Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Location is a bit random. I'm in North Oxfordshire and had originally chose to pick up from Birmingham (would have preferred Stratford-upon-Avon ...). They've chosen Southampton for me 🤷‍♂️ Weighing up whether to take the train and make a family day of it or ignore until offered a more sensible location.

I am actually pretty annoyed Tesla thinks we will take a 21 car , when the new plate is out 9 days later. Can’t even hold out for the 7 days as still be February. I’ve waited a long time to buy a Tesla, I can wait a little longer. In fact my words are restrained as I would be moderated. They must think we are a bunch of over excited kids like someone already mentioned. Be really funny if we all rejected. Let the lease companies have them.

I am actually pretty annoyed Tesla thinks we will take a 21 car , when the new plate is out 9 days later. Can’t even hold out for the 7 days as still be February. I’ve waited a long time to buy a Tesla, I can wait a little longer. In fact my words are restrained as I would be moderated. They must think we are a bunch of over excited kids like someone already mentioned. Be really funny if we all rejected. Let the lease companies have them.
I'm pretty annoyed that it looks increasingly likely I will get a 22 when I want asap and there doesn't seem to be a mechanism to trade VINs/deliveries. Also annoyed that it seems like - one person in Glasgow excepted - this is a south half of England only launch in southern locations. Especially as I got my order in within 20 minutes. My Model S PCP contract ended November and I'm desperate for my Y, plate is not an issue

Reactions: roadcred
I believe there are another load coming in March
Surely if we’ve selected a desired pick up venue from the choice of 2 I was given when completing the earlier tasks they can’t now turn around and say you car is here, pick it up from Southampton or you loose it and go back in the queue!

Re: registrations. At what point are you assigned the number plate? If they offered the car on Feb 28 and you said put it back a week till I collect would it really come with a 2022 plate at the point or are you picking up a 2021 plate unless you give up the VIN and take a whole new car?

Reactions: roadcred