Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
when Tesla roughly ask for the final payment before collection?

Theoretically they require payment 7 days before collection. I've paid them at 15:00 for a collection at 09:00 the following day (took a while to get them to get the invoice right ...)

If you are paying cash you may find that your bank will only let you transfer tuppence-ha'penny each day ... if so be prepared to make payments daily over a period of time (and make sure you start soon enough). Some people make an initial tiny payment, wait to see it show up on My Tesla, and then make bigger payments.

I assume they ask before (couple of weeks before) you book a delivery slot

They'll give you a collection slot ! (If they are delivering to your door then that's a different story)

turn up on the day with evidence of it already paid

If you account is showing as "paid" then they won't ask for proof of payment (although prudent to have it with you). If your account hasn't progressed to "Paid" it would be better to make sure that Delivery-GB are involved, and provide them with payment-proof (they may ask from more/different proof), and then they will both a) tell you its fine and b) update your account so that delivery people will just hand you the keys (your account may not show as PAID in that situation)

Reactions: busterboy
Theoretically they require payment 7 days before collection. I've paid them at 15:00 for a collection at 09:00 the following day (took a while to get them to get the invoice right ...)

If you are paying cash you may find that your bank will only let you transfer tuppence-ha'penny each day ... if so be prepared to make payments daily over a period of time (and make sure you start soon enough). Some people make an initial tiny payment, wait to see it show up on My Tesla, and then make bigger payments.

They'll give you a collection slot ! (If they are delivering to your door then that's a different story)

If you account is showing as "paid" then they won't ask for proof of payment (although prudent to have it with you). If your account hasn't progressed to "Paid" it would be better to make sure that Delivery-GB are involved, and provide them with payment-proof (they may ask from more/different proof), and then they will both a) tell you its fine and b) update your account so that delivery people will just hand you the keys (your account may not show as PAID in that situation)

Many thanks for all of this, cleared a few things up.

I’ve got collection at the NEC rather than delivery, currently date is still end of June and hasn’t shifted, but reading what others have been through I’m expecting a delay

Still EDD the same

Attachments

• 7467600C-85CF-49D4-AE50-3EBE7A3CB005.jpeg
    7467600C-85CF-49D4-AE50-3EBE7A3CB005.jpeg
    268.5 KB · Views: 86
  • A7B94C7E-CA58-4F3B-B38A-2B36D2677353.jpeg
    A7B94C7E-CA58-4F3B-B38A-2B36D2677353.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 52
So my EDD has not changed for 3 weeks, Estimated Delivery: June 05 - June 30. So not sue what to think now with everyone else's changing regularly. My first order at the beginning of April was cancelled as Tesla never claimed my payment, even though it was authorised by my bank. No I am wondering if my EDD will be updated as it has been static from al,ost the start. Silver MYLR 19" black interior ordered middle of April. :rolleyes:

Giga Shanghai is coming back with a vengeance. So, I think notwithstanding new issues that arise, I think we will see record output per week from Giga Shanghai this quarter, albeit we are missing a couple of weeks,” Musk said.