Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the “avoid delay pay now” text for a collection on Tuesday. Ideally want to wait till I sell my other car tomorrow, assuming this is just an exaggeration as I’ve heard of people paying on the way to collection and then just showing proof…

Also, now with Apple Pay and a car key card all I need to take out with me are keys for is the house. I keep forgetting my wallet these days. Now looking for a decent smart lock system for the house to complete the process of total reliability on my phone:eek:

Same! On both counts!! What have I become, haha!
Let me know if you guys get anywhere with this, I’m thinking that would be a great solution too. Have never looked into this before, so will start!

Also, now with Apple Pay and a car key card all I need to take out with me are keys for is the house. I keep forgetting my wallet these days. Now looking for a decent smart lock system for the house to complete the process of total reliability on my phone:eek:
It's all fun and games until you run out of battery...

My wife just traded-up her old IPhone in store. Lost bluetooth Phone key feature, so couldn't get back in the car.
Couldn't call me as the phone was importing all contacts and waiting new activation, and lost Apple Pay cards, so couldn't jump on a bus either...

Sometimes the good old wallet is nice..

So it’s getting near now for me… delivery on 28th. Unexpectedly sold my car on auto trader last Sunday so have borrowed a little run around from work. Need to give it back on Tuesday. Need to pick up kids on Wednesday afternoon so really hoping for a morning delivery that doesn’t get cancelled. Feel for those who have had delivery really late in the day or even cancelled!

Zappi arrived today for install next week and solar and battery install the following week. 6 months of waiting and it’s all happening at (a very expensive) once! Fingers crossed for no last minute curve balls! Great to see the collections images and good luck to those collecting and receive deliveries in the next few days.

Attachments

• 4078EB71-D139-4B31-A547-5846348924B9.jpeg
    4078EB71-D139-4B31-A547-5846348924B9.jpeg
    331.1 KB · Views: 62
It's all fun and games until you run out of battery...

My wife just traded-up her old IPhone in store. Lost bluetooth Phone key feature, so couldn't get back in the car.
Couldn't call me as the phone was importing all contacts and waiting new activation, and lost Apple Pay cards, so couldn't jump on a bus either...

Sometimes the good old wallet is nice..
With a dead battery you can still use the phone for payments

Would be cool if Tesla keys could be used in the same way but it’ll be a right pain of you lose both wallet (with keys) and phone!

Reactions: robmcm
Someone posted pics in one of the threads a few days ago of the Induction replicas they had purchased from Tessories and they looked good.

Aliexpress has loads of alternative wheel covers. I had already ordered the Rimetrix ones but there are now much cheaper knock offs available on Aliexpress.

The main disadvantage of Aliexpress is how slow it is for larger items. The floor mats I ordered end Aug are not due till Oct 14.

Happy collection day for those picking up today! MYSELF INCLUDED!!!

Woke up suuuper early this morning because, well, I couldn’t sleep so been pottering about just biding the time until the Uber gets here (£68 to bloody Staines, by the way….. whatever happened to cheap Ubers? Anyway, not a problem I’ll have to worry about too often). It’s now only 10 mins away!

Will be sure to do a bit of a write up in the experience thread soon! (Though I do like this thread a little better, if i’m honest.)

After the disappointment of being bumped off to Q4 I’ve been allocated a car this afternoon. Will be collecting on Tuesday now!

Edit: anyone who has collected from the Trafford centre, what version of software was the car? Hoping it’s one with the cloud profiles so I can just get in the car and drive off without having to change my settings
My car collected yesterday from Newcastle was on v11.0 (2022.15.103 17bf2f8b0d39) and did not have cloud profiles until I updated it at home

Reactions: Toblerone
Just had a text from Tesla saying the following;

“Tesla Update - Due to delays our carriers may experience on the day your Model Y is scheduled to arrive at your address, we'd like to offer you the option of collecting your Model Y from Tesla Centre Glasgow. Reply YES if you wish to collect the same day or NO if we need to look into alternative arrangements.”

So looks like I am now going to be collecting from Glasgow on Thursday 29th instead!!

Reactions: Toblerone