Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received this too...what does it mean?

I was told delivery between 17th Feb and 3rd March...still none the wiser and need to trade my current car in...

I am in receipt of VIN too!
If your car is on one of the ships arriving within 10 days, you should have been notified.... if you have not heard, it's probable it could be on the SFL COMPOSER - Southampton 23 Feb, or the MSC IMMACOLATA arriving 28th Feb.
Once these pass the Suez.... we should know by the 15-18th Feb

Reactions: Drforty7
Guess we're just unlucky and they predicted everyone would most pick another colour. You ordered a whole month before me, so I expect I may be still a little way down the queue.

Meanwhile keep seeing people on this thread ordering a week (-ish) ago and getting VIN already. Dammit Tesla!
Finally got the 'your vehicle is on the way' SMS ! (No VIN yet, but being lease that's not so easy to get yet). progress feels good anyway 👍

(Blue/black/geminis, nov12, lease)

Reactions: hairysteve
Just received this text:
"Tesla Update - Your Model Y License Plate is XX71 XXX Please note that we do not complete the registration process with the DVLA until the day of delivery, for now you can use the make and model to obtain your insurance. Don't forget to familiarise yourself with the features of your Model Y by watching our introduction videos via your Tesla app. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP."

Obviously blanking my plate.
Collection on 17th at Loch Fyne.
White/black/19"

Reactions: RichardTheKing
Long time reader, first time poster, gonna be picking up MYLR from Southampton on the 19th, very excited!

Keen to know of anyone else here is getting theirs from a third party lease company? Mines coming through Octopus, and I haven't been able to register the car through the online account or the app like these texts are saying, anyone having a similar experience?

MSM | Black Int | 20" induction, ordered late October.

Got a txt from Tesla tonight with my REG number so I can get insurance, and the site/app updated with their payment info for bank transfer (can be done in multiple payments). Sent a tenner as a test, updated the total in a couple hours.

Collecting on 23rd Feb (I don't care about March plates) from Bristol Delivery Hub, Banyard Rd. Hopefully there will be signs!

Reactions: Roarr
MSM | Black Int | 20" induction, ordered late October.

Got a txt from Tesla tonight with my REG number so I can get insurance, and the site/app updated with their payment info for bank transfer (can be done in multiple payments). Sent a tenner as a test, updated the total in a couple hours.

Collecting on 23rd Feb (I don't care about March plates) from Bristol Delivery Hub, Banyard Rd. Hopefully there will be signs!
I have an identical one but chose the 01st March...suspect I will be very envious of you less vain people with shiny new cars until then!

Long time reader, first time poster, gonna be picking up MYLR from Southampton on the 19th, very excited!

Keen to know of anyone else here is getting theirs from a third party lease company? Mines coming through Octopus, and I haven't been able to register the car through the online account or the app like these texts are saying, anyone having a similar experience?
Same through Tusker. The car should be transferred on the app within 24 hours. I need to charge on the way home so was advised to add payment details to my account. Hopefully that works otherwise I’ll need to find a third party charger.

I now have a collection date for my new MY - 19 Feb from Southampton. I have also been given info on the VIN and reg plate although Tesla state “Please note that we do not complete the registration process with the DVLA until the day of delivery”. They go on to say that I can use the make and model to obtain insurance, although that seems easier said than done!

Just received an SMS with car reg (for 19th pick up). I think everything except handover is sorted from Tesla side. Countdown begins..
All good here as well . Does anybody have any idea how long hand over will take?

I suspect it depends on how many points are on your vehicle handover to check build etc but there have been several mentions of a "big event" with food plus other stuff.

We have a 2+ hour drive after pickup at Southampton including collecting our daughter from Reading train station. Logistics may be a little complicated and it would be good to know if we should allow just an hour or is this going to be like changing mobiles and take all morning in Vodafone.