Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that's 3 of us here now that ordered on that week and have that same window of delivery. Not reading too much into it it's probably all automated.

Just find it strange the Tesla site itself still says May 2022. I mean it's May in 2 weeks..
4 if you include me! I ordered on 10th March MY/MSM/19” and it says May 13th to June 7th.
I do find it odd as surely to make 13th May the cars need to have left Shanghai by now.

Reactions: Zeit93
Tesla have said the GF in Shanghai is closed indefinitely until China releases the lockdown, so there won’t be deliveries for a long time yet. I’m returning to the UK tomorrow and in need of a car so going to buy a cheap run-around for 2-3+ months. It could be a while before production resumes, then add 4-6 weeks for delivery.
The lockdown was eased today. Hopefully the factory will be back up to speed soon!

The lockdown was eased today. Hopefully the factory will be back up to speed soon!
If I am reading correctly, easing just means that if you’re in a zone that has no cases for 7 days you are allowed out for essential shopping.

”Those living in areas where no cases have been confirmed for seven days are allowed to collect food deliveries or take a walk at a designated time and location.”

If your zone has no cases for 14 days you are allowed more freedom, but you cannot leave your zone. The GF will struggle to operate under these conditions.

If I am reading correctly, easing just means that if you’re in a zone that has no cases for 7 days you are allowed out for essential shopping.

”Those living in areas where no cases have been confirmed for seven days are allowed to collect food deliveries or take a walk at a designated time and location.”

If your zone has no cases for 14 days you are allowed more freedom, but you cannot leave your zone. The GF will struggle to operate under these conditions.
I’ve seen other factories (including ones that supply parts for Tesla like CATL) have reopened with staff now staying at the factory. It was reported today as an option for Tesla as well.

Reactions: Lee Davis
Newbie here to the Tesla world. Order placed mid March with initial delivery estimate mid May to mid June. Moved to 11th-30th June a couple of days ago.

MSM, black interior and 20s. Standard AP.

Wall connector is installed, user manual read, every review on the internet watched or read. Just need the car now! In all seriousness it doesn’t actually matter if it is later, I have an ML63 AMG to sell (which might be interesting in this climate) so it gives me time to prep it properly and try and maximise the sale value.

As lifelong petrolheads my wife and I were both pleasantly surprised how much we immediately liked the MY. I’ll be keeping my Cayman GTS 4.0 so we still have something for ‘old school’ entertainment, but I can see the MY being our go-to car for 99% of journeys.

I’ll be keeping my Cayman GTS 4.0 so we still have something for ‘old school’ entertainment

I had a toy when I got first EV (MS Performance) too ... after 3 years of not putting a single mile on the toy I sold it ...

Wind in the hair, lots of vroom-vroom noise, the smell of oil and leather, ability to floor it when turning right at a T-junction and be on opposite lock for 100 yards ...

.... discovered that I didn't actually miss any of those things :)

Following a slower car, coming up to a bend where I knew there was a straight ahead. Change down, get ready ... Drat! something coming, change up again. Actually: lots of noise, vibration, and made for tiring driving.

vs: come around the bend, road clear? Just floor it. Arrive much more refreshed.

2p-a-mile for fuel too, never fails to start, doesn't mind if I don't bother to service it, and if I unexpectedly find I need to get a couple of passenger in, or a wardrobe!, then I can.

I had a toy when I got first EV (MS Performance) too ... after 3 years of not putting a single mile on the toy I sold it ...

Wind in the hair, lots of vroom-vroom noise, the smell of oil and leather, ability to floor it when turning right at a T-junction and be on opposite lock for 100 yards ...

.... discovered that I didn't actually miss any of those things :)

Following a slower car, coming up to a bend where I knew there was a straight ahead. Change down, get ready ... Drat! something coming, change up again. Actually: lots of noise, vibration, and made for tiring driving.

vs: come around the bend, road clear? Just floor it. Arrive much more refreshed.

