Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just arrived in Manchester for collection and realised I hadn’t put the parcel shelf back on my disco sport. What are the odds on them calling me out on it? 🙄

I will tell them if you give me one for the Model Y, I’ll give you one for the disco. They are both in the manual. See how that goes down.

• Funny
Reactions: Rooster6655
What are the odds on them calling me out on it?

Zero :)

They MUST have had some people who have taken advantage of that? Someone comes to pick up the car to take to BCA and it has no wheels, seats - let alone the missing parcel shelf... surprised they haven't found the need to do some sort of check. Even if only to tell me I've left a cling-film wrapped package in the glove compartment ...

I will tell them if you give me one for the Model Y, I’ll give you one for the disco

I'm sure the Disco one will fit your MY. Maybe a bit of fettling required ...

Last edited:
I could’ve turned up in anything. But at least I’m leaving in this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 80
New delivery date
Tesla cancelled my Southampton 13:00 Model Y pickup last night. Apparently the car is damaged. I hope this doesn't affect anyone else here. They said they would call back last night with a new date but you know how Tesla are to deal with so of course they did not.

Super disappointed and now will either have to rent a car or catch the bus to work as we sold our M3 yesterday in anticipation. Going from a model 3 / model y to the bus is a hell of a downgrade. Not that Tesla care, they have our money, why would they?

Do I have any rights here or do I just have to take it on the chin?

All sorted, finally spoke to a human. They apologised we fell through the cracks, gave us £100 Uber credit to get to work this week and booked us in for a new car collection next Wednesday. Fair play to them for sorting it out, much less grumpy now. 1 week isn't long all things considered at the moment.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Thank you everyone for your valuable input.
Looking to order the smaller stick on vinyl plates for my MY being delivered next week.
However I need to ensure they are long enough to cover the two screws/screw holes for the conventional plate which the car comes with.
Could any MY owners here tell me the gap/distance between he two screws/screw holes, please?
TIA

Long time lurker, first time poster. Thank you everyone for your valuable input.
Looking to order the smaller stick on vinyl plates for my MY being delivered next week.
However I need to ensure they are long enough to cover the two screws/screw holes for the conventional plate which the car comes with.
Could any MY owners here tell me the gap/distance between he two screws/screw holes, please?
TIA
The screw holes are very close together, any size plate will cover them.

TIA
Dubious legality apparently.