Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yeah i got that in the end, maybe past my bed time, just thought somone may be interested as a red one appeared today momentarily aswell.
There have been a few new model Ys offered by private and dealer sellers who probably bought them to resell and seem to have done so at a nice premium to buyers who can't wait any longer.

I was tempted for a moment.

So, us leasers who have just been told our delivery date is “TBC”, is it feasible the lease company has been advised a delivery window like those who’ve ordered direct, but they are telling us the customer TBC because that’s just what it is?
I also wonder if direct Tesla orders are prioritised over lease company orders? as we have no EDD. we would never know lol

Reactions: Markee68
Got to say the wheels underneath the Gemini caps look good. Think they would look great sprayed black as well. Any thoughts ?

Attachments

• DE612FDF-547F-42C7-A011-E3880A84F517.jpeg
    DE612FDF-547F-42C7-A011-E3880A84F517.jpeg
    237.7 KB · Views: 59
Got to say the wheels underneath the Gemini caps look good. Think they would look great sprayed black as well. Any thoughts ?
Completely agree, as i had a similar idea, although the Rep told me it would reduce efficiency by 5%, no idea how truthfull this is though.

There must be some truth in the efficiency stat, you wouldn’t put those ugly 90’s hubcaps over decent alloys for no reason.

If I’d know about removal I may have gone for Geminis. Will cling to the notion that inductions are more efficient than uncovered Geminis for comfort, but it’s quite a premium being suffered for the privilege! 😂

Are they the Y LR naked Geminis?

They don't look too bad at all. Could be brighter though:).

I think I must be the only person on the planet who can't abide the, oh so fashionable, black wheels. I would like the bright shiny Model 3 sport wheels design for the model Y. They go so well with the red cars in the Tesla publicity videos.

It would be a dull world (at least for creatives and marketeers) if we all wanted the same look for everything.

....now where is that Model T colour swatch?

Are they the Y LR naked Geminis?

They don't look too bad at all. Could be brighter though:).

I think I must be the only person on the planet who can't abide the, oh so fashionable, black wheels. I would like the bright shiny Model 3 sport wheels design for the model Y. They go so well with the red cars in the Tesla publicity videos.

It would be a dull world (at least for creatives and marketeers) if we all wanted the same look for everything.

....now where is that Model T colour swatch?
These are the wheels you get if you choose the Gemini option. I agree black wheels aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, however I think the car looks so much better with the induction wheels. I have them on my Model 3 performance and they damage so easily as the Pirelli’s give them zero protection. Hence why I’m looking at different options

Reactions: Wattsisname
These are the wheels you get if you choose the Gemini option. I agree black wheels aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, however I think the car looks so much better with the induction wheels. I have them on my Model 3 performance and they damage so easily as the Pirelli’s give them zero protection. Hence why I’m looking at different options
Has anyone experience of the rim protectors? I have seen them as both ready made to fit on and also as a coil of plastic which has to be cut to size.

I will probably have them uncovered around town and covered for road trips.

Ooops! just realised we have hijacked the thread subject!

so.... I am expecting my Gemini wheels between 28 May and 25 June. I am hoping they will come with a Red/white vehicle attached. They were ordered on 2nd March. There!😅

Reactions: Sunderland boy
Had a model 3 order since Feb, test drove Y today with Mrs, she says Y is better for us, now ordered! I really like Pearl white with inductions, lease company have loads on block order for June so here I come Y delivery thread
Haha we had the exact same experience only last week! What were your thoughts on the Y?

We went for Blue with Inductions, think that’s such a juicy combo. White with black is nice too!

Haha we had the exact same experience only last week! What were your thoughts on the Y?

We went for Blue with Inductions, think that’s such a juicy combo. White with black is nice too!
I liked it, so much room and I couldn’t tell the difference in performance from the dual motor 3. I had a RWD on order so the Y was faster anyway.

I liked the red we drove but it’s such an expensive option