Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine was not on very long - but I got a series of 'low offers' in the few days it was up on the site - and I believe they time expired after 5 days. My experience was - that if they (the Dealers) are truly interested they will contact you to negotiate. The range I was suggested to go for - was at the low end - but higher than Tesla offered (in part Exchange) and less than WBAC. However; I put in a price target well above (at the suggestion of CarWow) and it was (as I wrote earlier) gone within 10 Minutes. This was just before Christmas - my thinking being that with the Y due out soon - then there will be a small rush of M3s being upgraded. I am lucky enough to have an ID3 to use in the meantime.
When using these sites do not use 'sell immediate' try 7-14 days. the algorithm often reduces the cost...

Reactions: dangrenade
Trade values decrease every month, so expect change.
There is no one best place, it depends on demand and you car type.

There are two approached dealer-bids and static.
dealer-bids: Wizzle Carlow, Motors - you take pictures and dealers will bid on your car.
static: WBAC, and Cinch - you enter a few detail and you get a price.

Dealer-bids normally generate more cash, if your car is popular....
Personally use them all to get a base line - Wizzle has been the best for me 80% of the time. If a site charges dealers (they do), there is always an off site price to be achieved so no commission is paid.so if you are offered 25K off site may be 26K
Trade values decrease every month, so expect change.
There is no one best place, it depends on demand and you car type.

There are two approached dealer-bids and static.
dealer-bids: Wizzle Carlow, Motors - you take pictures and dealers will bid on your car.
static: WBAC, and Cinch - you enter a few detail and you get a price.

Dealer-bids normally generate more cash, if your car is popular....
Personally use them all to get a base line - Wizzle has been the best for me 80% of the time. If a site charges dealers (they do), there is always an off site price to be achieved so no commission is paid.so if you are offered 25K off site may be 26K
Agree but with the chip shortages, prices have been improving over time. Dealers are making money by hanging on to stock. V rare!

Reactions: VX Foxy
I sold my Model S via Motorway in the summer and got a few hundred over the initially quoted price. That said, they knocked me back £200 for 2 curbed wheels when the car was collected.

I had decided to take a chance on the wheels as knew three needed doing and couldn't decide if it would be worth my trouble getting them done pre-emptively. In practice it worked out okay and didn't cost me any time or any cost, given I would have been paying £70 x3.

Reactions: rnbetsy
1. Are Tesla like WBAC etc where they will drop the price for any reason once they see it or can I trust that the valuation will be correct (assuming I don't prang it or up the millage massively)?

2. With the millage, is there a cutoff for how much it can go up? I can't seem to find info on their website and I'm going to have the car for another month so it's going to change.

Thanks
1. Last time they didn't even check the car
2. As long as the odometer reading does not increase by 2,485 miles or more

May I know how much increase after you sent pics, and what the car is thanks

I think the person said their initial valuation was from last year hence the price increase rather than a recent trade in quote being upgraded

From my own research 2nd hand cars are going up in value. So might be worth leaving the comparisons until very close to delivery. I currently have 2 dealers ready to negotiate. Like a few others I have a fully loaded car with extras the main dealers love to sell.
In the short term its possible to see increases but non electric cars are going to be punished once any previous bottlenecks in supply are gone

pushed the button on motorway. Not binding anyway until I get a confirmation and it’ll take a few days so probably next week before its off my drive. And if it goes south for any reason I can fall back to WBAC.

Finally got my finance settlement which is £29k so about £1k less than I estimated which is good - that’ll pay for the MSM paint.

Took the red YLR at the Trafford Centre this morning. It's exactly the same spec as my ode. Thee was a route set out which was disappointing as it was round Trafford Park, so thee was no chance to test its acceleration, especially as the first part we were stuck behind a double decker bus.:confused::confused:

I was pleasantly surprised at the boot space and the room when the seats were down. As a golfer, excellent for 2 golfers, bags, trolleys and suitcases when going away, which was one reason I didn't go for the 3. No dogs, so no worry about the slanted roof.

The ride seemed no harsher than by A4 Avant, and I never touched the break pedal. Getting used to that, and not stopping too early will take some getting used to.

My OH is on the short side, so she had difficulty getting out of the drivers side, Think she'll have to lower the seat as far as possible when getting out.

Biggest gripe was not being able to put my foot down.

Reactions: sircoynie
Took the red YLR at the Trafford Centre this morning. It's exactly the same spec as my ode. Thee was a route set out which was disappointing as it was round Trafford Park, so thee was no chance to test its acceleration, especially as the first part we were stuck behind a double decker bus.:confused:

Our test route from Trafford on Sunday took us on the motorway briefly!

Reactions: sircoynie
Took the red YLR at the Trafford Centre this morning. It's exactly the same spec as my ode. Thee was a route set out which was disappointing as it was round Trafford Park, so thee was no chance to test its acceleration, especially as the first part we were stuck behind a double decker bus.:confused::confused:

I was pleasantly surprised at the boot space and the room when the seats were down. As a golfer, excellent for 2 golfers, bags, trolleys and suitcases when going away, which was one reason I didn't go for the 3. No dogs, so no worry about the slanted roof.

The ride seemed no harsher than by A4 Avant, and I never touched the break pedal. Getting used to that, and not stopping too early will take some getting used to.

My OH is on the short side, so she had difficulty getting out of the drivers side, Think she'll have to lower the seat as far as possible when getting out.

interesting on the height -my wife is short too but hadn't considered she might need to jump down! You can set up easy entry which you can set to any position you like so it can move the seat down when she puts it in park, and then when she gets in it'll lift back up again.

Had my drive this morning too. My take aways/questions that seem different to the ones previously mentioned on here:
  • I found the view out the rear from the rearview mirror to be smaller than I expected. Anyone else feel that way?
  • I'm definitely going to need the acceleration boost. I could REALLY feel the difference between the Y stock and my 3 w/Acceleration Boost.
  • Does the Y have a vibrating steering wheel for lane assist? I kept getting it after accidentally drifting a bit and then when I would intentionally drift towards the lane to reproduce it.
  • 20" inductions were way more comfortable than 19" sport wheels on 3
  • It felt much more settled. I get the "go kart" impression from my 3 sometimes but this felt much more stable on the roads.
I know this one has been said but wow, it's definitely a bigger car! (excuse the state of the outside of my car)
IMG_1335.jpeg

IMG_1338.jpeg