it could be between a day earlier or 6 days after my current pickup date. Just waiting for them to confirm tomorrow.

Maybe they should just hire a car trailer for all of ours….!
Just seen a grey with 19" geminis in Motspur Park. Gonna be alot in the area

Has anyone noticed, that the model 3 long range with paint up grade, 19 alloys and EAP is a few hundred less than a model Y with the same spec
Not sure what you mean. At base LR spec the two are the same price at the moment due to the recent price rise of the M3. Adding 19” wheels will make the M3 more expensive. Colour, interior options and EAP are the same price on the M3 and MY.

Reactions: VX Foxy
My lease Model Y was delivered on Friday and it is an absolute beauty. A few things that I’d have liked to have known beforehand to know what to expect:

Car comes on a trailer.
Delivery could be tracked (at least with my lease company).
The delivery driver literally unloads and then clears off, no messing around.
App activated within 4/5 hours of signing delivery acceptance document online.
Premium online extras activated when the app did, I assume the account activation on app triggered the car options when I set up the key.
Car comes with all of the upgrades being discussed, the only missing feature i’ve noticed is the ability to play Sonic. This is due to the USB ports being power only I believe, but may be resolvable in the future.

Initial impressions:

Fit and finish is superb, easily on a par with Audi.
Tyre pressures were bang on.
It’s bigger than I expected, but in a good way. Feels a real presence on the road.
There is an insane amount of space in it.
Cabin lovely and quiet, it’s a very peaceful car to drive except when you floor it and Jesus!!!! The acceleration is ridiculous. Chill mode for me 😅
The touch screen interface is incredible and
kids absolutely love the arcade and toy box. The whoopee cushion in particular is brilliant fun. Not MY specific I know, but still cool.

Out of all the cars I’ve owned, I’ve never been more excited to drive somewhere. It’s so refreshing almost learning how to drive again from scratch; the single touchscreen interface, the single pedal driving, it’s just amazing. Looking forward to many miles of fun with this car.

I changed to a home delivery as too much hassle to be stuck in an uber for 1-2hrs traversing london to kent on a busy saturday. Tesla now delivering to me on thursday. apparently no downside as Blue Water is not an actual service centre so if there was problem with the car you'd still have to book it in to a service centre on the app. that was my main concern about home delivery. As I have had several Teslas already I wont need any help/guidance on the day with set up, but totally understand those who are new to the brand wanting tesla people on site to explain things. one thing that concerns me is how Tesla has chosen to 'valet' cars hit by the sandstorm, given their track record on prepping cars....
yeah, I got to witness their 'valet' crew - absolutely horrendous - they were just rubbish the dirt into the paint work, no water, no soap, no bucket in sight - just a little pesky spray bottle and tissue papers were used. I just couldn't believe it - worst possible move by Tesla.
There was plenty of space in there for them to install a car wash like setup but the staff were clueless (but very friendly though) - show there must be run by a poor manager(s) I guess !!!

She rides! And what a beautiful sunny day for a new car! Somehow the AnyVan and BCA guy taking my old lease car away arrived at exactly the same time (8:30am)! AnyVan guy was great - happy to talk through the cars features but I don't do handovers so he was free to continue to spread the joy of Tesla deliveries!

BCA guy STILL inspecting on my driveway so haven't been out to play with my new car. Don't like an audience 😜

Noticed one gap near boot hatch but all in all looks pretty good to me. Nothing that can't be fixed with a service appointment.

Way bigger than I expected - which I am happy about!!

Reactions: Helguson17 and MrT3
yeah, I got to witness their 'valet' crew - absolutely horrendous - they were just rubbish the dirt into the paint work, no water, no soap, no bucket in sight - just a little pesky spray bottle and tissue papers were used. I just couldn't believe it - worst possible move by Tesla.
There was plenty of space in there for them to install a car wash like setup but the staff were clueless (but very friendly though) - show there must be run by a poor manager(s) I guess !!!
Paper towels! They don’t even use microfibre cloths!!

Pick up tomorrow - Bristol Hub at 4pm I’m coming from Cardiff via train and Uber, is the slot set in stone or could you get there 30 mins early and start the ball rolling so to speak?
I picked up from Bristol and got there about an hour early. The car was doing an update when I arrived so they couldn't complete the handover until that finished but they let me look around it, check whatever I wanted and then did the tablet thing once the update had finished. Sure you'll be fine getting there a little early as well.

I picked up from Bristol and got there about an hour early. The car was doing an update when I arrived so they couldn't complete the handover until that finished but they let me look around it, check whatever I wanted and then did the tablet thing once the update had finished. Sure you'll be fine getting there a little early as well.
Perfect - appreciate the response good to know

Reactions: blert

When I picked up my M3 in 2019 Bristol wasn’t an option so I had to get a train up to Birmingham. Everyone turned up early it seemed, such was the excitement of getting a new Tesla.

Looking forward to a Bristol pick up for the MY when it arrives. Much less hassle.

Reactions: blert
Anyone had any issues with number plates? Finally went for a shakedown cruise after delivery and heard a horrid banging from rear at around 65-70mph - sounded like a panel or something was going to come off. Looking at the car it seems my rear plates are held together with hope!

Still waiting for the App to recognise my existence so I can report this and other small issue!

Anyone got an amber service warning upon delivery telling them 7:00am Southhpampton on the screen? No matter what I do it won't go away?

Apart from that it's a nice drive!

Anyone had any issues with number plates? Finally went for a shakedown cruise after delivery and heard a horrid banging from rear at around 65-70mph - sounded like a panel or something was going to come off. Looking at the car it seems my rear plates are held together with hope!

Still waiting for the App to recognise my existence so I can report this and other small issue!

Anyone got an amber service warning upon delivery telling them 7:00am Southhpampton on the screen? No matter what I do it won't go away?

Apart from that it's a nice drive!
The Tesla number plate holders are crap, best to remove them and either screw or stick the plate straight to the car.