Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was going to try Carwow. Used them to haggle to buy a car previously. They’ve started doing car sales recently too where dealers compete to offer you the best price for trade in. Has anyone had any experience versus WBAC?
Yes - sold mine via CarWow (Sales) - I literally got a call back within 10 minutes of uploading a few photos and submitting the advert (so quick in fact - that I actually thought I was being scammed at first - I dropped the call after asking the chap to phone me back - once I had checked direct with CarWow). The advert went up on a Tuesday the car was collected on a Thursday - following an initial holding 'deposit' paid into my bank account ‘sight unseen’ on the understanding I would not accept any more 'offers' - the balance was paid directly into my account on the day (before being driven off).

No haggling at all - a dealer brought it for the (what I thought was an inflated price - Tesla’s really do hold their value well). To be clear it was a very nice - low mileage car - Model 3 SRP - Covid meant that we could not go out and about as much as I would have liked.

The M3 is just a bit too low for my old bones to get in and out of - but more than eager to get back in a Tesla - with a little bit more height.

CarWow works very much like Motorway - you advertise the car for whatever price you want to set - and Dealers 'bid' against each other - they normally start low and build up the 'bids'.

I only went with CarWow - as I was searching for prices WBAC etc - and they (CarWow) called me - again almost as soon as I went for a quote on their site - and took me through their process and advise Me to up the price and just give them a go.

Although this might read as though I work for CarWow - I do not - to be clear.

The process was super simple and I was more than impressed - not least because I live miles from anywhere (rural Wales) and thought I might struggle to get anyone interested.

Yes - sold mine via CarWow (Sales) - I literally got a call back within 10 minutes of uploading a few photos and submitting the advert (so quick in fact - that I actually thought I was being scammed at first - I dropped the call after asking the chap to phone me back - once I had checked direct with CarWow). The advert went up on a Tuesday the car was collected on a Thursday - following an initial holding 'deposit' paid into my bank account ‘sight unseen’ on the understanding I would not accept any more 'offers' - the balance was paid directly into my account on the day (before being driven off).

No haggling at all - a dealer brought it for the (what I thought was an inflated price - Tesla’s really do hold their value well). To be clear it was a very nice - low mileage car - Model 3 SRP - Covid meant that we could not go out and about as much as I would have liked.

The M3 is just a bit too low for my old bones to get in and out of - but more than eager to get back in a Tesla - with a little bit more height.

CarWow works very much like Motorway - you advertise the car for whatever price you want to set - and Dealers 'bid' against each other - they normally start low and build up the 'bids'.

I only went with CarWow - as I was searching for prices WBAC etc - and they (CarWow) called me - again almost as soon as I went for a quote on their site - and took me through their process and advise Me to up the price and just give them a go.

Although this might read as though I work for CarWow - I do not - to be clear.

The process was super simple and I was more than impressed - not least because I live miles from anywhere (rural Wales) and thought I might struggle to get anyone interested.
Thanks very useful. I‘ll have a M3 LR to sell once the MY arrives - I couldn’t see how long the offers last from the website?

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster...

Firstly, thanks to everyone who has been updating the forum with info, loads of good stuff here.

I've ordered my MYLR and got in early (around midday on the day they became available for pre-order). I've taken all of the next steps that were asked for on Friday and have confirmation of a Feb delivery so hoping I'll be in the first batch!

I have two questions around Tesla valuations.

1. Are Tesla like WBAC etc where they will drop the price for any reason once they see it or can I trust that the valuation will be correct (assuming I don't prang it or up the millage massively)?

2. With the millage, is there a cutoff for how much it can go up? I can't seem to find info on their website and I'm going to have the car for another month so it's going to change.

Thanks

1. Are Tesla like WBAC etc where they will drop the price for any reason once they see it or can I trust that the valuation will be correct (assuming I don't prang it or up the millage massively)?
To defend WBAC I sold them my 2009 Defender 110 in December and they only reduced it by £250 for a scratches (it is a Land Rover after all) which I think was reasonable.

I think they allow 1,000 miles.
That's more than enough! Thanks
To defend WBAC I sold them my 2009 Defender 110 in December and they only reduced it by £250 for a scratches (it is a Land Rover after all) which I think was reasonable.
TBF I've never sold anything through them, only going off what I've been told so happy to be proven wrong. Hopefully the Tesla offer will be close to or higher as it's the most convinient option 🤞

Reactions: hairysteve
That's more than enough! Thanks

TBF I've never sold anything through them, only going off what I've been told so happy to be proven wrong. Hopefully the Tesla offer will be close to or higher as it's the most convinient option 🤞
We sold my wife's Fabia with them and they certainly looked it over but I didn't feel it was unfairly done or that the things they took off for were unreasonable or extra expensive.

