Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thanks for these, did you consider just sticking the front plate on also ?
Yeah, I did consider that it but looks much better anyway just stuck onto the backplate. Also looks a bit tricky to get a sticky one on without a lot of patience.
You can only ‘stick’ a flexible stick on number plate there, as the body is curved in all 3 axis, so you can’t stick a rigid plastic plate straight to the bodywork at the front.
Back is easy enough. 👍🏻

Reactions: s7gpt and VX Foxy
It seems the word "spectacular" was first referenced in this thread on January 20th. It was a word used by somebody working at Tesla in Dartford to try to encourage travelling to the Southampton collection event. I've seen this referenced many times in the thread as some sort of running joke. Perhaps as if Tesla (as some sort of single entity) promised too much for the events. I can't help but get the feeling some people set themselves up for disappointment by echoing what one dude in Dartford said. Or were more claims of this nature made? :D
Yes that’s right… it was the email they sent me and I mentioned in here and on Facebook and it seemed to stick.

Guilty as charged m’lud

I was told when they called me my car had over 70% (last Friday), collected today with 32%. Not good that they just made the 70% up, poor CS. Anyway, car is awesome, really happy. Note that might help some as I didn’t know, If you use the route home via superchargers they ignore the non supercharger's at Fleet services (maybe because they are not they high KW ones?), managed to charge up there for 20 mins, busy but no queue. Weather has been absolutely pants so will post another picture when it’s dry.

Attachments

• 69F4F18E-982B-4326-8C0A-BB3E29FA7918.jpeg
    69F4F18E-982B-4326-8C0A-BB3E29FA7918.jpeg
    602.6 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: Bunes and olej24
Yeah I’m kind of glad I passed now for a 22 plate seems the “spectacular “ was absolutely nada
What I would say is that it was nice to have a decent first drive home rather just a short hop from Bluewater or somewhere.
I think it should be pretty much similar, 19 a little bit more comfortable, the most important difference is the cost and the style: £2k black style Vs saving 2k and OK style. Money will depend of how much you are prepare to spend and style cannot really be compared because it depends of what like people or not.
19’s are awesome in the flesh. Totally love the Gemini covers which DO NOT look like cheap covers.

20’s look ok too. I think it might depend whether you silver or black wheels.

Right, removed the number plate frames front and rear and got the private plates on the mode Y. I stuck my new front number plate to the original back plate holder on the car and the rear straight on the body.

Anyone considering doing this you need 20 mins and;
1) A Phillips screwdriver.
2) A “T20” star drive to get the rear backplate off the car (T20? say what?)

Can post pics of result of anyone is interested.
Yes please 🙏🏻 thanks 👍🏻

Yes that’s right… it was the email they sent me and I mentioned in here and on Facebook and it seemed to stick.

Guilty as charged m’lord
You weren’t the only one, I was told “spectacular” and “stuff happening to make not waiting for the 22 plate well worth my while” by two different CS reps.

As an investor and a fan it troubles and baffles me how far the Customer Service team is behind the world-beating Engineering team. The Model Y is no longer just for early adopters. But the car itself and the software is amazing, that SHOULD be the hard bit!!

“Spectacular” did set an expectation however given the weather, I imagine anyone collecting was just hoping for an uneventful journey there and back. Some thing the opposite of throwing the keys at you when you turn up is an expensive red carpet treatment with champagne in the boot and a personal 30 mins slot with a technician to explain the controls (although, let’s face it, that would only cost £50 if you forgot the champagne). However I’m just a little envious of those picking one up, they look good !!!

I picked up the Y at Southampton today. It was a good well planned for event where they kept upping the anticipation with each 'room' you went into. Finally I picked it up and the weather was not easy to check out the paint work, noticed a small minor scratch once it dried when I got home.

Apart from that all was good. Winchester 10am Monday for the service to look at it, so can't complain. Especially as some folks had their delivery cancelled as they were written off from falling debris yesterday. Anyway Home now and I called her 'Dracarys' as it is the command for dragons to breathe fore in Game of Thrones and it has a CAR and Y next to each other.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 18.55.15.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 18.55.15.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 48
I picked up the Y at Southampton today. It was a good well planned for event where they kept upping the anticipation with each 'room' you went into. Finally I picked it up and the weather was not easy to check out the paint work, noticed a small minor scratch once it dried when I got home.

Apart from that all was good. Winchester 10am Monday for the service to look at it, so can't complain. Especially as some folks had their delivery cancelled as they were written off from falling debris yesterday. Anyway Home now and I called her 'Dracarys' as it is the command for dragons to breathe fore in Game of Thrones and it has a CAR and Y next to each other.
Breathe FIRE I meant...not yelling Fore like in golf... ugh delirious from all the excitement.

Suggestions for alternate quieter superchargers on way back to London? Does the in car system give a sense of how busy a s/charger is?
Well if the system gives you the option to stop it means there is availability. If it does not show go anyway and wait in line.
There was a model S with two Tesla kind guys that directed somehow the line.
150kw/h charger charged me 225 miles in 30/40 mins.

Reactions: RichardTheKing