Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exact same spec as you and my order went through 4 days later. I did the same and chose white with the 20s because it was estimating a May delivery. I thought even if there's a delay of a month that'll be fine, August / September isn't great though, especially when people that have ordered weeks later are collecting in a weeks or two. I've also got no car currently so I'm spending hundreds per month putting fuel in a VW Transporter!
Exactly the same as me, I ordered 22nd, before you both and have only just got an updated EDD this morning of Q3 July to September, gutted

Got an unexpected call from Tesla just now saying it’s just “a customary check-in to make sure you are ready for the delivery in the coming week and any questions around it” - whoever said Tesla has poor customer support/experience team has been proven wrong in our case!

The support agent I spoke with went over and beyond to follow through my query with their manager and called me back the second time in 10 minutes with further clarification. To be honest, I am really pleasantly surprised as what Tesla managed to do here didn’t happen with 3 of our previous brand new BMW’s bought from park lane in London (we never got a single call from our sales exec or anyone else until delivery day).

The support agent tracked our VIN down and could see the car landing in Southampton on the 20th and then being booked on transit 22nd overnight to London bluewater for our collection on 24th confirming they can likely do a delivery on 23rd if that helps (I was trying to get the delivery sooner as our baby arrives any day now and don’t want to left without a car for long as the trade in is going back early next week). We also discussed how I thought the car will be on RCC Europe that docked at Southampton yesterday and the agent laughed it off saying exactly why I shouldn’t trust what people say on any forums. This does highlight that there’s likely more cars that are not on RCC Europe? those waiting for their d-day text, there’s likely light at the end of the tunnel?

Last edited:
Reactions: Daedalus
whoever said Tesla has poor customer support/experience team has been proven wrong in our case!
In your case perhaps. I think they‘re poor. On one part of the website it says to pay balance 48 hours before collecting car, elsewhere it says 7 days. At the bottom of the invoice it says to quote the invoice number on the bank transfer yet it quotes the RN number - not the invoice number.

Got an unexpected call from Tesla just now saying it’s just “a customary check-in to make sure you are ready for the delivery in the coming week and any questions around it” - whoever said Tesla has poor customer support/experience team has been proven wrong in our case!

The support agent I spoke with went over and beyond to follow through my query with their manager and called me back the second time in 10 minutes with further clarification. To be honest, I am really pleasantly surprised as what Tesla managed to do here didn’t happen with 3 of our previous brand new BMW’s bought from park lane in London (we never got a single call from our sales exec or anyone else until delivery day).

The support agent tracked our VIN down and could see the car landing in Southampton on the 20th and then being booked on transit 22nd overnight to London bluewater for our collection on 24th confirming they can likely do a delivery on 23rd if that helps (I was trying to get the delivery sooner as our baby arrives any day now and don’t want to left without a car for long as the trade in is going back early next week). We also discussed how I thought the car will be on RCC Europe that docked at Southampton yesterday and the agent laughed it off saying exactly why I shouldn’t trust what people say on any forums. This does highlight that there’s likely more cars that are not on RCC Europe? those waiting for their d-day text, there’s likely light at the end of the tunnel?
Interesting though I very much doubt there are unallocated UK cars on any Q2 boat. What’s your VIN?

Also, I don’t think there are any known ships landing in Southampton on the 20th June; RCC EUROPE has already landed and MORNING PEACE I think arrives on 28/29th.

If there is transit from Southampton on the 22nd I think that tells you your vehicle is mostly likely on RCC EUROPE.

Last edited:
So RCC Europe arrived early Friday morning.

Just wondering which lucky person here is going to take delivery of a new Model Y first, and tell us all what’s on it and what’s not! 😁

I’m due to collect mine in Manchester on the 30th. Still not sure if my car was on RCC Europe or is coming on Morning Peace. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: Toblerone
Tesla Update - Your Model Y is scheduled for 06/24/2022 at 16:00 from Tesla Glasgow 20 Kennedy Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G4 0EB. Please ensure to bring a valid Driving Licence with you on the day. Handovers will be conducted in a low touch manner so please familiarise yourself with the features of your Model Y in advance by watching our introduction videos online at www.tesla.com/support/meet-your-tesla?redirect=no. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.
Yep, watched every video....more than once..🤣

Just wondering which lucky person here is going to take delivery of a new Model Y first, and tell us all what’s on it and what’s not! 😁

I’m due to collect mine in Manchester on the 30th. Still not sure if my car was on RCC Europe or is coming on Morning Peace. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yeah I'm interested in when the first Q2 MY's are being delivered / collected, I'm getting mine from Staines on the 25th but I'm sure there were some before that?

Reactions: Moorman
Yeah I'm interested in when the first Q2 MY's are being delivered / collected, I'm getting mine from Staines on the 25th but I'm sure there were some before that?
23rd was first appointment I was offered, so presumably there are collections happening then. I ended up having to collect on the 25th due to work pressures.

I collect mine at 10:30 this Friday, the first date and time I was offered at the end of May. As people have said, I think the earliest collections are 23rd.
Have a friend who works for a large car transporter company. They don’t have the contract with Tesla, he informs me BCA are the main contractors to move them from Southampton. He does know a few BCA drivers, and they are apparently not starting to move them until Monday.
If the parcel shelf lottery is not solved on Monday / Tuesday, I may take drive down to the Trafford centre on Tuesday or Wednesday to see if there are a few there by then in advance of deliveries.

Interesting though I very much doubt there are unallocated UK cars on any Q2 boat. What’s your VIN?

Also, I don’t think there are any known ships landing in Southampton on the 20th June; RCC EUROPE has already landed and MORNING PEACE I think arrives on 28/29th.

If there is transit from Southampton on the 22nd I think that tells you your vehicle is mostly likely on RCC EUROPE.
Glovis arrives Southampton on 19th?

I got a call too and I was told the car is still in trasit and has got 69% state of charge. I requested a "do not clean" note but he said I cannot gurantee but happy to leave a note on the account.

Reactions: over_the_reef