Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I had to put 0 NCB for the second car; surprisingly, didn't make much difference. Its higher than it should be due to the Meet and Greet idiots at LHR. Car was brand new, comes back with dented door, quarter panel, wing, and 3 out of 4 alloys badly Curbed. Definatley won't be taking the Tesla there. And the legal protection couldn't even nail them, as it was a company in a company subcontracted to another company etc... 😭
which firm - name and shame so we dont have the same experience! we did this for Gatwick mid pandemic and parked right in front of the airport, I dont think they moved it (VW T5) the whole time we were away, but I'm concerned now!

Same as mine, although I changed to 20's 2 weeks ago, sadly no change in my account yet. I have been assured that the changes are approved so i wont stress too much, yet :D
Steve, because I’m paying cash now (well 3rd party finance) I was able to change my build in my account. Happened instantly instead of waiting the week I was told for the change to be put through. Just thought I’d mention it in case you were in the same situation. When I’d agreed Tesla PCP finance I was unable to change the build.

Steve, because I’m paying cash now (well 3rd party finance) I was able to change my build in my account. Happened instantly instead of waiting the week I was told for the change to be put through. Just thought I’d mention it in case you were in the same situation. When I’d agreed Tesla PCP finance I was unable to change the build.
Thanks for sharing🙇‍♂️ - mine is also a cash purchase but can't change anything and assumed because I have a requested March delivery that it is locked out?? Will give Tesla another call tomorrow to confirm.

Apologies if this has been asked, I've searched the forum and can't seem to find a clear answer (forgive a silly question). Have never bought a new car on PCP before... let alone such a huge outlay now for my first new car.. (very excited! - was contacted by tesla today out of the blue and said please complete all the steps and finance so a car can be allocated.)

Was awaiting the final valuation from tesla for p/xchanging my car, quote came back lower than the standalone offer, and now told to remove it, do the stand-alone trade-in, save it and then re-apply it to the order and now it's gone back to be re-reviewed.

Do I need to wait for this offer first before proceeding to arrange the finance? (will be an ltd purchase). As I'm looking to use the p/x value + some extra cash as the deposit for the PCP via Blackhorse, do I account for this as the total deposit when seeking the quote from the Blackhorse calculator or only the cash portion?

If I proceed with the finance application first (while awaiting the final p/x offer), say if the offer came back substantially different, ( ie p/x quoted value 10k + 7k cash, but the final offer is p/x value of 9k, do I then need the find the additional 1k to make the finance term of 17k deposit)?

Sorry seems like such a mundane question, but just can't seem to find the straight and clear answer I'm looking for, and the tesla finance and Blackhorse web FAQ does not help.
PCP is finance, you do not own the car, typically you pay approximately 45-55% of it value, after the term you have two options (i) return the car, nothing to pay, or (ii) pay the remaining amount.
If you sell you old car and put cash to make the deposit, your finance is based on the (deposit) + (monthly payments).
Keep in mind, you do not own the car, so don't make huge deposits unless you need to reduce your monthly payments. In some circumstances it is better to get alone over longer period.
PCP finance will be calculated on the basis that you have the deposit, thus when you go to collect the car you need the deposit.

Reactions: Mystarch89
If you call tesla they can release it again.. they have to reset the page back to a place where you can change the car. Did that with my model 3.

However you don't have to fill in the finance until just before delivery (couple of weeks IIRC) so it might be wise just to wait so last minute changes of spec aren't an issue.

• Informative
Reactions: hairysteve
which firm - name and shame so we dont have the same experience! we did this for Gatwick mid pandemic and parked right in front of the airport, I dont think they moved it (VW T5) the whole time we were away, but I'm concerned now!
Emirates Parking / We Deal Meet and Greet (LHR)

Attachments

• IMG_3895.jpg
    IMG_3895.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 60