Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered yesterday and booked my service for mid March. They took my money so I’m assuming it will be fitted, but will wait to see!

Own up, whose is this?

Screenshot 2022-02-24 at 06.58.09.png

New windscreen and some T-Cut and the Tesla will be back on the road but the tree will become firewood :p
I don't know -
You might be able to grow a new tree quicker than getting a new windscreen for the Tesla.
Pop the tree in a pot and it'll be fine - the Tesla is scrap.
Which would burn longest?
Now you know why they use a one foot rollout for acceleration figures...
:D

I've had an M3 for 2.5 yrs and do a reasonable amount of motorway driving. I use both adaptive cruise and auto lane keeping a lot, as in roughly 80% of my longer journeys. It is significantly less stressful than normal driving, though you need to pay attention.

Every now and then (once a week roughly for me) the car thinks there is an issue and it slows down. As you weren't expecting it it feels quite dramatic. You instinctively correct the car by pressing the throttle, which cancels the slowing down and order returns.

I'd prefer it didn't happen, but given the number of Teslas on the roads if it were a both common occurance and also caused actual accidents you'd be reading about it in the papers.

On balance the tech is a boon and I can live with the odd issue, though of course your mileage may vary as is shown by some of the other responses 😏

This is the delivery thread and there are plenty of other discussions on Autopilot but worth pointing out that your experience is based on a car with radar and vision. All new MYs and M3s being delivered to the UK are vision only (no radar hardware installed).

Experience from markets where these vehicles are already in mass circulation (mainland Europe and the US) is that vision only produces far more phantom brake events than your car will.

Great thanks
That wasn’t there last time I looked

Just tried to order it & it says it isn’t compatible with any of my cars!

Ordered a Model Y, but not had delivery yet