Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw the same today too and spoke to Tusker who say they dont order in bulk and only order based on individual spec/order on a single car basis. So are these all cars that people ordered on the sal sac scheme and then either dont want them or perhaps have left the company before taking delivery?
Without wanting to extend the lease discussions further but ……..
Tusker like other Lease CO’s do offer bespoke individual orders to scheme participants but also offer ‘cars in stock’. The latter has been more advantageous recently to scheme participants because they have been pre-ordered with consequent shorter delivery times across some brands. Hence explaining in part why some Tesla customers seem to have been appearing to queue jump over others with the same spec when ‘ordering’ at the same time as others, but actually for a pre-ordered car.
Seems like Tusker sales agents also tell part truths as the 175 Tesla MY ‘cars in stock’ I suspect are genuine pre-booked orders to allow Tusker customers to at least appear to limit delivery wait times. I’ll check how long an individual MY order is, but I suspect it will be longer than the ‘in stock’ order for the same generic colour/interior/wheel combination.
Lease CO’s and other such purchasers in my experience also seem to avoid white interiors, lower volume colours and high spec wheels. Given what we know of manufacturing batching and Mr M’s suspicion that there may be a Hertz order in the mix in Q2 it might explain why MSM, Red, White interiors and Induction wheel orders appear to be less fulfilled than more generic orders. Supply chains and the factory paint shops would have been geared up for the other specs.
It also seems to me (and probably obvious to others) that the reason for the no knob dashboard and the fancy controls is not only to wow customers but also to allow RHD/LHD to be switched pretty quickly on the production line. I wonder what the real differences in parts/supply are between a RHD and a LHD Tesla? I suspect a lot of it is generic parts and software changes. Hence able to switch quickly - RHD and LHD seem to have been produced seamlessly from the production line and single shift system in Q2 after all.

Reactions: Wattsisname
Tusker like other Lease CO’s do offer bespoke individual orders to scheme participants but also offer ‘cars in stock’. The latter has been more advantageous recently to scheme participants because they have been pre-ordered with consequent shorter delivery times across some brands. Hence explaining in part why some Tesla customers seem to have been appearing to queue jump over others with the same spec when ‘ordering’ at the same time as others, but actually for a pre-ordered car.
Seems like Tusker sales agents also tell part truths as the 175 Tesla MY ‘cars in stock’ I suspect are genuine pre-booked orders to allow Tusker customers to at least appear to limit delivery wait times. I’ll check how long an individual MY order is, but I suspect it will be longer than the ‘in stock’ order for the same generic colour/interior/wheel combination.
Lease CO’s and other such purchasers in my experience also seem to avoid white interiors, lower volume colours and high spec wheels. Given what we know of manufacturing batching and Mr M’s suspicion that there may be a Hertz order in the mix in Q2 it might explain why MSM, Red, White interiors and Induction wheel orders appear to be less fulfilled than more generic orders. Supply chains and the factory paint shops would have been geared up for the other specs.
It also seems to me (and probably obvious to others) that the reason for the no knob dashboard and the fancy controls is not only to wow customers but also to allow RHD/LHD to be switched pretty quickly on the production line. I wonder what the real differences in parts/supply are between a RHD and a LHD Tesla? I suspect a lot of it is generic parts and software changes. Hence able to switch quickly - RHD and LHD seem to have been produced seamlessly from the production line and single shift system in Q2 after all.
🤔So, pay more and wait longer.

This is a joke. It's 1 june and it still shows me an estimated delivery date of may 2022. But tesla's system is a joke
43E0F3F0-3AE7-4D64-BBBF-D99FD0378F4E.jpeg

Reactions: maigrait
If it’s any consolation, you’re not alone. Exactly the same boat as me and can only imagine several others.
Yep same here even though placed order in February. They said it's a glitch in the system however only small chance of getting allocated a car on forthcoming shipment. But could get allocated if there's any cancellations.

business purchase direct, finance approved just balance of deposit to pay and yet the wait goes on..

Instead of beeping the horn, you can press the camera icon on the screen to save any footage instead, which doesn't draw unnecessary attention to you or aggravate the situation to a nearby aggressive driver who now thinks you are lambasting his(her) actions.

I prefer Camera Icon than Beep Horn because the capture point is that instant, and preceding period. So better to let whatever is happening conclude, then press button, to capture a decent period of time up to that point.

The point at which Horn is beeped will not capture anything that happens after that ...

,... although using both might be worthwhile ... I very rarely beep the horn, and if I did then maybe I might want the footage.

I had a lorry chuck up a stone which then hit the windscreen ... it was a few hundred yards before I pressed the camera icon ... going through frame-by-frame to try to find the flying stone took a lot of time ... so maybe horn would help in that sort of "Need the NOW video" ...

P.S. Insurance company then said they weren't interested in the vehicles Reg Plate anyway ...

I prefer Camera Icon than Beep Horn because the capture point is that instant, and preceding period. So better to let whatever is happening conclude, then press button, to capture a decent period of time up to that point.

The point at which Horn is beeped will not capture anything that happens after that ...

,... although using both might be worthwhile ... I very rarely beep the horn, and if I did then maybe I might want the footage.

I had a lorry chuck up a stone which then hit the windscreen ... it was a few hundred yards before I pressed the camera icon ... going through frame-by-frame to try to find the flying stone took a lot of time ... so maybe horn would help in that sort of "Need the NOW video" ...

P.S. Insurance company then said they weren't interested in the vehicles Reg Plate anyway ...
This is very helpful. I had not realised that the horn/camera icon stops recording; I imagined that having saved a ten minute package it would continue to roll and provide another ten minute package if so prompted by horn/camera🙄.
Clearly, unrealistic expectation on my part. So, on with the dash cam which I may also leave running during short shopping stops to support Sentry Mode.

Now then... where can I fix the dash cam bracket without spoiling the uncluttered lines of the dash...
maybe hang it in the centre of the roof behind the front seats as per the YouTubers.

Thats right. There is no need to stop or re-tool the production line at all. Both LHD and RHD can be made at the same time all mixed in together. Same for different colours. Assuming the production line was designed post 1950. 😂

Surprisingly, I notice there is a small cut out on the dash under the steering wheel, so the LHD and RHD dash is slightly different (bad design for manufacture there) !
- but this seems to be the only difference !

This is very helpful. I had not realised that the horn/camera icon stops recording; I imagined that having saved a ten minute package it would continue to roll and provide another ten minute package if so prompted by horn/camera🙄.
Clearly, unrealistic expectation on my part. So, on with the dash cam which I may also leave running during short shopping stops to support Sentry Mode.

Now then... where can I fix the dash cam bracket without spoiling the uncluttered lines of the dash...
maybe hang it in the centre of the roof behind the front seats as per the YouTubers.
Im not sure the recording "stops". You just seem to get a red marker, where the incident happened. I'll have a play with it today !

Reactions: Wattsisname
Both LHD and RHD can be made at the same time all mixed in together. Same for different colours. Assuming the production line was designed post 1950

Can be, but Tesla doesn't, and Tesla have far fewer hours-per-car than other brands - such that boss of VW aspires to reducing to that level

Only downside that I can see is that Tesla have very few options, and the allocation of EDD is rubbish (from punter's viewpoint). But Tesla could improve that (e.g. assign EDD when the car rolls off the production line), but for whatever reason haven't - yet - (e.g. not enough software development priority to fix that yet)