My biggest problem with WBAC and the ilk is that they don't provide anywhere to indicate that the car has any upgrades like the 19" sport wheels or software ones like acceleration boost over and above the standard spec of the car.

I'm fairly oblivious to the general car scene, but what's the advantage of waiting for the new number plate? Is it just vanity (a Feb car looks older than it would be) or is it important when it comes to sell (a March car would be six months newer)?
In the old days with one annual prefix change I could see it being more important and particularly if it aligned with a new model or facelift. Does it matter as much these days and apply to Teslas? I cant see a Feb MY being worth any less than a March one unless perhaps you needed to sell during the 6 month period from March when it might have the added cache' of a current 22 plate. I'm probably going to stick a private plate on mine anyway!

Reactions: Roarr and ajbrun
I'm fairly oblivious to the general car scene, but what's the advantage of waiting for the new number plate? Is it just vanity (a Feb car looks older than it would be) or is it important when it comes to sell (a March car would be six months newer)?
It is a personal choice but if you are not in a hurry then waiting a few days/weeks has benefits such as holding its resale or trade-in value better than a car bought just a few days/weeks earlier on an older plate.

I've had good and bad experiences with WBAC. Both times it was selling company cars when people left. The good experience was with a BMW 530e, the car was about 12 months old with Low mileage and near mint condition. WBAC gave a far better price than anyone else and didn't try and knock me down when I took it in. The Bad experience was with a Kia Sportage which was 3 years old and had 90,000 ,miles on it. They gave a poor price to start with then wanted to knock £1000 of for condition when i took it to them. I sold them the BMW but got a better price elsewhere for the Kia.

I'd strongly recommend giving the car a good clean inside and out before taking it to WBAC, makes it harder to knock you down too much if the car is clean and tidy as opposed to a car that looks untidy and unloved.

I ordered a Model Y LR on the day they started UK sales. I had a very early 18 reg Jaguar I Pace which I sold privately on Autotrader within 24 hours of placing the Advert, fortunately my kids are away at Uni. so i can use their cars until the model Y arrives. A garage bought the I Pace for a higher price than WBAC, Motorway or Tesla. Tesla gave me a shocking trade in price.

Thanks very useful. I‘ll have a M3 LR to sell once the MY arrives - I couldn’t see how long the offers last from the website?
Mine was not on very long - but I got a series of 'low offers' in the few days it was up on the site - and I believe they time expired after 5 days. My experience was - that if they (the Dealers) are truly interested they will contact you to negotiate. The range I was suggested to go for - was at the low end - but higher than Tesla offered (in part Exchange) and less than WBAC. However; I put in a price target well above (at the suggestion of CarWow) and it was (as I wrote earlier) gone within 10 Minutes. This was just before Christmas - my thinking being that with the Y due out soon - then there will be a small rush of M3s being upgraded. I am lucky enough to have an ID3 to use in the meantime.

Reactions: Marvin03
From my own research 2nd hand cars are going up in value. So might be worth leaving the comparisons until very close to delivery. I currently have 2 dealers ready to negotiate. Like a few others I have a fully loaded car with extras the main dealers love to sell.

From my own research 2nd hand cars are going up in value. So might be worth leaving the comparisons until very close to delivery. I currently have 2 dealers ready to negotiate. Like a few others I have a fully loaded car with extras the main dealers love to sell.
My trade in value has dropped since Aug so I thought they were coming down slowly. It may also me down to people not buying cars over the festive period.

Trade values decrease every month, so expect change.
There is no one best place, it depends on demand and you car type.

There are two approached dealer-bids and static.
dealer-bids: Wizzle Carlow, Motors - you take pictures and dealers will bid on your car.
static: WBAC, and Cinch - you enter a few detail and you get a price.

Dealer-bids normally generate more cash, if your car is popular....
Personally use them all to get a base line - Wizzle has been the best for me 80% of the time. If a site charges dealers (they do), there is always an off site price to be achieved so no commission is paid.so if you are offered 25K off site may be 26K

Reactions: hairysteve
In the old days with one annual prefix change I could see it being more important and particularly if it aligned with a new model or facelift. Does it matter as much these days and apply to Teslas? I cant see a Feb MY being worth any less than a March one unless perhaps you needed to sell during the 6 month period from March when it might have the added cache' of a current 22 plate. I'm probably going to stick a private plate on mine anyway!
In CAP it may show a £500-£1000 difference, in reality though, it will be the year 2022 that most people will be drawn to, as well as the warranty period.