Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have to say I’m disappointed with the Tesla experience so far as a first time buyer:
- Ordered MY 12mins after the pre-order emails went out day 1. Cash, no part exchange.
- Shown estimated delivery of Feb 13-27th. Selected my pickup location from choice of 2 given and did all pre-delivery tasks within an hour of being given them.
- Subsequently told to pickup 5hr round trip from Southampton on Feb 19. Having declined I now don’t even have an estimated delivery let alone a confirmed date from my agreed collection point.
- Still there is no option to book a test drive on a £60k car I ordered in October and theoretically I should be taking delivery of on the next 4-8wks.

I’m still sure I’ll love the car but that’s not a great customer experience.
The test drives at Thorpe Park have ended but they have the two Model Ys from there to test drive in Guildford Drive Model Y - Guildford - A quick train ride from Waterloo if you're open to it.

Otherwise, since you've declined the site unseen date, Tesla have said there will be Ys on that first ship that will be sent to a number of different stores so you'll be able to test drive before taking delivery.

Have to say I’m disappointed with the Tesla experience so far as a first time buyer:
- Ordered MY 12mins after the pre-order emails went out day 1. Cash, no part exchange.
- Shown estimated delivery of Feb 13-27th. Selected my pickup location from choice of 2 given and did all pre-delivery tasks within an hour of being given them.
- Subsequently told to pickup 5hr round trip from Southampton on Feb 19. Having declined I now don’t even have an estimated delivery let alone a confirmed date from my agreed collection point.
- Still there is no option to book a test drive on a £60k car I ordered in October and theoretically I should be taking delivery of on the next 4-8wks.

It is infinitely better than the JLR experience I had last year. Ordered in Apr but no comms at all re the chip shortage. Had to do all the chasing to be told in Sep that they have no idea when it will be built but could be 2023 oh and when it does it will be without most of the technology I wanted.

I still have no VIN or est delivery date but I’m happy that I will be getting a car by Easter. Be patient, other manufacturers are no better IMO.

The test drives at Thorpe Park have ended but they have the two Model Ys from there to test drive in Guildford Drive Model Y - Guildford - A quick train ride from Waterloo if you're open to it.

Otherwise, since you've declined the site unseen date, Tesla have said there will be Ys on that first ship that will be sent to a number of different stores so you'll be able to test drive before taking delivery.
We should be careful with the word 'declined' most Car companies ask you went you want the car to be delivered and work with you, that's certainly my experience over the last 15 years when buying new cars.
Tesla operate a minimal touch policy, and offering a car with a take-it or leave it approach is not great customer service.
Personally I don't want a Feb date, nor do I want to travel hundreds of miles to pick my car up. I feel we are being forced to accept Tesla's poor delivery scenarios.

• Disagree
Reactions: VX Foxy
We should be careful with the word 'declined' most Car companies ask you went you want the car to be delivered and work with you, that's certainly my experience over the last 15 years when buying new cars.
Tesla operate a minimal touch policy, and offering a car with a take-it or leave it approach is not great customer service.
Personally I don't want a Feb date, nor do I want to travel hundreds of miles to pick my car up. I feel we are being forced to accept Tesla's poor delivery scenarios.
For whatever reason Tesla wanted to make a special event of the Y launch. This is why they had the "special" locations and the limited choice. Nobody was forced to take the February date or make the long journeys. When we reserved our cars, we were told "early 2022". You'll still be getting your Y in early 2022. It wasn't like they committed to a February date. If you want March, which I totally understand, you just need to tell them you don't want the February pickup and then you'll be allocated the next car that matches your spec in priority order. it sounds like people are getting Feb to March delivery ranges at the locations they want to receive them.

TBH It's all been a bit of an own goal on Tesla's part. If they just came out and said "We're offering you a chance to get the very first Model Y in the UK. If you want to be the first to experience a Y, then we're offering a handful of early deliveries at select of locations across the UK. If you want to wait for a March plate or a more convenient location, let us know and we'll schedule your delivery accordingly".

This is my third Tesla and I can categorically say that this is not the typical delivery experience here in the UK. For both of my Model 3s I had the option to choose from a number of different locations and a reasonable range of dates like you're describing. I also had some last minute flexibility by about a week and a half on my last Model 3 that was available at the end of Feb but I wanted to roll into March. Again, shitty comms on Tesla's part about what this first batch delivery actually is.

