Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for sharing🙇‍♂️ - mine is also a cash purchase but can't change anything and assumed because I have a requested March delivery that it is locked out?? Will give Tesla another call tomorrow to confirm.
Mine locked out, after prepare delivery tasks back in early Jan. no movement still since. I was tempted to change to red but decided I’d loose my space sort to speak if I started messing about with spec change. Red looks great with inductions from test drive photos.

I Haven’t elected March collection, just waiting to hear from Tesla naturally and hope given it seems on here most others are in mid feb batch that being “later” means a later vin alloc.

Haven’t had a car since feb20! I’m kinda done with the whole waiting, though equally old enough to accept I should have patience.

Wasn’t offered a test drive either despite multiple requests.

Reactions: hairysteve
Mine locked out, after prepare delivery tasks back in early Jan. no movement still since. I was tempted to change to red but decided I’d loose my space sort to speak if I started messing about with spec change. Red looks great with inductions from test drive photos.

I Haven’t elected March collection, just waiting to hear from Tesla naturally and hope given it seems on here most others are in mid feb batch that being “later” means a later vin alloc.

Haven’t had a car since feb20! I’m kinda done with the whole waiting, though equally old enough to accept I should have patience.

Wasn’t offered a test drive either despite multiple requests.
Think of all the money you've been saving the past year! Not like there is much where to go these days....

Reactions: Roarr
Think of all the money you've been saving the past year! Not like there is much where to go these days....
There are more test drive slots available. I booked myself in for the 5th in Guildford.
I was told its only a 20min test drive but there are a couple of demo cars to look at without a time limit. The tesla rep said that they are encouraging people to bring buggies, golf clubs etc so that you can be happy with the space the car offers.

Reactions: Roarr
There are more test drive slots available. I booked myself in for the 5th in Guildford.
I was told its only a 20min test drive but there are a couple of demo cars to look at without a time limit. The tesla rep said that they are encouraging people to bring buggies, golf clubs etc so that you can be happy with the space the car offers.
Weird.

I was eventually called by Tesla and told we’re sorry. No spaces and don’t worry, I hadn’t been forgotten about.. still waiting.
Maybe I’m being too polite and need to push it a bit more.

I’m quite impressed with the Admiral Gold insurance quote from Compare the Market.
It even went down by £65 when I added the “old car” as a second car (joining the policy end of September for 5 months)
£760 for the Model Y AND a 5 year old VW beetle sport convertible for half a year. Instead of £825 for just the Tesla !
That’s 4yrs NCB with 1 speeding ticket and 1 claim (meet at greet parking at LHR - trashed the car whilst we were on holiday, taxi to airport from now on).
Can’t complete without a reg number though 🙈
When do Tesla normally let you know what the registration number is?
I guess they register it when they have all your money?
Or is it a last minute job?

Age bracket are you in?!

I'm 29 and have 6years NCB (since i started driving) and it's going to be in rural Scotland, locked in a garage overnight and my quote was £2,900. I'll be phoning to speak with a person nearer the time as it would seem that Compare the Market is having me on.

Age bracket are you in?!

I'm 29 and have 6years NCB (since i started driving) and it's going to be in rural Scotland, locked in a garage overnight and my quote was £2,900. I'll be phoning to speak with a person nearer the time as it would seem that Compare the Market is having me on.
OMG! That's mad. 37 with 10years NCD. off street but not garage in bristol is now £560. Admiral.

Age bracket are you in?!

I'm 35, 10+ NCD. The comparethemarket quotes were coming in at around £900 for both M3 and MY.

Direct line for my M3 was £5xx, so hoping for similar with MY.

Age bracket are you in?!

This is meerkat logic. Age(29) x £100 = £2900. Simples. 🙄 This is daylight robbery.

• Funny
Reactions: EVMeister
All of the mats (boot, frunk and lower boot) were back in stock today. Homelink was back a couple of days ago too. They seem to be going quickly though.
Managed to get the boot liner and pet hammock this morning. No Frunk or Trunk but less important.
What I really want is floor mats and they dont have a ModelY RHD one yet. I'll wait a bit and order on ali express if nothing arrives.