Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine's just arrived. They had to drive it here from Manchester so no 'only 5 miles on the clock' for me, which is a shame but at least it's here!
Should my app have changed though? It still only lets me go to my account on the website. There's no option to open doors etc.
Also, it's refusing to charge. Do tesla need to transfer ownership to me?

Just had a text from Tesla saying the following;

“Tesla Update - Due to delays our carriers may experience on the day your Model Y is scheduled to arrive at your address, we'd like to offer you the option of collecting your Model Y from Tesla Centre Glasgow. Reply YES if you wish to collect the same day or NO if we need to look into alternative arrangements.”

So looks like I am now going to be collecting from Glasgow on Thursday 29th instead!!
When were they scheduled to deliver originally?

Bluewater is filled with these cars. I did see some model 3s but mostly model Ys. must be about 300 cars there
Was told that there were about 70 collections and 30 deliveries happening just today from there!

20220924_110901.jpg

20220924_110912.jpg

I manage to get my X5 sold to the original guy via Motorway. He tried to get £800 off for a worn rear break and some other very minor stuff. Was annoying but I got it down as I had an old service bill showing the cost of disk and pads. I’d recommend covering as much as you can upfront however minor, just so they don’t have any wiggle room. Having said that it all depends on the dealer you get matched with. All it all I was still up on the original reserve and way more than WBAC etc. Transfer was instant even on a weekend for anyone worrying.

I also managed to get the Tesla insurance down from £620 to ~£500 by adding our other car for a month (it has 11 months left on its current policy) so they expire at the same time… boggles the mind, but I’m not complaining as earlier quotes were £1,200 from Direct line and others flat out refused. Worth shopping around and then phoning up!

Finally phoned Tesla to check the number plate and they just sent the text again, said I wouldn’t need proof of insurance just drivers licence. Also got them to move me forward an hour 👌

Mine's just arrived. They had to drive it here from Manchester so no 'only 5 miles on the clock' for me, which is a shame but at least it's here!
Should my app have changed though? It still only lets me go to my account on the website. There's no option to open doors etc.
Also, it's refusing to charge. Do tesla need to transfer ownership to me?
Sounds like it, give them a call on 01628 450 660 and option 2.

Reactions: Skenno
Got the same…
“Tesla Update - Due to delays our carriers may experience on the day your Model Y is scheduled to arrive at your address, we'd like to offer you the option of collecting your Model Y from Tesla Delivery Hub Birmingham NEC. Reply YES if you wish to collect the same day or NO if we need to look into alternative arrangements.”

Why do bad things happen to good people!? 😭 going to have to stick with delivery and hope for the best 🤞🏻 Which I guess means someone might drive it here which is sad I’ll have more miles on it but save me a £100 taxi ride and half a days work!

Reactions: CP91
Just had a text from Tesla saying the following;

“Tesla Update - Due to delays our carriers may experience on the day your Model Y is scheduled to arrive at your address, we'd like to offer you the option of collecting your Model Y from Tesla Centre Glasgow. Reply YES if you wish to collect the same day or NO if we need to look into alternative arrangements.”

So looks like I am now going to be collecting from Glasgow on Thursday 29th instead!!
Just got same text. Was due to be delivered on 28th from Bluewater, now they want me to collect from there. Gave them a call, and they said that it's either collect, or someone will drive the car to me...

Not a happy bunny right now

Anyone ordered late July/early August? Trying to figure out if I'll see the car this side of new year or is February more likely.
Mid July, and I’m strongly hoping for this quarter as they got to mid-May last quarter, also they’ll want a “bumper year” which means a big Q4 hopefully.

Also, the EDD for those ordering now is still this year for the MYLR!

So I’d have said allow 5-6 months on your order, but in reality it may be sooner!

Reactions: Lord Farquad
Mid July, and I’m strongly hoping for this quarter as they got to mid-May last quarter, also they’ll want a “bumper year” which means a big Q4 hopefully.

Also, the EDD for those ordering now is still this year for the MYLR!

So I’d have said allow 5-6 months on your order, but in reality it may be sooner!
I went to the local Tesla branch today and that was their implication as well, though reserved of course.

I ordered early March but had to change to my works car scheme which was a much better deal so was forced to make a new order end of July.

Good luck on your current EDD :)

• Love
Reactions: DevMar