I didn't have P2D enabled before and I don't quite understand why it seems so popular. I guess its like multifactor authentication - just the key isn't enough. But I like being able to get in and go. Adding a PIN seems like a concious step that having the phone as key just removed. And if my phone is stolen its unlikely the thief even knows I have a tesla and it'll be wiped pretty dang quickly anyway?

Might try it though on my new one, see how I get on
PIN is a must have in my book. Doesn’t take much to leave a phone in a car…

Did anyone look at/order good all weather floor mats for RHD MY? Either here in UK or from US? I have just ordered my laminars via myus.com. If there is anyone selling good RHD all weather mats in US (highly unlikely I guess), I am thinking it would be good to get everything delivered as a single package by myus.com!

Did anyone look at/order good all weather floor mats for RHD MY? Either here in UK or from US? I have just ordered my laminars via myus.com. If there is anyone selling good RHD all weather mats in US (highly unlikely I guess), I am thinking it would be good to get everything delivered as a single package by myus.com!
After someone else gave me a tip Ive ordered a set from tesery.com. £130 for full set of 3D mats with free delivery. Based in China so delivery won't be until mid/late Feb (assuming they turn up!)

Reactions: Campi and sakethcr
Hey everyone … been frustrated as I ordered on day 1, LR Black, White and 19 - but transferred to a lease co. Not heard a squeak until an hour ago and I get this:

Tesla Update - Your vehicle is on the way. Your arrival date is being calculated and you will be notified via SMS when your vehicle is scheduled for delivery. For now, please familiarise yourself with the features of your Model Y by watching our introduction videos via your Tesla app. Your order reference is RNxxxxxc. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

So ..for us lease people.. they seem to be on a boat .. somewhere…
I didn't order on Day 1 (when was that?) but I ordered on 24th Nov. MY LR, Midnight Silver, Black seats, 19" Gemini. The RN was then transferred to the leasing company. Since then, I have heard very little. So, this morning I gave Tesla a buzz for more info. They told that no VIN has been assigned and that I will probably receive the car in early March. Presumably people with the identical spec will be in the same boat (excuse the pun).

Hey everyone … been frustrated as I ordered on day 1, LR Black, White and 19 - but transferred to a lease co. Not heard a squeak until an hour ago and I get this:

Tesla Update - Your vehicle is on the way. Your arrival date is being calculated and you will be notified via SMS when your vehicle is scheduled for delivery. For now, please familiarise yourself with the features of your Model Y by watching our introduction videos via your Tesla app. Your order reference is RNxxxxxc. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

So ..for us lease people.. they seem to be on a boat .. somewhere…
Just received the same txt too. My lease company Lex still showing stock date for 11/02 so assuming it will be towards end of Feb for delivery. Just have to be patient.

Reactions: Zanbar

Mirrors my experience. They were interested in Southampton show but failing that, get to the back of the queue!

Its a bit of a stretch to say Tesla Guildford is a short train ride fro Waterloo. Tesla have stuck this Service Centre in the middle of nowhere half way between Guildford and Godalming!

But If you did that it wouldn’t have locked anyway?
Correct. It will not lock the car but when you leave the car and enter again you have to enter the pin again even when the phone is in the car. I have the pin on my model 3 purely for safety. My son and his friends play netflix, YouTube etc when I take them to football training and they wait for me to help pack up after. It only takes a child to pull the leaver and press the accelerator. I leave the phone in the car when they are in it as the alarm lock the doors and plays music full volume as well as the alarm. My younger son was very upset when it happened to him as its not pleasant for whoever is in the car.

Am I right in recalling some users' sharing their battery of the car. How on earth did you manage to get that? Surely all the onboard cars are not communicating outbound reliably via the ship's VSAT connection. Or did misread something?

Also just in:

SMS: "Tesla Update - Your vehicle is on the way. Your arrival date is being calculated and you will be notified by SMS when your vehicle is scheduled for delivery. For now, please familiarise yourself with the features of your Model Y by watching our introduction videos via your Tesla app. Your order ref is RN*******."
The ships sometimes could come close enough to land, and if they have a GSM repeater it’s possible they just went on LTE…