Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a Tesla enthusiast, I can’t help myself but agree with your statement - I genuinely do not believe it is rocket science (have a team behind to help if required) to estimate delivery considering they are able to estimate range by taking into account many more variables that the nature throws at the equations…
It'll s a fair point. How can you be confident that a team of engineers will come up with an algorithm so advanced that it will analyse all road factors in real time for FSD and steer your car in a split-second, and at the same time have that same team create an EDD estimate hit and miss delivery shipments by entire QUARTERS....

Reactions: QuanTim
It'll s a fair point. How can you be confident that a team of engineers will come up with an algorithm so advanced that it will analyse all road factors in real time for FSD and steer your car in a split-second, and at the same time have that same team create an EDD estimate hit and miss delivery shipments by entire QUARTERS....
Lol, very much not the same team!

Maybe just maybe, the Tesla fairies have fired up their dusty old computer to begin this quarter’s lottery and the program has misfired. It sounds like today is the real start of VIN assignment and we need to take our lead from that. I haven’t heard of any confirmed VINs yet but perhaps by tomorrow morning we can start drawing conclusions. There is no way on earth Tesla will actually overlook the folks from feb,March,April and then skip to June. They may be odd at times but they cannot be wreckless or else their business will be done. As Darenno said elsewhere, there will be few more RHDs to uk leaving Shanghai soon (possibly a part shipment shared with LHDs for EU). Be patient everybody and if you know of folks with same spec who ordered later and who get VINs when you don’t, then get straight onto Tesla and complain. They cannot afford to screw this up.

My EDD just shifted in the right direction and I have a VIN....
PHOTO-2022-08-09-16-33-48.jpg

A valid question. I would be cautiously confident and will definitely consider at least EAP and later on FSD after trying out w/o both first. My take on this is that I have faith in their ongoing R&D and the product itself but perhaps foolishly expecting same level of improvement in this EDD business as well…