2p-a-mile for fuel too, never fails to start, doesn't mind if I don't bother to service it, and if I unexpectedly find I need to get a couple of passenger in, or a wardrobe!, then I can.
I imagine this will happen for me as well, I’m just on a journey to accepting the future!

I had a couple of automatics before the Cayman (M6GC and M3) and missed the engagement, hence the Cayman is manual, but I already find myself taking the ML (and suffering the truly horrific fuel consumption) for stop start journeys. Speaking of truly horrific consumption, I owe the ML a debt of gratitude for making me so sick of paying for petrol that I decided to test drive the MY. Certainly having something that you can chuck basically anything in the back of is something I now appreciate as well, so the MY will be ideal.

I think the luxury of having the option is great, but it’ll be (for me anyway!) a lot of money on the drive and the Cayman is the logical one for the chop. Time will tell but I can see me going the same way.

I imagine this will happen for me as well, I’m just on a journey to accepting the future!

I had a couple of automatics before the Cayman (M6GC and M3) and missed the engagement, hence the Cayman is manual, but I already find myself taking the ML (and suffering the truly horrific fuel consumption) for stop start journeys. Speaking of truly horrific consumption, I owe the ML a debt of gratitude for making me so sick of paying for petrol that I decided to test drive the MY. Certainly having something that you can chuck basically anything in the back of is something I now appreciate as well, so the MY will be ideal.

I think the luxury of having the option is great, but it’ll be (for me anyway!) a lot of money on the drive and the Cayman is the logical one for the chop. Time will tell but I can see me going the same way.
Funny isn't it. I had an SQ5 which was great fun and quick (arguably similar performance to the MY LR) that went and I have a standard Q5. It's used for towing a market stall that my wife runs. I needed a car and got a Golf GTE, charging overnight and then at work to make the most of EV driving. The lack of petrol pushed me back into an electric car. Test drive the BMW i4 M50 (which is just ridiculously fast - M3 performance like) I was going to order one, but then the fact it is an ICE car that has been made electric meant that the benefits, just aren't there. There is a bloody great transmission tunnel for a start! Wasn't really interested in the M3, I'm 6'5" tall and have a long body, but the MY seemed perfect.

Looking at the performance in detail, the MY is about 1 sec quicker from 50mph to 75mph than the SQ5 (ZEperfs has the MY at 2.6 secs Vs the Audi 3.5secs)

We have a trip to Devon planned (from Suffolk) in the summer and I really hope that we have the Tesla to make that journey. I am known for my "We have got to leave by 5am to miss the traffic" mentality and trying to make a 320 mile journey with one "comfort break"! I've already looked at the possible routes and planned later start with the intention of stopping for 20 mins for a Supercharger top up on the way. We will be on a Granny charger in the rental (that's really quite amusing when you think about it) so I might top up a bit at one of the 50 kw chargers in Barnstaple or Braunton...

4 if you include me! I ordered on 10th March MY/MSM/19” and it says May 13th to June 7th.
I do find it odd as surely to make 13th May the cars need to have left Shanghai by now.

This is similar to me - same spec - ordered 16th March - originally generic July EDD.
Around 19th March updated to 10th - 24th May.
About a week after everyone was reporting date changes it updated to the current 14th May - 9th June range.

Fully expecting this to be changed again however - mine did take a week or so after everyone else was reporting theres had changed to updated.

We have a trip to Devon planned (from Suffolk) in the summer and I really hope that we have the Tesla to make that journey. I am known for my "We have got to leave by 5am to miss the traffic" mentality and trying to make a 320 mile journey with one "comfort break"! I've already looked at the possible routes and planned later start with the intention of stopping for 20 mins for a Supercharger top up on the way. We will be on a Granny charger in the rental (that's really quite amusing when you think about it) so I might top up a bit at one of the 50 kw chargers in Barnstaple or Braunton...
Yes, we've broken a few records by travelling non-stop in the past. It's really worth trying to shift the mind set if you can! We now see a Supercharger stop as something to look forward to ... i.e. a break and food and stretching the legs. I must admit that having to stop on a long journey in years gone by was accompanied by sense of personal failure! However, once I knew a stop was unavoidable with the Tesla I was ok about it and now enjoy trips more and arrive more refreshed.

