Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke with a Tesla rep this afternoon, date provided was more likely to be 20th March at either Southampton or Bluewater locations for all London and South East deliveries. I’ve requested a home delivery as a result as I’ve sold my trade in vehicle and no real easy way to get to either location for me 😀. Home delivery isn’t a guarantee but they will try their best as it’s a complimentary service.

As an update I’ve just received a text this evening offering collection dates from Southampton between 17-19th March, I’ve selected 19th for now and will speak with Tesla tomorrow about home delivery again. Don’t have the registration for the car yet so can’t start looking at insurance. Didn’t have any issues or delays cancelling my trade in, it just moved to a cash payment instead on my account.

I had my logbook come through the post today. I noticed the power and then compared with the performance model 3. This is interesting...View attachment 772978

Here’s my M3LR
320CA9B2-1B94-4AA3-B236-DD92BA34BA47.jpeg

I’m guessing the Y has a more powerful motor to mitigate the increased weight?

It happens regularly in my work car around (2020 Polo Gti) also in 'regular' driving mode, no cruise control on etc.
This was the fundamental problem we had with the VW, there was no way to opt out and it was just plain dangerous. We'd be cruising at 70, pull out to overtake and it would slam on the brakes when a car was behind us etc. We forced our way out of the lease, threatened to take legal action and they got us out.

must say this phantom braking issue is really starting me to think if this is the right purchase at the moment !
I've had an M3 for 2.5 yrs and do a reasonable amount of motorway driving. I use both adaptive cruise and auto lane keeping a lot, as in roughly 80% of my longer journeys. It is significantly less stressful than normal driving, though you need to pay attention.

Every now and then (once a week roughly for me) the car thinks there is an issue and it slows down. As you weren't expecting it it feels quite dramatic. You instinctively correct the car by pressing the throttle, which cancels the slowing down and order returns.

I'd prefer it didn't happen, but given the number of Teslas on the roads if it were a both common occurance and also caused actual accidents you'd be reading about it in the papers.

On balance the tech is a boon and I can live with the odd issue, though of course your mileage may vary as is shown by some of the other responses 😏

Don't let it worry you so much. I've had an M3 for 2.5 yrs and do a reasonable amount of motorway driving. I use both adaptive cruise and auto lane keeping a lot, as in roughly 80% of my longer journeys. It is significantly less stressful than normal driving, though you need to pay attention.

Every now and then (once a week roughly for me) the car thinks there is an issue and it slows down but as you weren't expecting it, so it feels quite dramatic. You instinctively correct the car by pressing the throttle, which cancels the slowing down and order returns.

I'd prefer it didn't happen, but given the number of Teslas on the roads if it were a common occurance and caused issues you'd be reading about it in the papers.

On balance the tech is a boon and I can live with the odd issue, though of course your mileage may vary 😏
Tesla investigated over 'phantom braking' problem (5 days ago) :p

must say this phantom braking issue is really starting me to think if this is the right purchase at the moment !
There's no right answer to this as it's very much an individual choice but for me, having owned a car that did it from another make, I decided it wasn't really that big a deal. As other people have posted it's more an illustration of how far we are from FSD being a reality but, if you accept that you still need to pay almost as much attention as without any aids, then not surprising if/when it happens. The price of progress 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: VX Foxy
Anyone had an update on the Model Y tow hitch?
When I ordered on 12 Feb I was told they weren’t available yet