Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I looked at this it did not make too much of a difference... 7.5p for a few hours but the daily rate increased 5P (£0.25 > £0.30Pence).
Assuming I used 200 Kw per month for the car and only in the low tariff window - which I doubt I would was £10 saving at best..
0.30 *300Kw £90
0.25 *300Kw £75
0.075 *200Kw £15 - Car
0.25 *200Kw £50 - Car

Standard difference (+) £15, (-)Car £35 = £20 - only if I charged in the 4 hrs window...
That's correct, the off peak difference is nominal. However, I believe the peak day rate is around 0.32p kWh. The tariff they have stuck me on is 23.7p kWh and daily standing charge of 17.55p

Picked up Y LR, Blue/Black/ Geminis - last Wednesday in Bristol.

Site was quite hard to find as no signage. Guys there very chilled, helpful, take as much time as you need. Quick flash of driving licence to show you are the expected person, do a finger wiggle on a phone screen to "sign" for delivery - and that was it. Showed me the charge cables (don't forget there need to be two) and the cards were in the car.

Car was - to my eyes - perfect. Paint was flawless, panel gaps and alignment spot on. Interior slightly dirty (driver seat and carpets), but given the rain understandable. No paper floor mats or seat cover - which one might expect given a £55k car.

Huge compound so could drive around and get a feel for the car - just as well, as the regen braking takes a bit of getting used to. As does the acceleration. LR is quick - can't imagine what the P is like, let alone a Plaid.

Car had about 80 miles of charge, so went to the Bridgend superchargers at Sarn. Easy peasy for a newbie - charged about 150 miles in 25 minutes.

Polished and waxed on the weekend - which I would encourage everyone to do. The water based paint, whilst pretty and well applied, is soft so needs protection immediately.

All in all, the delivery experience was fine, car was in pretty much perfection condition, and is definitely exceeding my hopes for it. If you are waiting for one, remember the cliche that you tend to hear more from people who had a poor experience than a good one. Be excited for yours - because it is even better than you hoped!

When I looked at this it did not make too much of a difference... 7.5p for a few hours but the daily rate increased 5P (£0.25 > £0.30Pence).
Assuming I used 200 Kw per month for the car and only in the low tariff window - which I doubt I would was £10 saving at best..
0.30 *300Kw £90
0.25 *300Kw £75
0.075 *200Kw £15 - Car
0.25 *200Kw £50 - Car

Standard difference (+) £15, (-)Car £35 = £20 - only if I charged in the 4 hrs window...
Yep same here.
In 22 days we’ve done 666 miles and “used” 271 kWh (its 80% charged at the moment, so actually used approx 208 ish kWh).
Average driving. I guess 12,000 miles a year for us.
The dual rate makes it much cheaper to charge your car - but significantly increases the cost of our household use, which is about 4 times more than the car uses; so more expensive to have a cheap night rate in our case. And potentially more limited charging window, which we’d exceed if going on a long trip and go into the expensive zone!
Also it’s nice just being able to plug it it anytime when you get home.
We’re on SSE fixed rate of 16p a kWh till July.
After that we’ll be put on the govt. capped rate, whatever that is….? so this could all change for us !
£60 a month do do 1,000 miles.
- I’m loving the running costs so far !
Also our max range shows 326 miles.
Is this normal? Though it’d show 331. At least at first!
(The “home” and “other” below are all at home - my wife didn’t set our home as home in the car until a few days after we got the car.)

7FE0064A-8122-4385-B0D5-F5D391CD0D3F.png

Picked up mine from TC last friday and just got it back from the garage after having the wheels done. After mulling over the Gemini, Induction, rimetrix conundrum i stuck with the Gemini and had them powder coated in satin black. Delighted with the results for a lot less than the inductions and not that much more than the Rimetrix.

View attachment 778499
If I had these wheel I'd probably do the same.... they look good.

Yep same here.
In 22 days we’ve done 666 miles and “used” 271 kWh (its 80% charged at the moment, so actually used approx 208 ish kWh).
Average driving. I guess 12,000 miles a year for us.
The dual rate makes it much cheaper to charge your car - but significantly increases the cost of our household use, which is about 4 times more than the car uses; so more expensive to have a cheap night rate in our case. And potentially more limited charging window, which we’d exceed if going on a long trip and go into the expensive zone!
Also it’s nice just being able to plug it it anytime when you get home.
We’re on SSE fixed rate of 16p a kWh till July.
After that we’ll be put on the govt. capped rate, whatever that is….? so this could all change for us !
£60 a month do do 1,000 miles.
- I’m loving the running costs so far !
Also our max range shows 326 miles.
Is this normal? Though it’d show 331. At least at first!
(The “home” and “other” below are all at home - my wife didn’t set our home as home in the car until a few days after we got the car.)

View attachment 778652
You should look around, it will go up in April and October, you could be better off jumping now rather then July - you will have to do some investigation.... Hopefully in a year things will settle down to sub 20p figures....

Picked up mine from TC last friday and just got it back from the garage after having the wheels done. After mulling over the Gemini, Induction, rimetrix conundrum i stuck with the Gemini and had them powder coated in satin black. Delighted with the results for a lot less than the inductions and not that much more than the Rimetrix.

View attachment 778499
Looks great. Did you powder coat the brake calipers as well (or) were they RED from Tesla ?
Could you possibly share the costs for getting the powder coat done ? - thanks

Sadly still no update on my delivery :(

I had an email (via the leasing company) over night that Tesla are awaiting the on-Site team to give the go-head for delivery though they have no ETA or further details.

Had to cancel the insurance polices and left frantically checking my phone every few minutes now.

Unfortunately much worse things are happening in the world at the moment, yet it would be nice to speak with an actual person to find out what the true story with my car is - is this a few days delay or weeks (hopefully not months). :rolleyes:

Still nice to hear and see the pictures on here - sounds like it will be worth the wait!

Reactions: foxtru
One week in and, to be honest, it is just a phenomenal car. Loving it. Just to prove that everyday is a learning day, I just discovered, via someone's post on here, that if you lift the board in the boot that is placed directly behind the rear seats (not the one nearer the boot lid), there is a shallow space that is perfect for storing the cables (assuming that you don't want regular access to them). Frees up the frunk and the lower trunk for more useful stuff and keeps the cables safe. :) thanks to whoever posted that

Just to add that they made sure the car was showing as delivered and that my app had updated. They had 22 reg model Ys and 3s everywhere and while we were there another loader turned up. Our car had been cleaned and they were charging it when we turned up. They told us to make an appointment so that a few blemishes could be sorted and they’ll provide a loaner.

We picked up our Y today at Glasgow. The advisors are super friendly and helpful. It was a great experience.

They were a couple of marks which I’ve booked in and they have a body shop on site. Otherwise the car was flawless and the build quality is as good as our 2019 VW Tiguan.

We’ve had a fantastic experience overall and it was so much better than our previous car purchases.
What colour, i think we might be the only two in town?