Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here, Day 1 order - zilch - no estimated delivery - nothing - it’s radio silence - it’s as if we are on the naughty step. CS have said this week we should hear something - I will be surprised if we do. Unless they have not started allocating second boat. I saw many people getting allocations for the last week <- unless these are from the 1st boat 🤷🏽‍♂️
According to Mr Miserable in the Shipping Movements thread, there are a couple of ships with Teslas on arriving at Southampton on 6th and 10th March (RCC AMSTERDAM and MORNING CARINA respectively) so these cars won't have been allocated yet: 2022 Shipping Movements

Hi everyone,

So this is all my opinion following my test drive this morning…..it is a bit disappointing:

Test drive location: Birmingham
Test drive config: All black MY, Gemini Wheels - Front only double glazed, AMD chip, no heated window wipers, no parcel shelf
VIN: LRWYHCEK8MC195xxx

What I liked:
Still has the pick up feel of a tesla
Definitely big enough for a family of 4
Way better driving position as well as entry and exit heights than the M3.

What I disliked:
Rattles!!!!! - This demo vehicle rattled worse than my awful Vauxhall Crossland X rental car. Honestly: Passenger side door had a rattle, somewhere around the passenger sun visor had a rattle and the back seats had a rattle…WTF! Spoke with the Rep and he said well these cars have been battered by demoing them, in which I replied “I am driving a rental car mate, nothing gets battered more than a rental car and it has got a single rattle!”
Turning Circle: I know the M3 has its limitations but the extra length of the Y really exaggerated the very poor turning circle - My wife is going to hate this.
Suspension - I was on Gemini’s which after speaking with the other test drive customer who had the red on induction wheels sounds like a blessing - he had a M3 on 19”s and said the ride is definitely worse - his son did not like it at all
Heat pump - Having had an M3 for 2 months back in 2019 I did not know how much noise a heat pump made - very disappointed in this.

And the notorious: Lack of parcel - My god if ever a car needed a parcel shelf it is this one. Only people with Dog babies could disagree with having one fitted. The amount of boom from the open back with the added glass roof is really exaggerated as every rear suspension bang and knock is heard. Seriously I cannot believe it hasn’t got one already - it is going to be the first accessory I buy - Note: Rep said to me that it is part of the minimalistic look….Sod off!

So all in all I am now a little less excited about Saturday I am afraid. I hope the 2022 cars address some of my frustrations and that we are able to some how get an official parcel shelf fitted.

Cheers
So should Tesla put you down as a maybe purchaser :D

• Funny
Reactions: VX Foxy
Just to second this, I've been told the same...time will tell :)
As I understand this is the MY factory fit. You just buy the towing bracket that slots in, simples, but appently its a rather expensive bracket. Will check tomorrow if the test model has one hidden behind the bumper?

Attachments

• images.jpeg.jpg
    images.jpeg.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: hairysteve
Maybe I'm just a bit of a pushover but every car I've ever owned has had faults. Whether the Y's ride is firm on 20's or a parcel shelf would improve the sound deadening I'm sure it will be absolutely fine albeit not perfect. Sill looking forward to getting mine 👍
Think a rather heavy rubber mat in the boot floor would be better than plastic lid over the boot

Thanks. I just spoke to them and they said they are still waiting for a piece of documentation from Zenith before a car can be allocated. Spoke to Zenith straight after who said not sure what documentation they are referring to and as far as they are aware they have submitted everything.

Hate situations like these! Not sure what to do know except sit tight...
Any further news on your situation? I seem to be in the exact same situation with Zenith. I am hoping that it is just a case of Zenith only releasing the 'money/authorization' on certain dates in the month

Maybe I'm just a bit of a pushover but every car I've ever owned has had faults. Whether the Y's ride is firm on 20's or a parcel shelf would improve the sound deadening I'm sure it will be absolutely fine albeit not perfect. Sill looking forward to getting mine 👍
Completely agree. Before I joined this forum I was just excited, I wasn’t worried or even aware about all these supposed issues, blissful ignorance. I think I may spend a bit less time checking the forums and go back to just patiently waiting and let the excitement build rather than think every little thing is a disaster

Any further news on your situation? I seem to be in the exact same situation with Zenith. I am hoping that it is just a case of Zenith only releasing the 'money/authorization' on certain dates in the month
I'm leasing via Select Car Leasing (which itself appears to be via Lex). Just spoke to Tesla who said they are not authorised to talk to me by Lex. I took that to mean that a car hasn't been allocated yet as Lex may not have completed their side of the order 😔

Not sure if you folks saw this. Sorry of its old news. Tesla model Y missing self driving chip
I think it's relatively recent news but has been posted before. We are so far from having FSD in the UK with regulatory and practical hurdles that I doubt cars being produced now are likely to ever need it. If those hurdles are all overcome in the life of these cars then I'm sure Tesla will be happy to retrofit whatever chips are needed at the time. Not really anything to be concerned over imo.

Reactions: Bunes and drewpost
Positivity please folks. Model Y is still the best car in its class out there and I am sure we are all looking forward to driving them.

Let's not let the perfect become the enemy of the very good. If there are any issues we can get Tesla to fix them or spend a little bit more and resolve the issues ourselves.
Totally agreed. My dad in France bought a model Y and I drove it over Christmas for a few days. Its an amazing car. I ordered mine in the U.K. shortly after. It’s not more noisy than my Volvo XC90. The drive is firmer but very nice - sporty feeling. The efficiency is amazing. The speed is amazing. Not sure what people are complaining about !