Reactions: xtattsbox
I owe the ML a debt of gratitude for making me so sick of paying for petrol that I decided to test drive the MY

VW in my case. Had a succession of Blue Motion Golfs, 'coz we are committed Eco-ists. And then discovered I'd been shafted by DieselGate, looked around for something Eco and at that time (2015) had no idea that Tesla existed. Springing from a Blue Motion Golf for a pushing-£100k car made us gulp ... and whilst I was waiting Tesla discontinued the 85 and offered me to 90 (and pony up quite a bit more) or drop back to 75 (with refund). I was doing 30K miles a year at that time, and (with hindsight) very glad that I bought the longer-range. As soon as the gulp-cost was forgotten having out-of-range trips twice a month was made much better by often only needing a splash-and-dash. That was 240 mile realistic range, now on an MS Raven and 300 mile range, that twice-a-month charge has become a couple of times a year as more of the out-and-back business journeys are "within range"

Anyway, thanks VW ... and "Bye" 'coz wife and I are never buying anything from your stable, ever again. But your ID range looks more competent than the others, so I wish Herbert Diess well - if he doesn't get ousted by his dinosaur peer directors who want business-as-usual.

the Cayman is the logical one for the chop

You need an APP that predicts the catastrophic drop in 2nd price when all the laggards, behind you, suddenly wake up and smell the cocoa!

We have a trip to Devon planned

I am known for my "We have got to leave by 5am to miss the traffic" mentality and trying to make a 320 mile journey with one "comfort break"

We used to do that going skiing in the Alps in Fossil. Every couple of hours just swap-drivers-and-carry-on. Very occasionally stop for a pee. Stop for lunch in the middle of the day.

Result? We arrived knackered.

Now when we drive to Alps we plan the lunch stop so that we arrive on single-digit-electrons, fill the battery full, and have at least a half-decent lunch. We're on holiday for cricks sake! we don't need to only stop for 5 minutes for a sandwich tired and curled up at the edges (and probably the same price as a restaurant lunch) An hour for lunch gets the car from empty-to-completely-full

Then a 20 minute stop every 2 hours-ish (depends how ideally spaced the Superchargers are; the car will pretty much do 2h30m at 130 KPH from 80% down to 10%, but in practice some legs are only 1h30m because no suitably placed Supercharger (yet ... its way better than it was when we first did it a few years ago)

I think of Alps as "12 hours door-to-door". EV has added 3 x 20-min recharge stops (in addition to Lunch), which has replaced 3 x 5 minute driver-swap. So added about one hour to the 12-hours.

Result? arrive fully refreshed. The walk from car to the services, stretch our legs for 20 minutes, stand upright, get a coffee etc. actually seems to make a big difference. Or it might be just that I feel Smug. Don't care, either way, it works for me :)

For anyone with Kids / Dogs these stops won't add any extra time. For passengers it may be a bit more of a drag (journey got longer), but them getting out and stretching their legs means they will arrive in better shape too.

We will be on a Granny charger in the rental (that's really quite amusing when you think about it) so I might top up a bit at one of the 50 kw chargers in Barnstaple or Braunton

Darts Farm, near Exeter (if your Devon trip takes you that way) has a fab shop. But its a popular stop, so stalls may be busy.

Granny Charger will give you 7 MPH (maybe more if your tootling around is at low speed), so 14 hours charging each day would get you back 100 miles, or more.

