Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the risk of asking a question that has been asked and answered a thousand times (I have scrolled back to see if I could find the answer) can anyone tell me whether I should expect to find a granny charger and Type 2 cable in the boot on delivery?
I seem to recall some Tesla penny-pinching in this area.
My Q2 MY shipped with both a Type 2 and a UMC with UK plug. AFAIK all Q2 MY collections had both. I would not expect Q3 collections to be any different.

Reactions: Toblerone
Octopus did send an email last week saying they were moving to date ranges - guess this it is it (I've gone to Sept to Nov!)

"My name is Inyigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die. "
But for EAP we have the same spec. Seems like Octopus are just guessing as your early May order has been pushed to Nov but my late Feb order Dec-Feb🤷‍♂️

Hoping my dream of Q3 delivery is only mostly dead …

The suspense is killing me! Will Elon Santa come and leave me a VIN in the night? Or will I get a lump of an EDD change?
Nothing overnight for me. It's getting to the point where VIN-gate is starting to impact my life. I'll probably start having vivid dreams of VIN allocations 🤣.

Given this is how I feel today, I have no idea how I'll be by the end of the week. I imagine my patience will be wearing vin. Oh well, guess not much can be done, will just have to vin and bear it. And if I don't get it this quarter, I guess I'll just take it on the vin.

Sorry in advance for the above. But I'm using the puns as a coping mechanism, and I feel it is therefore vindicated....

Last edited:
Nothing overnight for me. It's getting to the point where VIN-gate is starting to impact my life. I'll probably start having vivid dreams of VIN allocations 🤣.

Given this is how I feel today, I have no idea how I'll be by the end of the week. I imagine my patience will be wearing vin. Oh well, guess not much can be done, will just have to vin and bear it. And if I don't get it this quarter, I guess I'll just take it on the vin.

Sorry in advance for the above. But I'm using the puns as a coping mechanism, and I feel it is therefore vindicated....
You’re a few hours too early to check for Santa presents. I expect updates may start this evening but in any case Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are probably the “hot days” if past performance is anything to go by. Certainly no doubt Glovis Companion is UK bound as it had RHD cars parked beside it from the vids shared at weekend. You have until the end of the week to remain in a catatonic state of anticipation. Enjoy🚘

You’re a few hours too early to check for Santa presents. I expect updates may start this evening but in any case Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are probably the “hot days” if past performance is anything to go by. Certainly no doubt Glovis Companion is UK bound as it had RHD cars parked beside it from the vids shared at weekend. You have until the end of the week to remain in a catatonic state of anticipation. Enjoy🚘
@StarbucksBob - I like your optimism and prefer your EDD to mine with same spec! You’re also a lorry ride away from Southampton and OD only a couple of weeks apart so I’m hoping if you get a VIN, I will too!

@StarbucksBob - I like your optimism and prefer your EDD to mine with same spec! You’re also a lorry ride away from Southampton and OD only a couple of weeks apart so I’m hoping if you get a VIN, I will too!
I also wanted a tow bar but this wasn’t a factory option at the time. When they sent the text asking if I wanted to add it, I stayed clear of this in case in put me back in the line. I will get it done once car arrives. I actually suspect there will be another part load of MYs to uk leaving before end next week. Hoping the northern half of the country are preferentially served with this shipment as later ships can top up the southern customers before September 30th. Enjoy 🚘🎷🎶

Cheer yourself up and watch the Tesla light shows available for download on the tree, just burying my sorrows over Olivia Newton John and watching Xanadu, a friend reminded me we saw it for his 10th Birthday, trying to look on the bright side :) Chin up, brew a tea, that also helps. We should start a forum thread, support for those on the waiting the list!

But for EAP we have the same spec. Seems like Octopus are just guessing as your early May order has been pushed to Nov but my late Feb order Dec-Feb🤷‍♂️

Hoping my dream of Q3 delivery is only mostly dead …
Same spec as me except for EAP and you ordered the day before me. Must be an octopus thing, too many arms not knowing what the other one is doing. Paws crossed you get a match in the Tesla roulette on this next ship allocation.

My understanding is that Octopus & consorts are doing a little allocation of their own behind the scenes.
They have placed a bulk order with Tesla and upon receiving VINs, they don't necessarily match clients with their own original RN?
It is an interesting theory. They were recently featured in an article in one of the motoring magazines saying that their customers don't experience long lead times as they pre-order in bulk.

5F1B59FE-D682-46E1-B4CC-3C0DE801C5C2.jpeg

The constant checking is affecting my work😂it’s part of my daily routine now.

Wake up, check for vin, breakfast, check for vin, write a line of code, check for vin and so goes the cycle until I sleep and all I can dream about is getting a VIN allocated.

The worst part is, with my current EDD I’m not even sure my vehicle is built or arriving on GLOVIS CHAMPION 🤦‍♂️

Wake up, check for vin, breakfast, check for vin, write a line of code, check for vin and so goes the cycle until I sleep and all I can dream about is getting a VIN allocated.

You manage a whole line? That’s impressive. I’m lucky if I can avoid checking between words 🤣

I assume as a coder you already are aware of this but I recommend the Distill Chrome extension, which can check automatically for you every x minutes (for free!)

You manage a whole line? That’s impressive. I’m lucky if I can avoid checking between words 🤣

I assume as a coder you already are aware of this but I recommend the Distill Chrome extension, which can check automatically for you every x minutes (for free!)
I've actually not heard of that extension before! Never monitored something this much in my life before. But already started setting it up after you mentioned it 😂 thank you!

Reactions: QuanTim and adambg