Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am picking up one week today, MY leased through Lexlease. Can anyone confirm if I am able to use the app with all the functions such as setting temperatures, summon ect.

Mine is a lex auto lease. All major features are present on the app that were on my Model 3.

Missing is:

• Charging stats
  • Ability to add other app users
  • Ability to buy acceleration boost etc

Can confirm that premium connectivity says ‘included in package’ so assume it’s covered for the whole lease term.

Reactions: Garygjo
Model Y order... Asked for finance.. No reply.. Then they asked 'Leics or Bluewater' I said Leics.. 2 weeks later "your car will be ready at bluewater" Part Ex offer comes in after 2 weeks "£14,500" cars worth £20k. Tried to call "you are in a queue and we are very busy today, call wait times in excess of 20mins) So far awful experience especially as I'm about to drop nearly £60k. How are things going to be when I again try to contact Tesla if I have a problem. I just dont really get this woeful lack of abiity to communicate with them. I feel a mug. probably going to cancel the order....

Reactions: roadcred
Beautiful colour mate, hope the car is perfect
Just got home, and it was an absolute positive experience.

Things I thought I would miss like the HUD didn't even phase me as it was in my peripheral vision. Now it is outside, the colour is fantastic. The interior was spotless, and they even left a dirty rag for me on the rear floor:D.

Watched this vid
yesterday, so had a good idea of the controls.

I was naughty and got there very early and did a physical check and then went to the front desk at 09:30, and they let me in even though I had a 10:30 slot, which was great as I was at the Supercharger as vehicle 2. It was getting very busy quickly.

They do go give you a week to report any issues, so unless you see something major it makes sense to get to the charger asap if you need the range.

Note, the battery was set to charge to 60% on our MY which was fine as it meant I was only there for 20min and made space for the next person.

Will take some photo's when the sun pops in.

Finally got my Final Invoice, confirmation of VIN and registration number on invoice. Collect on 23rd from Bluewater. I was a 7.00 am 15th October customer, who couldn't collect on 17th February. At last, but my lasting memory this time is "if you can't take delivery we won't send you to the back of the queue"
I will not forget when Tesla opens up Superchargers to everybody in the UK. It remains the only valid reason to buy another Tesla.
You have my sympathy as the same happened to me. Ialso ordered on Day one, my famil's 5th Tesla. As I will own the car myself I wanted 22 reg, if I was leasing I wouldn't mind.

So I emailed and called to explain, asking for the car to be held for 2 weeks until the 1st. As I now know it was reallocated and I went into a queue again. I chased several times before finding I had a VIN, and now delivery in Bristol on the 17th.

I think demand for Tesla will exceed supply for many years yet. Model Y and Model 3 supply might meet demand in 12 to 18mths once Berlin and Texas ramp up, but then they'll introduce other models and create new demand.

So I am not holding my breath waiting for Tesla to switch off the pile them high, sell them high approach.

I'll be interested in the Lucid Air when it comes to the UK, but that's some way off and assumes they can get into volume production, not a given for them or Rivian.

Finally got my Final Invoice, confirmation of VIN and registration number on invoice. Collect on 23rd from Bluewater. I was a 7.00 am 15th October customer, who couldn't collect on 17th February. At last, but my lasting memory this time is "if you can't take delivery we won't send you to the back of the queue"
I will not forget when Tesla opens up Superchargers to everybody in the UK. It remains the only valid reason to buy another Tesla.
I mentioned this to them today that the process has been pretty poor and an unfair system. They didn't disagree that it has been hit-and-miss.

Once I was in front of the MY I forgave them as could not stop smiling like a kid at the sweet shop.

Things I thought I would miss like the HUD didn't even phase me as it was in my peripheral vision. Now it is outside, the colour is fantastic. The interior was spotless, and they even left a dirty rag for me on the rear floor:D.

Watched this vid

I was naughty and got there very early and did a physical check and then went to the front desk at 09:30, and they let me in even though I had a 10:30 slot, which was great as I was at the Supercharger as vehicle 2. It was getting very busy quickly.

They do go give you a week to report any issues, so unless you see something major it makes sense to get to the charger asap if you need the range.

Note, the battery was set to charge to 60% on our MY which was fine as it meant I was only there for 20min and made space for the next person.

I’m so pleased for you and I’ll give that vid a watch too, thanks. I too am planning on turning up early in Manchester and chance my arm. At least I can do an exterior inspection at the very least. I’ve had a pretty positive buying experience which has been made more exciting by following @Mr Miserable’s shipping thread. All I need now is a good collection day. Enjoy the car Steve, look forward to seeing the pics. 👊🏻

Reactions: hairysteve
So far awful experience especially as I'm about to drop nearly £60k

Normal. Doesn't make it acceptable though. FWIW my experience on this collection was a lot worse. I'm used to it ... but on next EV if Superchargers have opened up in UK probably my only stipulation will be "Charger on rear-left or front-right" instead of "Supercharger network needed, therefore Tesla"

how are things going to be when I again try to contact Tesla if I have a problem

You'll have to book it on the APP. No one will speak to you. If you want to add something later they'll tell you that not enough time is booked and you need to either make two visits, or reschedule.

It might not be THAT bad ... but it wouldn't surprise me if it was. Flip side they may well send a Ranger to fix it, which avoids having to get it back to Service Centre. I don't have mine serviced by Tesla, I have a mobile service guy come and do it on driveway / work carpark.

probably going to cancel the order....

That would be a pity. I expect you will love the car (that also is "normal"), and its good for the planet too (although maybe your second choice is also EV).

Should I be asking Tesla to fix (and pay)?

I have had a couple of Tesla's wrapped. They said "Whatever you do don't let the vendor do any paint correction, just bring it to us whatever paint imperfections there are, much easier to fix it than have to fix a poor fix" ... they also said "Exactly the same advice if you were bringing a Ferrari etc. to us"

Me too. handover cost must be baked into the price, and if I don't need it I don't want to pay for it!
Yes this is what some don’t understand, everything comes at a cost, Tesla saves money in areas like delivery with their no frills service. If they were to offer a more 1 to 1 service now it would end up costing the customer more I presume.

What was the problems with your trade in if you don’t mind saying?

Reactions: PrGrPa
Just got my insurance done cost me £730 for the year through Churchill, just need some advice for some reason my policy document still states it’s a model 3 and not a model Y, ive contacted them twice about this and they say from their end everything is fine. I was wondering if this might be due to Model Y currently not showing on their systems so they automatically put down 3?

Watched this vid

Sounds great. Will check that video out too!

Reactions: hairysteve
Just got my insurance done cost me £730 for the year through Churchill, just need some advice for some reason my policy document still states it’s a model 3 and not a model Y, ive contacted them twice about this and they say from their end everything is fine. I was wondering if this might be due to Model Y currently not showing on their systems so they automatically put down 3?
I’d make sure you get it in writing. The policy is a legal document and I’d be uncomfortable having errors on it.