Maybe have a look for Restaurants (or Hotels) with Tesla Destination chargers? (e.g. using PlugShare where you can also see the Comments to see if someone has actually successfully charged there recently). Anything from 7kW upwards, so you'll get 25 - 50 MPH from them. More limiting on choice of restaurants ... but you may find something you wouldn't otherwise have chosen. As we were driving along on a recent trip Wifee selected just such a place for lunch. When we got there it looked like the Kremlin, definitely would have normally just driven on past it ... but a uniformed footman directed us to the Tesla Destination Chargers and the Pud was the best I have ever eaten, without exception.

VW in my case. Had a succession of Blue Motion Golfs, 'coz we are committed Eco-ists. And then discovered I'd been shafted by DieselGate, looked around for something Eco and at that time (2015) had no idea that Tesla existed. Springing from a Blue Motion Golf for a pushing-£100k car made us gulp ... and whilst I was waiting Tesla discontinued the 85 and offered me to 90 (and pony up quite a bit more) or drop back to 75 (with refund). I was doing 30K miles a year at that time, and (with hindsight) very glad that I bought the longer-range. As soon as the gulp-cost was forgotten having out-of-range trips twice a month was made much better by often only needing a splash-and-dash. That was 240 mile realistic range, now on an MS Raven and 300 mile range, that twice-a-month charge has become a couple of times a year as more of the out-and-back business journeys are "within range"

Anyway, thanks VW ... and "Bye" 'coz wife and I are never buying anything from your stable, ever again. But your ID range looks more competent than the others, so I wish Herbert Diess well - if he doesn't get ousted by his dinosaur peer directors who want business-as-usual.

You need an APP that predicts the catastrophic drop in 2nd price when all the laggards, behind you, suddenly wake up and smell the cocoa!

We used to do that going skiing in the Alps in Fossil. Every couple of hours just swap-drivers-and-carry-on. Very occasionally stop for a pee. Stop for lunch in the middle of the day.

Result? We arrived knackered.

Now when we drive to Alps we plan the lunch stop so that we arrive on single-digit-electrons, fill the battery full, and have at least a half-decent lunch. We're on holiday for cricks sake! we don't need to only stop for 5 minutes for a sandwich tired and curled up at the edges (and probably the same price as a restaurant lunch) An hour for lunch gets the car from empty-to-completely-full

Then a 20 minute stop every 2 hours-ish (depends how ideally spaced the Superchargers are; the car will pretty much do 2h30m at 130 KPH from 80% down to 10%, but in practice some legs are only 1h30m because no suitably placed Supercharger (yet ... its way better than it was when we first did it a few years ago)

I think of Alps as "12 hours door-to-door". EV has added 3 x 20-min recharge stops (in addition to Lunch), which has replaced 3 x 5 minute driver-swap. So added about one hour to the 12-hours.

Result? arrive fully refreshed. The walk from car to the services, stretch our legs for 20 minutes, stand upright, get a coffee etc. actually seems to make a big difference. Or it might be just that I feel Smug. Don't care, either way, it works for me :)

For anyone with Kids / Dogs these stops won't add any extra time. For passengers it may be a bit more of a drag (journey got longer), but them getting out and stretching their legs means they will arrive in better shape too.

Darts Farm, near Exeter (if your Devon trip takes you that way) has a fab shop. But its a popular stop, so stalls may be busy.

Granny Charger will give you 7 MPH (maybe more if your tootling around is at low speed), so 14 hours charging each day would get you back 100 miles, or more.

Maybe have a look for Restaurants (or Hotels) with Tesla Destination chargers? (e.g. using PlugShare where you can also see the Comments to see if someone has actually successfully charged there recently). Anything from 7kW upwards, so you'll get 25 - 50 MPH from them. More limiting on choice of restaurants ... but you may find something you wouldn't otherwise have chosen. As we were driving along on a recent trip Wifee selected just such a place for lunch. When we got there it looked like the Kremlin, definitely would have normally just driven on past it ... but a uniformed footman directed us to the Tesla Destination Chargers and the Pud was the best I have ever eaten, without exception.
Thank you. Especially the Alps stuff!! I've been looking at the charger situation, there are some 50kw ones around which are always handy!