Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had a chat with Tesla over the phone and they confirmed all delivery of Model Y are coming with parcel shelf now. I am waiting for collection on 25/06/2022 from stains so should know on a day.
The UK ones do have them.

1655892288916.png

Estimated Delivery: September 05 - October 20 - ok it was June, but not now and we want to go on holiday and my wife doesn't fancy us all squeezing in the mini with a dog too, does anywhere hire Tesla's? Would be cool to drive across teh country and get a feel, in preperation of getting ours later in the year? Thanks thought it may be worth asking, thanks

Last edited:
Estimated Delivery: September 05 - October 20 - ok it was June, but not now and we want to go on holiday and my wife doesn't fancy us all squeezing in teh mini with a dog too, does anywhere hire Tesla's? Would be cool to drive across teh country and get a feel, in preperation of getting ours later in the year? Thanks thought it may be worth asking, thanks
I had considered on.to car subscription for same reason, but it’s very expensive and the excess is huge.

Estimated Delivery: September 05 - October 20 - ok it was June, but not now and we want to go on holiday and my wife doesn't fancy us all squeezing in teh mini with a dog too, does anywhere hire Tesla's? Would be cool to drive across teh country and get a feel, in preperation of getting ours later in the year? Thanks thought it may be worth asking, thanks
Turo have one or two. It's Airbnb for cars, not particularly cheap.

• Informative
Reactions: Utumno
Hertz, Avis all advertise Tesla hire, and there are independents like Volt-age also doing it. A lot depends on what's near to you, so it'll probably have to be something you search for yourself unfortunately.

I am not sure, its not my car. Sorry.
Honestly I think many, potentially most, people who have been clamouring for Tesla to supply a parcel shelf as standard with the Model Y will immediately remove it and complain it's not practical enough and Tesla should have done something else instead 😂

How "in the way" is it when trying to access the boot? Doesn't seem like the fold/push out of the way is the most practical design.
It is a bit cumbersome. Looks good when fully extended but if you Z-fold it back it doesn't seem to sit very well - might take a bit of time for fold to have a little less bounce-back but I think I'll be taking it out very soon the way it is going...

It is a bit cumbersome. Looks good when fully extended but if you Z-fold it back it doesn't seem to sit very well - might take a bit of time for fold to have a little less bounce-back but I think I'll be taking it out very soon the way it is going...
I'd be quite interested to know if it improves refinement at all? Depending on road surface, there can be a kind of boomy resonance from the boot area that I wondered whether a parcel shelf would improve.

I'd be quite interested to know if it improves refinement at all? Depending on road surface, there can be a kind of boomy resonance from the boot area that I wondered whether a parcel shelf would improve.
Near the "beginning" of this thread there was a lot of enthusiastic debate about this very subject (following the late 2021 'Parcel shelf-gate' period).

An automotive acoustics engineer from the industry chimed in with some valuable insights; IIRC he was saying that it wouldn't make any difference to low frequency noise (booming).

Everyone had more or less ordered all their essential and non-essential accessories and had home chargers installed and were a bit bored for a day or so... There then followed a long period of discussions about parcel shelf merits; ranging from being 100% essential to 0% essential.

I think the conclusions garnered back then was more or less along these lines:

1) If you have heavy duty (proper old school) rubber mats (not like the woke style, vegan ones of today) and covered the whole thing in shag carpet it might reduce some of the higher frequency noise.

2) The parcel shelf will be living in your shed anyway after a week or so, until you sell the car.

3) Security wise; You can't really see much due to the tinted windows, but if you press your nose on the small rear quarter panels you might be able to just see something in the daytime! And if you are worried about that, stick your stuff in the lower trunk of the frunk or remove it or let the sentry mode record the theft for possible later revenue on You-Tube. (non-optimal second option).

Hope thats informative 👍

The old and the new. For info the 3 averaged 3.7 miles/kWh over its lifetime of 16k miles.

Painless collection from ’Newcastle’. Only issues are some white residue on the black trim in the door aperture from whatever they clean it with, some smears on windscreen again from the cleaning product. The most bizarre thing was that the words ‘Trip A’ and ‘Trip B’ were in Chinese but easy enough to rename. Car showed 6 miles and cameras had all calibrated within 12 miles. Does seem a bit more refined that my 3 but mine was an early 3.

Attachments

• 95580D2B-E87E-426F-9239-680D3BBFFB78.jpeg
    95580D2B-E87E-426F-9239-680D3BBFFB78.jpeg
    539.2 KB · Views: 39
The old and the new. For info the 3 averaged 3.7 miles/kWh over its lifetime of 16k miles.

Painless collection from ’Newcastle’. Only issues are some white residue on the black trim in the door aperture from whatever they clean it with, some smears on windscreen again from the cleaning product. The most bizarre thing was that the words ‘Trip A’ and ‘Trip B’ were in Chinese but easy enough to rename. Car showed 6 miles and cameras had all calibrated within 12 miles. Does seem a bit more refined that my 3 but mine was an early 3.
Not that I’m worried, just curious… how did the white interior hold up after 3 years in the 3?

Looking forward to ours, we know we just need to wipe down with baby wipes after a mark

Not that I’m worried, just curious… how did the white interior hold up after 3 years in the 3?

Looking forward to ours, we know we just need to wipe down with baby wipes after a mark
Surprisingly good. Some very minor dye transfer from jeans but got most of it off with leather wipes.

Very happy that there was no issue with me adding 1500 miles to my 3 since the p/ex quote.