Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We test drove the Model Y at Newcastle this morning. It had the 20" wheels. I wasn't going to book a test drive as I'll be getting my delivery in a couple of weeks so it seemed pointless. However, after reading so many posts about the harsh crashiness of the 20" inductions, I booked a test drive and hoped I'd get one with the 20" wheels, which luckily I did.

Personally I found the ride no worse than my Ampera, and the road around Tesla Newcastle are riddled with badly patched pot-holes. Comparing it with my own car after the test drive, I believe the Model Y was smother and quieter over the bumps and holes in the road.

I'm glad I did the test drive, and I'm perfectly satisfied with my choice of 20" inductions, and have no intention of changing them. I'm just looking forward to delivery now.

View attachment 768677
View attachment 768678

View attachment 768679

View attachment 768680
Looks fantastic. Glad you enjoyed the test drive.

Does anyone know what spec MY’s are at Tesla Chelmsford? Test driving one myself there soon.

Reactions: Garry TheBiz
That's my car Whoop Whoop!

We test drove the Model Y at Newcastle this morning. It had the 20" wheels. I wasn't going to book a test drive as I'll be getting my delivery in a couple of weeks so it seemed pointless. However, after reading so many posts about the harsh crashiness of the 20" inductions, I booked a test drive and hoped I'd get one with the 20" wheels, which luckily I did.

Personally I found the ride no worse than my Ampera, and the road around Tesla Newcastle are riddled with badly patched pot-holes. Comparing it with my own car after the test drive, I believe the Model Y was smother and quieter over the bumps and holes in the road.

I'm glad I did the test drive, and I'm perfectly satisfied with my choice of 20" inductions, and have no intention of changing them. I'm just looking forward to delivery now.

View attachment 768677
View attachment 768678

View attachment 768679

View attachment 768680
That is my exact spec 😍

This is a 2021 model so will also have a marginally smaller battery too. I think most of us have 2022 VIN's don't we? I know I do..
I think this is speculative. No-one knows exactly when specs rollout to the production line. The year of manufacture is just that.. its not a build version. One could argue the chinese new year date might have been more important as any re-tooling could have been done over the shutdown.

I think this is speculative. No-one knows exactly when specs rollout to the production line. The year of manufacture is just that.. its not a build version. One could argue the chinese new year date might have been more important as any re-tooling could have been done over the shutdown.
I'm not sure the new year is an option as there will be no one there to carry out the changes - my understanding is it is a total shutdown.

Not that any changes are required for the battery change, I believe it's a direct fit replacement.

Hi Folks,
Does anyone know the best way to contact Tesla regarding getting insights on Model Y delivery timing on the UK? I ordered Nov 1st, got the "prepare for delivery" Jan 7th, and since then it's been saying "We are drafting up your invoice and will contact you to arrange your final payment." which is perhaps normal, however the standard Tesla UK hotline +44 1628 450660 seems to only deal with online shop orders (not cars) - which didn't help much. I've noticed some people on the forum seem to be having luck speaking to Tesla about their order. Thanks for any insights here.
Spec below:
Model Y Long Range All-Wheel Drive
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior

Hi Folks,
Does anyone know the best way to contact Tesla regarding getting insights on Model Y delivery timing on the UK? I ordered Nov 1st, got the "prepare for delivery" Jan 7th, and since then it's been saying "We are drafting up your invoice and will contact you to arrange your final payment." which is perhaps normal, however the standard Tesla UK hotline +44 1628 450660 seems to only deal with online shop orders (not cars) - which didn't help much. I've noticed some people on the forum seem to be having luck speaking to Tesla about their order. Thanks for any insights here.
Spec below:
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Five Seat Interior
Reply to the text - they ( a human!) get back to you in a day or so.

Hi Folks,
Spec below:
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Five Seat Interior