Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I receieved my trade in offer today, and that has also changed my estimated delivery date to May 09 - May 23! 😆
When did you order yours? I've had my RN so far and a message from my local Tesla dealer saying they had my order and would keep me updated.

As an aside, I've gone the leasing route this time and have picked the induction wheels but can't help but feel I miss out on future residuals in a way you wouldn't with a PCP or outright purchase. This is the first time I've leased and I'm wondering whether I should just stick with the Geminis?

When did you order yours? I've had my RN so far and a message from my local Tesla dealer saying they had my order and would keep me updated.

As an aside, I've gone the leasing route this time and have picked the induction wheels but can't help but feel I miss out on future residuals in a way you wouldn't with a PCP or outright purchase. This is the first time I've leased and I'm wondering whether I should just stick with the Geminis?
I ordered 8th March

I considered lease and PCP, but Tesla loan just made a lot more financial sense, especially as with this trade in offer I will have only paid £1700 for 8 months use of the car. Also, only the 4 year lease made sense, and I did not want to be stuck in the same car for 4 years with no way out.

With the Tesla loan, if I did keep the same car for 4 years I'd have a huge chunk of equity in it, rather than just handing the car back to the lease company, and then having to find another chunk of money as the deposit for my next car.

I ordered 6th March and collected yesterday.

She was grubby to the bone from her long journey. All washed and applied Meguiars Ultimate Wax. Not bothered putting Rimextrix Covers on yet as I'm going to hydrodip them a dark satin grey colour. To be honest the Gemini's dont look as awful in person. Went to pick up my kid from Nursery and tested boombox 'I am your father' - she loves it! So much space in the back

Ride is actually smoother than the 530e I handed back this morning. Accessories all added, Tescamp bed stored in the frunk - half tempted to sleep on the drive tonight! Those Amazon £140 matts arrived today as well. Think I will be sending them back and I felt mugged off when I opened the box!

Still waiting for the App :S
mybaby.jpg

Reactions: Y the wait
She was grubby to the bone from her long journey. All washed and applied Meguiars Ultimate Wax. Not bothered putting Rimextrix Covers on yet as I'm going to hydrodip them a dark satin grey colour. To be honest the Gemini's dont look as awful in person. Went to pick up my kid from Nursery and tested boombox 'I am your father' - she loves it! So much space in the back

Ride is actually smoother than the 530e I handed back this morning. Accessories all added, Tescamp bed stored in the frunk - half tempted to sleep on the drive tonight! Those Amazon £140 matts arrived today as well. Think I will be sending them back and I felt mugged off when I opened the box!

View attachment 783934
What was wrong with the amazon mats?

Last edited:

View attachment 783934
Looking at yours I'm tempted to save myself £50pm on the lease cost and drop the inductions!

What was wrong with the amazon mats?
There is nothing wrong with them... if they were priced at £70. For £140 I took them out of the box, put some chairs over them to flatten them out and immediately felt like someone just robbed me... I didn't even feel that way over the Rimextrix!

To be honest, I didn't expected my car to not come with mats, its hit and miss with leases, so was happy to find them in there. So that £140 can go towards an AUTOID lip spoiler when they release one for the Y.

There is nothing wrong with them... if they were priced at £70. For £140 I took them out of the box, put some chairs over them to flatten them out and immediately felt like someone just robbed me... I didn't even feel that way over the Rimextrix!

To be honest, I didn't expected my car to not come with mats, its hit and miss with leases, so was happy to find them in there. So that £140 can go towards an AUTOID lip spoiler when they release one for the Y.
Yeah £140 is a lot for mats. I’ll get them from AliExpress as I need waterproof mats in winter for my job and dog walking