Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any further news on your situation? I seem to be in the exact same situation with Zenith. I am hoping that it is just a case of Zenith only releasing the 'money/authorization' on certain dates in the month

I gave up after a few days as I was just going round in circles. When I spoke to Tesla most recently, even though he couldn't speak to me in detail because of the authorisation stuff, he did confirm it would be delivered in March. So I think everything is in hand and its just a case of waiting for Tesla to start allocating the next batch which I think will be some time this week.

I agree. I bought Tesla's 'all weather' boot liner - primarily for wet and muddy dogs but no doubt it will also dampen any unwanted sounds a bit.
Same here. If not there is always Spotfy 😵‍💫

I’ll drive the car home without them and then stick them in when I get home and go for another spin to see if it makes any difference. Although I suspect the whole drive home will be noisy enough with my Daugher pressing the whoopee cushion button all the way 😂

In daily life I drive the car with music on and I’m not listening for car noises all the time, so I’m sure things will be just fine.

The irony will be if you fit an after market parcel shelf and then start hearing rattling noises 🤦🏻‍♂️ 😂

I gave up after a few days as I was just going round in circles. When I spoke to Tesla most recently, even though he couldn't speak to me in detail because of the authorisation stuff, he did confirm it would be delivered in March. So I think everything is in hand and its just a case of waiting for Tesla to start allocating the next batch which I think will be some time this week.
When did you place your order with Zenith?

I’ll drive the car home without them and then stick them in when I get home and go for another spin to see if it makes any difference. Although I suspect the whole drive home will be noisy enough with my Daugher pressing the whoopee cushion button all the way 😂

In daily life I drive the car with music on and I’m not listening for car noises all the time, so I’m sure things will be just fine.

The irony will be if you fit an after market parcel shelf and then start hearing rattling noises 🤦🏻‍♂️ 😂
🤣 same. I'm more concerned about my music library being playable. A lot of concerns/issues are trivial and tbh wait and see. I would be seriously piss#d if the supercharger wasn't working at 2 in the morning.

Just fresh from a test drive this morning. I have to say I was shocked how good the Y is. We test drove EQC , BMW etc and the Tesla wins hands down for me with an outstanding package. Anyone getting one should be looking forward to it as it really is a superb vehicle. I have just ordered mine with expected delivery in May.
I ordered a BMW ix3 back in September paid deposit and then told they had sold it and would I like to buy another for £3000 more!

Reactions: Js1977
getting ready for 8th march, just sold my Land Rover to Evans Hallshaw who gave by far the best price !

Does anyone know how soon I should get my new reg number so I can sort my insurance out next in preparation for the 8th 😁 ?

I ordered a black base spec MY on 7th Feb. Expected delivery is saying march. Do you think this is realistic?
I think if you have any delivery estimate shown you're probably ok. Some of us waiting since oct, CS can tell us "expected march" but website just says "prepare for del

I wonder how many parcel shelves have been sold because someone on the internet made a big deal out of there not being one. You have it right- get the car, do what makes sense for you alone, based on direct experience, not the interwebs :)

We test drove the Model Y at Newcastle this morning. It had the 20" wheels. I wasn't going to book a test drive as I'll be getting my delivery in a couple of weeks so it seemed pointless. However, after reading so many posts about the harsh crashiness of the 20" inductions, I booked a test drive and hoped I'd get one with the 20" wheels, which luckily I did.

Personally I found the ride no worse than my Ampera, and the road around Tesla Newcastle are riddled with badly patched pot-holes. Comparing it with my own car after the test drive, I believe the Model Y was smother and quieter over the bumps and holes in the road.

I'm glad I did the test drive, and I'm perfectly satisfied with my choice of 20" inductions, and have no intention of changing them. I'm just looking forward to delivery now.

IMG_20220213_120149.jpg

IMG_20220213_120157.jpg

IMG_20220213_120206.jpg

IMG_20220213_120213.jpg

We test drove the Model Y at Newcastle this morning. It had the 20" wheels. I wasn't going to book a test drive as I'll be getting my delivery in a couple of weeks so it seemed pointless. However, after reading so many posts about the harsh crashiness of the 20" inductions, I booked a test drive and hoped I'd get one with the 20" wheels, which luckily I did.

Personally I found the ride no worse than my Ampera, and the road around Tesla Newcastle are riddled with badly patched pot-holes. Comparing it with my own car after the test drive, I believe the Model Y was smother and quieter over the bumps and holes in the road.

I'm glad I did the test drive, and I'm perfectly satisfied with my choice of 20" inductions, and have no intention of changing them. I'm just looking forward to delivery now.

View attachment 768677
View attachment 768678

View attachment 768679

View attachment 768680
we test drove that same car and thought exactly the same, not sure where everyone going with this harsh ride talk !