Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Worth passing on that Ys are being released from Southampton with only 34% charge.

I stood for a while in large queue for seven london bound chargers, (Fleet?) with only a few miles range left, I gave up as not dressed for the cold. Am now putting in 24mph at Camberley Tescos.

If Tesla keep trying to release 1, 000 undercharged cars in a day, suggest bringing good winter outdoor clothes & an umberella for the long supercharger queues.

Or else research non Tesla chargers nearby.

Or else plan hang around Southampton until very late. Disapointing start to the wonders of electric driving.

Worth passing on that Ys are being released from Southampton with only 34% charge.

I stood for a while in large queue for seven london bound chargers, (Fleet?) with only a few miles range left, I gave up as not dressed for the cold. Am now putting in 24mph at Camberley Tescos.

If Tesla keep trying to release 1, 000 undercharged cars in a day, suggest bringing good winter outdoor clothes & an umberella for the long supercharger queues.

Or else research non Tesla chargers nearby.

Or else plan hang around Southampton until very late. Disapointing start to the wonders of electric driving.
30-40 seems to be what they all are. Same in Bristol

I picked up the Y at Southampton today. It was a good well planned for event where they kept upping the anticipation with each 'room' you went into. Finally I picked it up and the weather was not easy to check out the paint work, noticed a small minor scratch once it dried when I got home.

Apart from that all was good. Winchester 10am Monday for the service to look at it, so can't complain. Especially as some folks had their delivery cancelled as they were written off from falling debris yesterday. Anyway Home now and I called her 'Dracarys' as it is the command for dragons to breathe fore in Game of Thrones and it has a CAR and Y next to each other.
Oh if anyone just types in the address they text you in waze be careful it doesn't send you to Bournemouth LOL luckily I spotted it when my daughter said 2 hours from Basingstoke... LOL

What a great car! I was expecting larger M3 (after owning M3), but it is a better more premium car in my opinion. The UI is very different, the ride feels very different, the space is huge. After a 2 hours drive from Southampton, I'm very happy so far. Seems to be just the perfect car!
I saw the carwow review where Matt started with calling model Y as an enlarged model 3. After a test drive, I genuinely realized how biased carwow was against Tesla, so start watching more Rory on autotrader and Bjorn Nyland. Model Y definitely feels premium and is an absolute steal at £60k. There is no other equivalent EV SUV from anyone else at that price point.

For you or anyone that's had the boost in the past is it worth it? 1.5K for a 0.5sec shaving off 0-60 seems not, but maybe i'm just boring

I bought it for my Model 3 and don't regret it at all. But I'm an acceleration freak, the type who slightly regrets not geting the Performance Model 3. Totally understand why people would find it too expensive, but I think it's well worth it if you'll really enjoy the extra acceleration. It's not just the 0-60mph that feels significantly faster, it's also very noticeable from a roll. Same would apply for the Model Y, it would be an instant purchase for me.

Reactions: drewpost and Roarr